Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quoted: 1785 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12899
President Obama Signed into Law...

A new law that limits free speech. The secret service can now arrest u if u protest against political campaigns , rallys, speak out or protest at their discretion. A felony to vocally express your opinion or picket against the president or other political personnel. There is a video on Facebook right now from CNN regarding this new law. Can't share on my phone but u need to see it. One more of our rights has just been shot down & we didn't even get to vote. What is REALLY going on America??

The Following User Says Thank You to Darkest Angel For This Useful Post:
gatagato
The Following Users Disliked This Post By Darkest Angel:
Insideoutbodies
Old 10-18-2013, 01:44 AM
Darkest Angel
Offline:
Born in the USA
Poster Rank:74
100% female
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quoted: 1785 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12899
Re: President Obama Signed into Law...

Even if this does not affect us personally, or even if it does, we must ask ourselves WHAT'S NEXT?

Old 10-18-2013, 04:04 AM
hal0mega
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:404

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1769

Im concerned too, living in the chinese/american lapdog. Australia. Another law down, maybe more rights to go?

The Following User Says Thank You to hal0mega For This Useful Post:
gatagato
Old 10-18-2013, 04:26 AM
pbaj12
Offline:
Captain of a Sinking Ship
Poster Rank:887
Contributions: 14

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss523

I was just wondering if anyone knows if this is part of that freedom thing we were promised?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pbaj12 For This Useful Post:
audiomouth, gatagato, Sharon
Old 10-18-2013, 07:53 AM
rapeWhistle
Offline:
Hand of the King
Poster Rank:15
Standing by...
Contributions: 53

Mentioned: 480 Post(s)
Quoted: 21618 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
17/20 13/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss40875

The past two administrations have wiped their asses with the Constitution.

We're no longer allowed to peacefully assemble, we no longer have any reasonable expectation of privacy, and before long... we won't even be able to own firearms or have the means to overthrow the corrupt, Two-Party, Cartel Government which has taken hold of our Republic.

i'm not sure i'd have the patience to deal with an aging pig.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rapeWhistle For This Useful Post:
Arkoquisa, dirty ike, gatagato, Hangman, invertigo, pbaj12, PlaystFreak, Zambini
Old 10-18-2013, 02:57 PM
JayceeBugg
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3397
I have boobies:)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss62

Please site your sources. I wanna read more on the subject

The Following User Says Thank You to JayceeBugg For This Useful Post:
fenek
Old 10-18-2013, 03:09 PM
Kanda444
You holdin....?
Poster Rank:11
Contributions: 23

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Quoted: 20137 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 13/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss49383

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayceeBugg View Post
Please site your sources. I wanna read more on the subject
she's referring to H.R. 347 (112th): Federal Restricted Buildings and Grounds Improvement Act of 2011

Quote:
H.R.347

One Hundred Twelfth Congress

of the

United States of America

AT THE SECOND SESSION

Begun and held at the City of Washington on Tuesday,

the third day of January, two thousand and twelve

An Act

To correct and simplify the drafting of section 1752 (relating to restricted buildings or grounds) of title 18, United States Code.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the ‘Federal Restricted Buildings and Grounds Improvement Act of 2011’.

SEC. 2. RESTRICTED BUILDING OR GROUNDS.

Section 1752 of title 18, United States Code, is amended to read as follows:

-‘Sec. 1752. Restricted building or grounds

‘(a) Whoever--

‘(1) knowingly enters or remains in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority to do so;

‘(2) knowingly, and with intent to impede or disrupt the orderly conduct of Government business or official functions, engages in disorderly or disruptive conduct in, or within such proximity to, any restricted building or grounds when, or so that, such conduct, in fact, impedes or disrupts the orderly conduct of Government business or official functions;

‘(3) knowingly, and with the intent to impede or disrupt the orderly conduct of Government business or official functions, obstructs or impedes ingress or egress to or from any restricted building or grounds; or

‘(4) knowingly engages in any act of physical violence against any person or property in any restricted building or grounds;

or attempts or conspires to do so, shall be punished as provided in subsection (b).

‘(b) The punishment for a violation of subsection (a) is--

‘(1) a fine under this title or imprisonment for not more than 10 years, or both, if--

‘(A) the person, during and in relation to the offense, uses or carries a deadly or dangerous weapon or firearm; or

‘(B) the offense results in significant bodily injury as defined by section 2118(e)(3); and

‘(2) a fine under this title or imprisonment for not more than one year, or both, in any other case.

‘(c) In this section--

‘(1) the term ‘restricted buildings or grounds’ means any posted, cordoned off, or otherwise restricted area--

‘(A) of the White House or its grounds, or the Vice President’s official residence or its grounds;

‘(B) of a building or grounds where the President or other person protected by the Secret Service is or will be temporarily visiting; or

‘(C) of a building or grounds so restricted in conjunction with an event designated as a special event of national significance; and

‘(2) the term ‘other person protected by the Secret Service’ means any person whom the United States Secret Service is authorized to protect under section 3056 of this title or by Presidential memorandum, when such person has not declined such protection.’.

Speaker of the House of Representatives.

Vice President of the United States and

President of the Senate.
i dont think it's nearly what people are making it out to be. it's not banning protesting....and you cant be arrested just for protesting or just because the secret service decides you can. it's actually an update to a law that has been around for 40 years or so.

Quote:
18 USC § 1752 - Restricted building or grounds

(a) Whoever—
(1) knowingly enters or remains in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority to do so;
(2) knowingly, and with intent to impede or disrupt the orderly conduct of Government business or official functions, engages in disorderly or disruptive conduct in, or within such proximity to, any restricted building or grounds when, or so that, such conduct, in fact, impedes or disrupts the orderly conduct of Government business or official functions;
(3) knowingly, and with the intent to impede or disrupt the orderly conduct of Government business or official functions, obstructs or impedes ingress or egress to or from any restricted building or grounds; or
(4) knowingly engages in any act of physical violence against any person or property in any restricted building or grounds;
or attempts or conspires to do so, shall be punished as provided in subsection (b).
(b) The punishment for a violation of subsection (a) is—
(1) a fine under this title or imprisonment for not more than 10 years, or both, if—
(A) the person, during and in relation to the offense, uses or carries a deadly or dangerous weapon or firearm; or
(B) the offense results in significant bodily injury as defined by section 2118 (e)(3); and
(2) a fine under this title or imprisonment for not more than one year, or both, in any other case.
(c) In this section—
(1) the term “restricted buildings or grounds” means any posted, cordoned off, or otherwise restricted area—
(A) of the White House or its grounds, or the Vice President’s official residence or its grounds;
(B) of a building or grounds where the President or other person protected by the Secret Service is or will be temporarily visiting; or
(C) of a building or grounds so restricted in conjunction with an event designated as a special event of national significance; and
(2) the term “other person protected by the Secret Service” means any person whom the United States Secret Service is authorized to protect under section 3056 of this title or by Presidential memorandum, when such person has not declined such protection.
source

bob351, ExotiKka, fenek, Hangman, mpcronin, peema, rapeWhistle, Sharon
Old 10-18-2013, 03:24 PM
Gaydolf Shitler
Offline:
DETECTIVE JOHN KIMBAL!
Poster Rank:143
cocksack

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 622 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 13/20
Today Posts
2/11 sssss6914

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanda444 View Post
she's referring to H.R. 347 (112th): Federal Restricted Buildings and Grounds Improvement Act of 2011

i dont think it's nearly what people are making it out to be. it's not banning protesting....and you cant be arrested just for protesting or just because the secret service decides you can. it's actually an update to a law that has been around for 40 years or so.

source

I want to thank your post but I wont because fuck that

goatboy666, Kanda444
Old 10-18-2013, 03:31 PM
Broadjumper
Offline:
My Rank: SECOND LIEUTENANT
Poster Rank:188
Male

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1181 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss5092

Kanda,

H.R. 347 passed through Congress more than a year ago, you sure this is what she's talkin about? If it is, I think the rhetoric about limiting speech or protest is bunk...I know that every time a law is passed, someone is gonna take it as a restriction on some freedom, but I don't see this as being a real impediment to protest, there have been plenty of 'em in D.C. this year...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Broadjumper For This Useful Post:
JayceeBugg, Kanda444
Old 10-18-2013, 04:19 PM
Kanda444
You holdin....?
Poster Rank:11
Contributions: 23

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Quoted: 20137 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 13/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss49383

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadjumper View Post
Kanda,

H.R. 347 passed through Congress more than a year ago, you sure this is what she's talkin about? If it is, I think the rhetoric about limiting speech or protest is bunk...I know that every time a law is passed, someone is gonna take it as a restriction on some freedom, but I don't see this as being a real impediment to protest, there have been plenty of 'em in D.C. this year...
i believe it is but i might be wrong....if i am, hopefully the OP will correct me