5/20 15/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss5490
Re: Rehtaeh Parsons, RIP

Rehtaeh Parsons photo used in Facebook dating ad
Facebook blocks company forever after receiving complaints
Dating website shut down after using Rehtaeh Parsons photo

Quote:
Facebook has banned a company from advertising on its website after an image of Rehtaeh Parsons was used to advertise a dating website.

The ad was spotted by Rob Russell, who works in Toronto, when it popped up while he was checking his account.

"Immediately I thought, 'Wow, somebody must not know whose picture they're using here,'" he said.

"I'm looking at this and I'm thinking, 'How sick is that?'" said the late teen's father, Glen Canning.

Parsons died in April after a suicide attempt at the age of 17. Her parents said she was sexually assaulted when she was 15 years old and then bullied relentlessly for more than a year.

Canning found out about the advertisement Tuesday night when someone sent him a link in an email.

"I'm literally just speechless over this. This is just disgusting," he said.

Facebook said the company, ionechat.com, will never be allowed to advertise with them again.

"This is an extremely unfortunate example of an advertiser scraping an image and using it in their ad campaign," a spokesperson from Facebook wrote in a statement, calling this a gross violation of their advertising policies. "We apologize for any harm this has caused."

Canning said blocking the company was the only acceptable response.

"What a thing for a parent to see. Especially because Rehtaeh is the victim of a sexual assault and they have her on a dating website," he said. "Not only that, she's also a minor. What does that say?"

Canning said he is going to try to figure out how his daughter's image ended up on the advertisement.

"In my heart, it's just inexcusable," he said. "There's just no way I would accept an excuse that this was just some kind of a glitch."

Parsons's story of cyberbullying made headlines around the world. Last week, her mother appeared on the Dr. Phil Show to talk about what happened.

Meanwhile, a spokesperson from Facebook encouraged people to report other advertisements if they have concerns.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-s...g-ad-1.1858376
Facebook apologies for dating ad showing Rehtaeh Parsons
Website administrator apologizes to Rehtaeh Parsons’ family for dating ad
Dating website shut down after using Rehtaeh Parsons photo

The administrator of Ionechat.com said that "the photos for the ad were gathered randomly from Google".
Veeeeeery randomly

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gatagato For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, kellyhound, Megamel29, rapeWhistle
Old 09-18-2013, 11:21 PM
rapeWhistle
Hand of the King
Poster Rank:15
Standing by...
Contributions: 53

Mentioned: 481 Post(s)
Quoted: 21631 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
16/20 13/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss40895

After all four rapists are sentenced they should sew blonde wigs to
their scalps, spray them down with Chanel No.5, and release them
into Gen Pop with a matching bright orange mini-skirt and blouse.

i'm not sure i'd have the patience to deal with an aging pig.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rapeWhistle For This Useful Post:
banana dick, gatagato, Jordana
Old 09-18-2013, 11:34 PM
bob351
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:32
male

Mentioned: 158 Post(s)
Quoted: 11213 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 9/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssss23600

How the fuck and why the fuck anyone would do that with the picture for a dating site is beyond me...

The Following User Says Thank You to bob351 For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 09-18-2013, 11:57 PM
GlowingGhoul
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:825

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss585

It's Canada. They'll have an easy time in prison.

Old 09-19-2013, 12:05 PM
summer34
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3012
female

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss76

we can only imagine the pain and heartbreak you feel, first thought in the morning and last until you are able to sleep, tears and anger ran through me reading your pain, wtf is going on in this world, scumbag school and CLASSMATES???? how can you not back up vigilantie groups when there is no justice? I hope Rehtaeh gets justice, be it one way or another, RIP sweetheart

Old 09-20-2013, 12:17 AM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21528

Damn, gata! You beat me to this one

I was just going to post this update myself.

Picture of Rehtaeh's friends protesting the ad.

Attached Images

Old 09-20-2013, 12:21 AM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21528

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatagato View Post
The administrator of Ionechat.com said that "the photos for the ad were gathered randomly from Google".
Veeeeeery randomly
Random, my ass!

Old 07-13-2016, 04:55 AM
xCellarxDoorx
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2431

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 3/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss110

Pieces of shit, for real.

Old 07-13-2016, 12:25 PM
RealityUnfolding
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:963
Female
Contributions: 14

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 8/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss458

'Bout to get political-ish up in this bish.

This post sickened me to my stomach. As a survivor, I told no one. Podunk town, everyone knew everyone. I was preempted by being called a slut first the next morning. So buckle in, I'm ranting (feel free to skip over).

All these stupid, bitch-ass feminists whining over "manspreading" and other such bullshit, doing their absurdly fucking moronic "Facebook awareness" posts and other dumb shit think they are some sort of feminine crusader.

Fuck those bitches. Fuck them in their bubbles thinking "dialogue" is sharing a meme to show their dumbass self righteousness.

Why? Stories like this. They bitch about consequences of rape in the first world, the DO NOTHING ABOUT THE FUCKING PROBLEM. They whine but when it comes to action, they shrivel like piss-ant wilting flowers too delicate to make change.

They campaign for Democrats who are the assholes who are working their asses off to keep jail time from happening to anyone, especially with the shitty ACLU on their side. Those rape sentencing guidelines we have? The reason "discretion" exists? Because the ACLU has challenged mandatory minimums in most states by arguing a rapist is "mentally disturbed" and therefore not responsible for their rape at the highest level.

The vast majority of Democrat candidates with legal histories have seriously fucking scary pasts in working on law like that or organizations like the ACLU who fight for "prisoner rights". Hillary Fucking "ERMAHGERD VOTE FOR A WOMAN" Clinton got a pedophile who abused a child off "light". And she's the "hallmark" of feminist voting.

These types of bitch ass women are why these rape sentencing guidelines blow balls and instead of acting DOING something about it, they ignore it altogether to share some fucking glittery meme about horrible men doing "men things" like, oh I don't know, looking in a woman's direction within 50 feet of their bodies, then keep voting candidates who harm women's rights and criminal sentencing.

This should never have happened. I can't STAND when a bitch female falsely accuses a guy but this was on video THE RAPISTS shared. And now those guys are getting anonymity. Fuck them.

And it will keep happening. These leftie "modern" feminists refuse to get off their asses, find out which judges are on ballots and how they sentence, put lawyers on blast and any district who uses them, lawmakers, all those assholes that keep rapists sentences so light that it victimizes the woman all over again.

Rape should have mandatory sentencing for hard and fast cases, especially ones with video evidence. FFS, it's not like you can say "That's not me sir, that's magical Blair Witch 2 trickery!". Stop letting them off with nothing, with 100 hours community service or any other bullshit. When there is no question, stop getting them to plead guilty so you can go home faster with a sweetheart plea deal so you get your fucking "quota" of cases won to make yourself look good. Vote those fuckers out of office (or in cases where states have voted in people responsible for appointing judges or PAs) and DO something.

This girl's case is so unbelievably heartbreaking, and with the advent of social media, Facebook Live streaming, etc. - it's not rare. I've written to multiple court officials, I write to candidates, and I check out the candidates I vote for, what my state/county gives them authority over and I spread it loud and proud for assholes who are light on sentencing violent crimes.

These other bitches need to be doing the same instead of keeping assholes in office because they are Sesame-Street-basic-bitches who don't know how to vote unless it's sponsored by the letter D on the ballot. Instead, they prefer to pass memes and social media posts like when that dumbass Todd Akin SAID something stupid, while the next post championing a candidate who DID something stupid - like wiping sentencing guidelines off the slate for rape. Because this? It will keep happening. Again and again. It needs to stop.

Bieber. And make it a snuff film.
The Following User Says Thank You to RealityUnfolding For This Useful Post:
BostonPancake