Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567
Re: Putin: Russia Military Modernization to Go Ahead

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
As Vrist mentioned we are partners already. But I'm only looking at it as if a war with Russia seemed very plausible. And I'm also not talking about going steady, just agreements that we won't mess with them, they won't mess with us. And we'll work together to get wealthy. After the war, we could change policy.

I don't know if you've been reading the news, but Russia is building war machines at a rapid pace. Even while their economy is on the brink of collapse.

If you look at the nations that would be involved. North Korea, Iran, Russia, and China, with some other nations allowing them resources. Of those countries the only one that doesn't absolutely hate us is China. So it would make sense to try and deal with them, if war seemed imminent.
I'm not sure that china doesn't hate us. It seems to me that they have been actively attacking us for years now, weather or not our leaders and media wants to acknowledge it.
There's just so many angles to it........ Stealing our military secrets, industrial espionage, economic sabotage, then there's the whole issues around North Korea and supporting their regime...... The day is fast approaching when China is going to start demanding whatever it is that they want. They are on pace to match with you militarily within our generation.
I'm fearful of when that happens, because at their root they are an evil totalitarian communist regime, who's human rights record is as bad as any in the last 100 years.

I dunno, but IMHO I see china as the biggest threat to our generation. They're going about it quietly right now, but the day will come when this changes....

Old 12-21-2014, 03:15 PM
ralucagymnast
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:289

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1032 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2812

I dont know whether im just very optimistic but I really dont see us ever going to war with Russia et al. It would likely be a nuclear war, with all the dreadful consequences that would entail. Any wars of the future will, I feel, be economic, not military. Comments?

The Following User Says Thank You to ralucagymnast For This Useful Post:
winvens
Old 12-21-2014, 03:31 PM
winvens
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:125
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Quoted: 4341 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8054

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralucagymnast View Post
I dont know whether im just very optimistic but I really dont see us ever going to war with Russia et al. It would likely be a nuclear war, with all the dreadful consequences that would entail. Any wars of the future will, I feel, be economic, not military. Comments?
That's exactly what I believe will happen if we re-enter The Cold War (if we ever really left it). With Putin at the helm it's possible, even though they're poor as hell now. China, India, Iran, Israel, Pakistan, N. Korea, the States and whoever else would all join in Mutual Assured Destruction. Nuclear weapons never expire.

I've seen Threads.

Old 12-21-2014, 03:49 PM
ralucagymnast
Offline:

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2812

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anom Alley View Post
That's exactly what I believe will happen if we re-enter The Cold War (if we ever really left it). With Putin at the helm it's possible, even though they're poor as hell now. China, India, Iran, Israel, Pakistan, N. Korea, the States and whoever else would all join in Mutual Assured Destruction. Nuclear weapons never expire.

I've seen Threads.
True; and yes Ive also seen Threads I just find it hard to believe that with the full knowledge that they will lose everything (Putin has two daughters) that anyone would start a nuclear war? Nobody would be that crazy, even Putin; he loves his billionaire lifestyle too much

winvens
Old 12-21-2014, 03:52 PM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4583 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss11728

Quote:
Russia and America are a total different mindset of people. Puttin could convince all of Moscow they will die with glory for mother russia, they'd run out into the streets and welcome the bombs, with vodka in one hand, catchers mit in the other.

In the US, we would go full anarchy on our government if they provoke detroit getting bombed.

winvens
Old 12-21-2014, 04:01 PM
ralucagymnast
Offline:

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2812

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post
Russia and America are a total different mindset of people. Puttin could convince all of Moscow they will die with glory for mother russia, they'd run out into the streets and welcome the bombs, with vodka in one hand, catchers mit in the other.

In the US, we would go full anarchy on our government if they provoke detroit getting bombed.
Do you think modern Russians still have that "we would die for Mother Russia" mindset? Even after seeing the "sinful West" lol?
Having said that, if you think about it, Russia is basically St Petersburg and Moscow and thats it; if you venture even 100 metres away from the "modern" parts of those cities, its like stepping into a time warp. Poverty is literally on the doorstep.

winvens
Old 12-21-2014, 04:08 PM
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6777 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
7/11 ssss13683

Quote:
Do you think modern Russians still have that "we would die for Mother Russia" mindset? Even after seeing the "sinful West" lol?
Having said that, if you think about it, Russia is basically St Petersburg and Moscow and thats it; if you venture even 100 metres away from the "modern" parts of those cities, its like stepping into a time warp. Poverty is literally on the doorstep.
Russia wouldn't attack America directly. They'd more than likely just start doing provocative things, daring America to react. And threaten if we do react, it will be a nuclear war. So they would make America choose, allow Russia to do whatever it wants, or have nuclear war.

Old 12-21-2014, 04:18 PM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4583 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss11728

Quote:
Yea, they still crazy like that. Russia continued to condition their people for war, decades after the US stopped. Those poor rural residence would love to goto war. Moscow, and the mindset, are just a cash cow state.

winvens
Old 12-21-2014, 04:29 PM
ralucagymnast
Offline:

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2812

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
Russia wouldn't attack America directly. They'd more than likely just start doing provocative things, daring America to react. And threaten if we do react, it will be a nuclear war. So they would make America choose, allow Russia to do whatever it wants, or have nuclear war.
What do you think America would do, given that choice?