Home Register Mark Forums Read NTFU Login Rules Top Posters What We Need
Go Back   Documenting Reality > Faces of Death Chat & Research > Current Events | In The News

Rally to Save a Pit Bull After Attack 

Join Now

Old 03-03-2014, 09:55 AM
TwistedSisterr
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:373
Tenacious Bigmouth
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 617 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 4/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1616
Rally to Save a Pit Bull After Attack

PHOENIX (KSAZ) -
A pit bull named Micky is set to be euthanized after he nearly tore off a little boy's face. Dozens of protesters rallied in downtown Phoenix Sunday to try and save the dog.

Micky bit the 4 year-olds face when the boy tried to take a bone out of the pit-bull's mouth. Micky's 10 day quarantine is up tomorrow and protesters are rallying to save him from being euthanized.

Animal Care & Control has custody of Micky since his owner gave up ownership of the dog to authorities. The bite to the boy was so bad he is facing several surgeries to reconstruct his face. As a result of the bite Micky's life may soon come to an end.

"He should not deserve to pay for it with his life," said Delaina White.

"I believe it's tragic but I also believe the dog didn't do anything wrong. He was on his property eating his bone when the child reached down and tried to take his bone away from him," said Veronica Gasiorowski.

During a news conference last week doctors and Animal Control officials pointed out that Micky's actions were natural for a dog trying to protect his food or property. Many protesters believe what happened to this little boy was a preventable tragedy. "Had Micky left his yard to go and maul the child on purpose that would be a different story. This is a case of an unattended child left by a babysitter," said Gasiorowski.

Animal Care and Control officials say Micky has not shown any aggressive behavior since being turned over to them, they describe him as mellow. "The county has deemed him un adoptable at this point, there are other options we can take there are sanctuaries and organizations who would be more than happy to accept him to put him in rehabilitation or in a situation where he wont be around children where he's not going to be able to hurt anybody else," said White.

Micky's fate will be decided this week starting with a hearing tomorrow morning with Animal Care & Control.
Sorry I dont have time to load the video!
VIDEO:
http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/24865121/20
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TwistedSisterr For This Useful Post:
Darkest Angel, gatagato, JustifiableHomicide, Matti, mr black, Oswald2001, Paupercool1, Photoplay, Pyramid_Head
Old 03-03-2014, 10:41 AM
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:84
Male

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 543 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
14/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss9894
Re: Rally to Save a Pit Bull After Attack

I agree with the people against putting the dog down. If the child had been properly supervised, none of this would have happened. Not all dogs do well around kids, that doesn't mean they should be put down.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Pyramid_Head For This Useful Post:
Anom Alley, Blewvane, Froctopus, MadCore, Paupercool1, Pit Bull, smartyr, Tickle Me, TwistedSisterr, woodsetton, Xfactor
The Following 5 Users Disliked Pyramid_Head For This Post:
5umguy24, ak74, invertigo, sherrimccharles, zombiehunter1231
Old 03-03-2014, 10:49 AM
mr black
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:38
Contributions: 17

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Quoted: 4333 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
19/20 13/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss16715

The dog's initial instincts are to protect its food/territory, HOWEVER a pet shouldn't maul a kids face to the point of severe trauma regardless of circumstances.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to mr black For This Useful Post:
alyjo07, Anom Alley, BBKF, Cancun78, Clubhouse, Darkest Angel, invertigo, Ntwadumela, Pigeon, Ratzerfratzer, rob666, sherrimccharles, tonyn, TwistedSisterr
Old 03-03-2014, 11:56 AM
TwistedSisterr
Offline:
Tenacious Bigmouth

Activity Longevity
0/20 4/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
The dog's initial instincts are to protect its food/territory, HOWEVER a pet shouldn't maul a kids face to the point of severe trauma regardless of circumstances.

Yeah I agree that he shoudnt have ever attacked to that extent but an unsupervised child in somebody elses backyard taking the dogs bone?? I can def see why this dog shouldnt be put down!
Old 03-03-2014, 12:31 PM
BLT
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:2468

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss85

The owner got rid of the dog and the community is rallying to keep it alive... interesting. I have a loving pitbull but as a stranger in this situation with any dog you are crossing a territorial line. I've had small temperamental dogs like a pug or chiwawa go apeshit on my hand after trying to take its chew toy, people think its cute because they are not very harmful
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BLT For This Useful Post:
Anom Alley, dcaccount22, Froctopus, sherrimccharles, TwistedSisterr
Old 03-03-2014, 01:45 PM
TwistedSisterr
Offline:
Tenacious Bigmouth

Activity Longevity
0/20 4/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1616

my question is, if this would have been a dalmation, would it still be surrendered by the owner and facing a death sentence?? Or is it just because its a pit bull?
and its the *babysitters (and parents) fault, not the dog. He didnt run the child down an try to kill him. His yard, his bone.... I wouldnt do something like that to ANY dog regardless of size or breed!!

Last edited by TwistedSisterr; 03-03-2014 at 01:58 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TwistedSisterr For This Useful Post:
Anom Alley, Blewvane, JustifiableHomicide, MadCore, nastyg, Paupercool1
Old 03-03-2014, 01:57 PM
Metal Mike
Offline:
Poster Rank:80
World-Class Smartass

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 6075 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 4/20
Today Posts
6/11 ssss10015

No winners in a story like this: the kid's got a mangled face, and the dog will never have a normal home life even in the event that it's saved from the needle. Chances are the babysitter is in pretty deep shit too.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Metal Mike For This Useful Post:
Anom Alley, Darkest Angel, sherrimccharles, Tickle Me, TwistedSisterr
Old 03-03-2014, 02:55 PM
Matti
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:262
Something wicked this way comes....

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 2/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2690

There are many things to consider. People question whether this was another breed and/or mix of dog, would this still be an issue? For the most part, yes. Indeed it would. If the dog was a smaller breed or even a larger animal, attacking (and yes, it was an attack) a child is a big no-no.

It does not surprise me the 4 year olds face was badly mutilated. This is a medium sized dog. This is a small face. This is a medium size dog with a jaw muscle that warrants serious consideration.

Though the APBT does not have the most powerful bite force, it's ability to grab/hold is incredible.

(Centuries ago, these dogs were bred and kept as protectors for farmers who had to deal with rampaging bulls.....the American Pit Bull Terrier can obtain a hold at the throat of a bull and thus wear the bull down and bring that huge beast to it's knees allowing the farmer to do what he needs....that is how strong their hold is.)

With all of this said, I would not own a dog who would not submit it's food/treat to a human being. And certainly not a Pit. A truly well bred/well trained Pit will NOT resource guard from anyone. Thus, the reason why they are so popular in dog fighting. They have to be handled by humans. Can't have that dog even thinking about biting a human.

Mickey is in serious need of positive training & rehabilitation. (IMO) This is the dog's only saving grace. If this can be done, there is no reason to euthanize.

I have spent a lot of time researching the APBT. I have also owned and know many people who own or have owned these absolutely amazing dogs.

This does not make me an expert but it does give me a bit more knowledge than the average dog owner and too often, that of the average American Pit Bull Terrier owner.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Matti For This Useful Post:
Anom Alley, BBKF, Darkest Angel, MadCore, Photoplay, TwistedSisterr
Old 03-03-2014, 03:05 PM
TwistedSisterr
Offline:
Tenacious Bigmouth

Activity Longevity
0/20 4/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1616

I honestly dont think I have EVER trusted a dog 150%..... I have a german shepard/chow mix and a 4 pound chihuahua that have never shown aggression towards ME,however, Chubby (the shepard/chow)has a bite record of 2 people, and it was done in my yard in front of me to strangers who came IN the gate and started towards me.... thank god he is alive, one more bite and my Chubby gets put down!!! but im still respectful of their instincts, nature, and pack mentality. I think people need to teach kids a healthy & cautious respect towards ALL animals!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TwistedSisterr For This Useful Post:
Anom Alley, Cancun78, Darkest Angel, sherrimccharles
Old 03-03-2014, 04:41 PM
Metal Mike
Offline:
Poster Rank:80
World-Class Smartass

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 6075 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 4/20
Today Posts
6/11 ssss10015

Chows are kind of nuts to begin with anyway.

You can't go wrong with shepherds and rottweilers, though. Dobermans are good too, but a lot of them have a real stupid tendency to chase and pounce small children.

The problem with pit bulls is that even if one has a good temperament, they're still very stubborn and stupid dogs. Leash training them is a nightmare.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Metal Mike For This Useful Post:
Anom Alley, mr black, Raevynn, sherrimccharles, TwistedSisterr
Documenting Reality > Faces of Death Chat & Research > Current Events | In The News

Amateur Sex & Naked Wife And Girlfriend Forum