Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567
Re: Rampage by U.S. Soldier Kills Up to 18 Afghan Civilians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewvane View Post
......and here you make a damn good argument as to why we should shoot the lot of them, yet you groaned my post?
As for calling Deverica Wolf an idiot, the only idiot here is you. Stay in your safe little fantasy world where you don't have to think for yourself, and can chase rainbow sherbert lines around a berry flavoured unicorn until your retarded heart is content.
Its all cause & effects IMHO......We fuck around meddling with them, and then wonder why they hate us and attack us.
The problem here is for every guy like you, there is another guy on their side with the same views regarding us..... And the more we do dumb shit over there, we are just spawning the next generation of people willing to blow us up.

So where does this all end? We've been at this for longer than my lifetime, and sooner or later it's going to lead to a bigger conflict, probably WW3 in the worst case scenerio.

Tell you what though, you are a smart enough and educated enough guy to realize what the fight is about.
I don't agree with your strategy, but at least you know what's going on.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:14 PM
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Poster Rank:28
Arse fucker

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
The ultimate answer is to develop an alternative to Oil Dependency, but that road so far has been blocked by the dollars Big Oil has to throw at our Politicians.
Maybe there will be a time when we no longer need crude oil for fuel, but we still need to make plastic, rubber, and other products from it. Synthetic fossil fuels is one answer but the chemistry behind it is way above my head. Sad fact is that we will always need crude.
Quote:
In the last election remember when the Republican catch phrase was " drill bay drill"? Not even taking into account that whatever was drilled GOES ON THE WORLD MARKET.
All oil producing nations are members of OPEC. OPEC decides how much oil is released on the market and at what price. Each OPEC member has to meet a quota which is supposed to ensure that no single country has to prop up supply.
Quote:
We don't have enough oil here to even supply ourselves, and we don't have the resources to occupy the Middle East and take it either..... So where does this leave us?
Yes you are right, the US does not have the resources to 'occupy' the middle east but it doesn't need to. By eliminating all aggressive opposition and allowing a western friendly population to re settle the land you can gain a valuable foothold in the region.

The Following Users Disliked This Post By Blewvane:
Asoss
Old 03-16-2012, 11:01 PM
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Arse fucker

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730

Quote:
Its all cause & effects IMHO......We fuck around meddling with them, and then wonder why they hate us and attack us.
And the more we do dumb shit over there, we are just spawning the next generation of people willing to blow us up.

So where does this all end? We've been at this for longer than my lifetime, and sooner or later it's going to lead to a bigger conflict, probably WW3 in the worst case scenerio.
All this started about 100 years ago when the western world realised it needed more oil. The middle east shown that it had heaps of the stuff and agreements were made. Over the years their civil wars and regime changes have had a serious impact on production and delivery, so the western nations attempted to fix the probems by choosing sides without knowing the full story or understanding the long term consequences.
Let's not get bogged down trying to figure out who to blame, or who threw the first stone, let's just agree that enemies have been made and need to be sorted out. I feel that the current threat needs to be eliminated swiftly, and in a way that reduces the chance of revenge attacks carried out by their next generation.
Quote:
The problem here is for every guy like you, there is another guy on their side with the same views regarding us....
That's right and if that person had his way both you and me would be dead, where as if i had my way we would both be safe, have satisfactory living standards, and he would be dead. Consider who you like better, him or you.

The Following 2 Users Disliked Blewvane For This Post:
Asoss, Ozzman
Old 03-17-2012, 05:34 AM
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:30
guess

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss24741

we need to go nuclear for power. and solar. wind. etc.

Old 03-17-2012, 10:07 AM
Necrosis
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:906
Male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss505

spree shooting is always good news, maybe next time somewhere a bit closer, huh?

The Following User Says Thank You to Necrosis For This Useful Post:
Daverika Wulff
The Following 2 Users Disliked Necrosis For This Post:
daughterofthenight, Ozzman
Old 03-17-2012, 04:24 PM
Ozzman
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:800

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss614

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrosis View Post
spree shooting is always good news, maybe next time somewhere a bit closer, huh?
Haven't we had enough of that in the last 15 years?

The Following User Says Thank You to Ozzman For This Useful Post:
daughterofthenight
Old 03-17-2012, 06:53 PM
bigmikeymike
Offline:
To infinity and beyond!
Poster Rank:538
Weener

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1140

Quote:
Originally Posted by tannersmith View Post
It's funny how americans are calling the muslims violent.
Kill disbelievers wherever you find them. If they attack you, then kill them. Such is the reward of disbelievers. (But if they desist in their unbelief, then don't kill them.) 2:191-2

The disbelievers, they are the wrong-doers. 2:254

Don't be friends with non-Muslims. They all hate you and want to ruin you. 3:118

We shall cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Their habitation is the Fire 3:151

Allah will bestow a vast reward on those who fight in religious wars. 4:74

The disbelievers are an open enemy to you. 4:101

Questions?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bigmikeymike For This Useful Post:
Blewvane, daughterofthenight, Daverika Wulff, EPIC_FAIL
The Following Users Disliked This Post By bigmikeymike:
iReallyShouldnt
Old 03-18-2012, 12:07 AM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Maybe there will be a time when we no longer need crude oil for fuel, but we still need to make plastic, rubber, and other products from it. Synthetic fossil fuels is one answer but the chemistry behind it is way above my head. Sad fact is that we will always need crude.All oil producing nations are members of OPEC. OPEC decides how much oil is released on the market and at what price. Each OPEC member has to meet a quota which is supposed to ensure that no single country has to prop up supply. Yes you are right, the US does not have the resources to 'occupy' the middle east but it doesn't need to. By eliminating all aggressive opposition and allowing a western friendly population to re settle the land you can gain a valuable foothold in the region.
I don't know how many more people we would have to eliminate to contain any aggressive behavior towards us, seems to me we've been trying that for 50 years and it just keeps on getting worse...... We propped up guys like the Shah, now 30 years later everybody he fucked over on our behalf is trying to go nuclear..... We propped up Saddam, then he eventually turned on us...... Recently we propped up & supported Pakistan, now it turns out they are likely the biggest threat we have & they already have nukes.
Hell, we basically gave Israel a foothold in that area, and even that is costly & creating enemys.
Its a no-win situation.

Old 03-18-2012, 12:11 AM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
All this started about 100 years ago when the western world realised it needed more oil. The middle east shown that it had heaps of the stuff and agreements were made. Over the years their civil wars and regime changes have had a serious impact on production and delivery, so the western nations attempted to fix the probems by choosing sides without knowing the full story or understanding the long term consequences.
Let's not get bogged down trying to figure out who to blame, or who threw the first stone, let's just agree that enemies have been made and need to be sorted out. I feel that the current threat needs to be eliminated swiftly, and in a way that reduces the chance of revenge attacks carried out by their next generation.That's right and if that person had his way both you and me would be dead, where as if i had my way we would both be safe, have satisfactory living standards, and he would be dead. Consider who you like better, him or you.
So other than killing everybody, how do we do this?
They have been killing each other for eternity, most of them are under educated & follow tribal loyalties......

Old 03-18-2012, 02:51 AM
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Arse fucker

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730

Quote:
So other than killing everybody, how do we do this?
I don't know, you're the one that groaned the post i made saying kill them all.