Today Posts
11/11 ssss25907
Quantum Physics Proves That There IS an Afterlife

Quantum physics proves that there IS an afterlife, claims scientist
Robert Lanza claims the theory of biocentrism says death is an illusion
He said life creates the universe, and not the other way round
This means space and time don't exist in the linear fashion we think it does
He uses the famous double-split experiment to illustrate his point
And if space and time aren't linear, then death can't exist in 'any real sense' either

'We think life is just the activity of carbon and an admixture of molecules – we live a while and then rot into the ground,' said the scientist on his website.

Lanza, from Wake Forest University School of Medicine in North Carolina, continued that as humans we believe in death because 'we've been taught we die', or more specifically, our consciousness associates life with bodies and we know that bodies die.

His theory of biocentrism, however, explains that death may not be as terminal as we think it is.

Biocentrism is classed as the theory of everything and comes from the Greek for 'life centre'.

It is the believe that life and biology are central to reality and that life creates the universe, not the other way round.

This suggests a person's consciousness determines the shape and size of objects in the universe.

'We think life is just the activity of carbon and an admixture of molecules – we live a while and then rot into the ground,' said the scientist on his website.
Lanza, from Wake Forest University School of Medicine in North Carolina, continued that as humans we believe in death because 'we've been taught we die', or more specifically, our consciousness associates life with bodies and we know that bodies die.

His theory of biocentrism, however, explains that death may not be as terminal as we think it is.
Biocentrism is classed as the theory of everything and comes from the Greek for 'life centre'.
It is the believe that life and biology are central to reality and that life creates the universe, not the other way round.
This suggests a person's consciousness determines the shape and size of objects in the universe.
Lanza uses the example of the way we perceive the world around us. A person sees a blue sky, and is told that the colour they are seeing is blue, but the cells in a person's brain could be changed to make the sky look green or red.

'Bottom line: What you see could not be present without your consciousness,' explained Lanza. 'Our consciousness makes sense of the world.'
By looking at the universe from a biocentric's point of view, this also means space and time don't behave in the hard and fast ways our consciousness tell us it does. In summary, space and time are 'simply tools of our mind.'
Once this theory about space and time being mental constructs is accepted, it means death and the idea of immortality exist in a world without spatial or linear boundaries.
Similarly, theoretical physicists believe there is infinite number of universes with different variations of people, and situations, taking place simultaneously.

Lanza added that everything which can possibly happen is occurring at some point across these multiverses and this means death can't exist in 'any real sense' either.
Lanza, instead, said that when we die our life becomes a 'perennial flower that returns to bloom in the multiverse.'
He continued: 'Life is an adventure that transcends our ordinary linear way of thinking. When we die, we do so not in the random billiard-ball-matrix but in the inescapable-life-matrix.'
Lanza cited the famous double-slit experiment to backup his claims.
In the experiment, when scientists watch a particle pass through two slits in a barrier, the particle behaves like a bullet and goes through one slit or the other.
Yet if a person doesn't watch the particle, it acts like a wave, This means it can go through both slits at the same time.
This demonstrates that matter and energy can display characteristics of both waves and particles, and that behaviour of the particle changes based on a person's perception and consciousness.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...#ixzz2lpJ40LcO

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Illusion For This Useful Post:
Eaton, peterdragon, Pink., Pyramid_Head, shoelessjojackson, Sterlig, Xfactor
The Following Users Disliked This Post By Illusion:
deanmine
Old 11-27-2013, 05:32 AM
luciddrmr
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1121
female

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss351
Re: Quantum Physics Proves That There IS an Afterlife

Slaughter House Five.. Kurt Vonnegut. My favorite satirical drunk now dead author.

The Following User Says Thank You to luciddrmr For This Useful Post:
peterdragon
Old 11-27-2013, 01:07 PM
FNAL
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:323

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1233 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2376

Well this is far from proving there IS an afterlife, this is merely a philosophical viewpoint on life and using life itself as evidence, which is bullshit/a circular argument. For example: Since god created nature and we can see nature, therefore, god exists.

And his theory on biocentrism relies on perception and creating your own world in your head. I can't see how that follows with reality (which is true for every person). This is identical to a christian man saying there is a heaven and a hell. Although he can't provide any evidence, the only thing he has is faith, the act of mere belief without evidence.

Hardly proof in my book.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to FNAL For This Useful Post:
Blewvane, bob351, Hangman, Kanda444, Kerri, prax22a, vanb
Old 11-27-2013, 03:36 PM
zombie-rot420
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:622
dude

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss903

Are you telling me I can dodge bullets?

-I'm telling you that when you're ready, you won't need to....-

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zombie-rot420 For This Useful Post:
Kerri, Pink., rapeWhistle
The Following Users Disliked This Post By zombie-rot420:
americanpeace
Old 11-27-2013, 03:48 PM
deanmine
They Lied. There ALL LIES
Poster Rank:221
<--We did it. So Can You
Contributions: 48

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 817 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 8/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss3968

the idea that reality only happens when I and I along decide to view it is silly, an idea that reality is created due to our creator is viewing it or us being viewed thru another dimension like string theory, shoot idk... but to say that space-time is true and does happen its been proven thru the atomic clock experiment. To say I was born and died and started to write on this thread just this very second in different spacestime... is ofcourse.. very much a reality

Old 11-27-2013, 07:46 PM
Tantrix
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1099

Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 10/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss359

Well...this guy may very well be the most bat-shit crazy scientist I've ever heard of (and there's a WHOLE lot of them).

Quantum physics, as complicated as it may be...isn't going to tell us shit about what happens after death.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tantrix For This Useful Post:
peterdragon
Old 11-28-2013, 12:22 AM
oldnorseman
Offline:
Poster Rank:660
Male

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss826

Maybe we don't really die, but it will do until the real thing comes along.

The Following User Says Thank You to oldnorseman For This Useful Post:
Kerri
Old 11-28-2013, 07:49 PM
Pink.
Offline:
TROLLBEGONE!!!!!
Poster Rank:8
female

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 9043 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss63927

we all will know eventually.

I had a "near death thing" going on back in October, and I just don't know....My neurons were probably just all firing at once and I hallucinated things.

Woke up on a ventilator.

In all honesty, none of it made any sense.

Kanda444, luciddrmr, Xfactor
Old 11-29-2013, 05:14 PM
Cancun78
Offline:
Poster Rank:610
female
Contributions: 8

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss918

I came across that article last night but couldn't understand it. I've seen a few weird things in my life but a few years after my mother died I've experienced a lot more. Some is just people talking but other people have heard it too. I've also had a lot of really coincidental things happen that makes me wonder if my mom has been around. Like her mother and I was on our way to visit the funeral of a friend's mother. It was being held at the same funeral home that conducted my mother's funeral.

I turned on the radio and turned it to a station that was good and clear. The first song that played was one my mom dedicated to me and my sister, "gotta keep em seperated" by the offspring. The song after that was pink floyd's "wish you were here."

My mother died on Easter. One Easter I was working early in the morning at a gas station. I had opened and was drifting off as I watched some lady pump gas. I realized at that moment what day it was. Right about then the lady walked up and into the store. She plopped down a check and in big bold print was my mother's last legal name. Weird shit. Another easter a mocking bird and a cardinal flew up on the railing as I sat on my back porch no more than 5 feet from me. They never did it before, and haven't done so since.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cancun78 For This Useful Post:
AnnieBee, kellyhound, Kerri, Xfactor
Old 12-01-2013, 01:40 PM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 413

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1759 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
14/20 20/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss61202

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cancun78 View Post
I came across that article last night but couldn't understand it. I've seen a few weird things in my life but a few years after my mother died I've experienced a lot more. Some is just people talking but other people have heard it too. I've also had a lot of really coincidental things happen that makes me wonder if my mom has been around. Like her mother and I was on our way to visit the funeral of a friend's mother. It was being held at the same funeral home that conducted my mother's funeral.

I turned on the radio and turned it to a station that was good and clear. The first song that played was one my mom dedicated to me and my sister, "gotta keep em seperated" by the offspring. The song after that was pink floyd's "wish you were here."

My mother died on Easter. One Easter I was working early in the morning at a gas station. I had opened and was drifting off as I watched some lady pump gas. I realized at that moment what day it was. Right about then the lady walked up and into the store. She plopped down a check and in big bold print was my mother's last legal name. Weird shit. Another easter a mocking bird and a cardinal flew up on the railing as I sat on my back porch no more than 5 feet from me. They never did it before, and haven't done so since.
intrigued by coincidences as like some things just have to happen or/and are just signs helping us to make a decision.
http://coincidences.nawaz.org/archives/