Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss25
Re: Rape Victims Should Have 'moral Responsibility'

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhOLapbNwaST! View Post
And when will men be held at fault as being responsible for their own victimization in any crime? They aren't. Only women are. Women are constantly told that we deserved what we got and it's our own fault. Ever heard a man be told he was responsible for his rape?

There is no doubt that anyone can put themselves in a bad situation, but only women will be blamed for it.
I don't know if I fully agree with this. Women are sometimes maligned and told we "get what we deserve" and men often get let off the hook with a lazy eye roll and a "boys will be boys" sigh. Still, I can think of tons of examples where this isn't the case. A male friend of mine runs his mouth, talks shit to the wrong guy at a bar, and gets punched in the face? Everyone usually agrees he had it coming and tells him as much. I think men get called out just as often, if not more frequently than women. We are totally societally infantilized.

When someone uses the word "victim" it almost always has a female connotation even though it's not an innately engendered word. Men don't have to contend with these sorts of dialogues of "victimization" and other crap. It's almost as if men are part of things that happen and women have things happen to them. It's supremely frustrating and total bullshit. As if we are passive participants in a world where men are active.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to realitynoshow For This Useful Post:
rapeWhistle, winvens
Old 11-13-2013, 11:05 PM
Broadjumper
Offline:
My Rank: SECOND LIEUTENANT
Poster Rank:188
Male

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1182 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss5092

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Geno View Post
I kinda want to rape that lady in the photo
There's no accounting for taste...or lack of it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Broadjumper For This Useful Post:
winvens
Old 11-13-2013, 11:52 PM
rapeWhistle
Offline:
Hand of the King
Poster Rank:15
Standing by...
Contributions: 53

Mentioned: 481 Post(s)
Quoted: 21658 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
17/20 13/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss40945

Quote:
Originally Posted by realitynoshow View Post
I don't know if I fully agree with this. Women are sometimes maligned and told we "get what we deserve" and men often get let off the hook with a lazy eye roll and a "boys will be boys" sigh. Still, I can think of tons of examples where this isn't the case. A male friend of mine runs his mouth, talks shit to the wrong guy at a bar, and gets punched in the face? Everyone usually agrees he had it coming and tells him as much. I think men get called out just as often, if not more frequently than women. We are totally societally infantilized.

When someone uses the word "victim" it almost always has a female connotation even though it's not an innately engendered word. Men don't have to contend with these sorts of dialogues of "victimization" and other crap. It's almost as if men are part of things that happen and women have things happen to them. It's supremely frustrating and total bullshit. As if we are passive participants in a world where men are active.
This ^

i'm not sure i'd have the patience to deal with an aging pig.
The Following User Says Thank You to rapeWhistle For This Useful Post:
winvens
Old 11-13-2013, 11:57 PM
Megamel29
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:283
Female
Contributions: 6

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

Quote:
Originally Posted by realitynoshow View Post

Woman runs her mouth, gets her ass kicked. She was asking for it.

Man gets raped. Does anyone think he was asking for it?

Compare the same situation with different genders, it's a whole different story.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Megamel29 For This Useful Post:
Broadjumper, cupcake725, invertigo, K9Grip, MadCore, winvens
Old 02-13-2014, 10:45 PM
scflipflopper
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:694
female

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss761

I've been reading all of your comments but have any of you ever been raped? This woman makes me sick by continuing the cycle of rape myths. If women put themselves in danger then how come nudist camps aren't crawling with rape? How come women and now men have to justify the horrors they have been through and explain their fucked up situation? Does it make anyone feel better to know I was attacked coming home from work, walking to my apartment wearing a black hoodie and sweat pants minding my own business when I had a gun pointed to my head and either fuck or die? When you get raped you do die. I am not the same soul I was before the sexual assault. It fucks your entire life up. And don't even get me started on the statue of limitations. It took five fucked up years to have my rapist, Mr. Kenton Elmore, now serving 45 years for my kidnap and rape to be captured by DNA. If it had been 7 years he would have never known justice and I would have blown my head off. I don't think this woman is in touch with reality or she is just pure evil....

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scflipflopper For This Useful Post:
invertigo, MadCore, Sybil
Old 02-15-2014, 03:44 PM
cupcake725
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:249
female
Contributions: 2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2014 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3457

Quote:
Originally Posted by scflipflopper View Post
I've been reading all of your comments but have any of you ever been raped? This woman makes me sick by continuing the cycle of rape myths. If women put themselves in danger then how come nudist camps aren't crawling with rape? How come women and now men have to justify the horrors they have been through and explain their fucked up situation? Does it make anyone feel better to know I was attacked coming home from work, walking to my apartment wearing a black hoodie and sweat pants minding my own business when I had a gun pointed to my head and either fuck or die? When you get raped you do die. I am not the same soul I was before the sexual assault. It fucks your entire life up. And don't even get me started on the statue of limitations. It took five fucked up years to have my rapist, Mr. Kenton Elmore, now serving 45 years for my kidnap and rape to be captured by DNA. If it had been 7 years he would have never known justice and I would have blown my head off. I don't think this woman is in touch with reality or she is just pure evil....
I'm extremely sorry for what happened to you. Don't give him a "Mr." - he's a monster. From now on, use his prison number. He's just a number now. He take take any more power away from you.

I understand you. I was raped violently (he pissed on my after). My rapist had priors. He was the devil. He truly hated women. He had a daughter. He told me during the rape, "this is how I fuck my daughter". Vile.

I totally *get* losing your soul. But, you need to find your fight. You're worth it. It took me a long time to shut out the noise from the outside world. Mentally, carry a big fucking stick. Girlfriend, you'll need it. I've been called all sorts of names since my rape (aborted what he left in me, so you could imagine). However, I hate what happened to me - but I'm ferociously stronger. Rapist are cowards.

Admonishing women for not doing enough to stop their own rapes is laughable. According to RAINN's Jennifer Marsh, encouraging women to prevent rape by drinking less is an "oversimplification" of the crime of sexual assault. "[Rape] can take place anywhere, at any time," she says. "It's not just in a fraternity bedroom after a party."

And it can happen to women who are sober, too.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cupcake725 For This Useful Post:
invertigo, K9Grip, Sybil, winvens
Old 02-16-2014, 03:02 PM
K9Grip
Offline:
Ill Saint Hoodrat
Poster Rank:16
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Quoted: 19389 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss40649

"She also expressed doubts over the “long term damaging effects” of rape…"
Thirteen years later and there are still things I can't shake. I'm not speaking for anyone, but myself - sometimes it's just a state of hyper-vigilance.
People often forget that most of the time the attacker is someone you know. So your sense of safely inside the world you live in is shaken or taken away completely.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to K9Grip For This Useful Post:
cupcake725, MadCore, winvens
Old 02-19-2014, 09:04 AM
MadCore
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1126
Female

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss349

I have been raped several times by two of my exes, of which the latter raped me, knowing about my history, "to get rid of the old memories". I wholeheartedly agree with the words that "when you get raped, you die". I am not the same person I used to be, and I never will be. Neither of the rapists will never be prosecuted, first because I had completely blocked everything for almost two years before I started having flashbacks, and second because lack of evidence. He was very smart covering his tracks by keeping me inside the house and beating me if I left for too long. I couldn't even go see a doctor.

Speaking of the topic: what did I do to "ask" to be raped? I refused sex. That was their weak excuse for their actions. Did my clothing have anything to do with the situation? No. Alcohol? No, I didn't drink and neither did them. Drugs? No. Did I put myself in that situation? Probably, by not knowing their habits of violence. Am I "morally responsible" for what happened?

The Following User Says Thank You to MadCore For This Useful Post:
winvens