Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1894 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93392
Record Breaking Breakfast Feast

Quote:
He's just devoured the world's most unhealthy full English breakfast - and might need a doctor to save his bacon.
Steven Magee, 29, has become the first person to conquer The Big One, a heart-stopping giant fry-up boasting 7,500 calories - three times the recommended daily intake.
Weighing in at a whopping three kilos, it includes three sausages, three beef burgers, three fried eggs, three rashers of bacon, three slices of black pudding, three square sausages, three portions of beans and three portions of mushrooms.

But that's not all. On the side are three potato waffles, three potato scones, three hash browns, three portions of fried bread, three rounds of bread and butter and three rounds of toast.
At least 60 customers at the Hungry Hossee Cafe in Corby, Northamptonshire, have tried to devour it - but until now everyone has failed.
Indeed, the cafe has a wall full of photos of customers who have taken on the challenge and lost.

Steven, from Corby, who admits he usually just has a bowl of cereal for breakfast, said: 'I've been in the cafe lots of times before and this time I decided to give it a shot.
'It was a serious challenge and I very nearly backed down. I think it was sheer will power that kept me going.

'I was absolutely determined to eat everything on the plate so I convinced myself I could do it and amazingly I did.'
It took Steven one hour and 20 minutes and six mugs of tea to eat the breakfast blow-out, which normally costs £12 but is free to anyone who can eat every mouthful.
'I started off all right but it got harder and harder to keep eating and a couple of times I almost gave up,' he said.
'I'm quite tall but I don't normally eat big meals - I just like to take on a challenge. I've eaten a 48oz steak before but apart from that I have a normal appetite.
'A few of my mates, who are much bigger than me, have tried to eat all the breakfast before and not managed so I'm really pleased to have succeeded.'

Cafe owner Shelaine Agnes Crabtree said the massive breakfast, which takes 15 minutes to cook and takes up the whole three foot griddle, had been on the menu for the last six years.
'In more than six years, we have never had anyone else clear their plate,' she said.
'Roughly once a month someone attempts it so we've had about 60 people try.
'One man got close, but he left half a sausage, two slices of toast and three slices of bread and butter.'
She said the rules were that you could take as long as you wanted to finish, but you could not share or drop anything on the floor.

'We have a camera with a monitor in the kitchen which we watch to make sure there is no cheating,' she said.
'Steven did really well and we were all there cheering him on. He seemed very determined and focused.
'We have now put a large framed picture of him on the wall and the challenge is now to eat it in a faster time than Steven.'
Steven added: 'I wouldn't mind trying the challenge again, but not for a while.'
A fry-up at Mario's Cafe in Westhoughton, Bolton, is currently in the Guinness Book of Records as the biggest breakfast in the world, but it only contains 5,000 calories and weighs 2.9kg.
Shelaine is now hoping to apply to Guinness to have her breakfast, which contains 2,500 more calories and weighs 3kg, take the title.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Faline For This Useful Post:
Dragonlady66, Sharon
Old 09-13-2011, 02:44 PM
Clubhouse

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 0/20
Today Posts
sssssssss
Re: Record Breaking Breakfast Feat

Fucking Hell!!! Now there's a man who has never had hangover problems!!!

Old 09-13-2011, 03:04 PM
DollHead
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:613
Female

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss916
Re: Record Breaking Breakfast Feat

Fuuuuck. I want to throw up just looking at that!

Old 09-13-2011, 03:52 PM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 413

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1760 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 20/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss61206
Re: Record Breaking Breakfast Feast

Next day:
Quote:
Steven Magee, 29, has become the first person to produce The Big One, a heart-stopping giant turd boasting 5 pounds - three times the normal daily out-take.

Old 09-13-2011, 05:08 PM
icheerthebull
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:290
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2802

for £12 I want more than just 3 sausages and 3 rashers. Swap the bread for more sausages and the black pudding for white pudding and I would give it a go. Dont think I'd make it but i'd give it a go.

Old 09-14-2011, 09:03 AM
Sharon
Offline:
✝ Moderator ✝
Poster Rank:10
Sparkle and Smut
Contributions: 204

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1782 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 16/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss51381

I read about this - in fact, my mum read it to me while I was visiting. Made my mouth water

Old 09-14-2011, 09:04 AM
Sharon
Offline:
✝ Moderator ✝
Poster Rank:10
Sparkle and Smut
Contributions: 204

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1782 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 16/20
Today Posts