Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913
Pregnant Nurse Fired for Refusing Flu Shot

http://www.wafb.com/story/24327417/p...using-flu-shot

HARRISBURG, PA (WHP/CNN) - A Pennsylvania nurse said she was fired from her job for refusing to get a flu shot.

Dreonna Breton said she refused to get the shot over fears it could cause a miscarriage.

The 29-year-old mother of one said she submitted letters from her doctors supporting her decision.

But she said Horizons Healthcare Services in Lancaster threatened her with termination if she didn't get the shot.

Breton cites limited studies on the impact of flu vaccines on pregnant women.

"There are risks of getting the flu during pregnancy. I know that as well. I did my research on that as well; but the unknowns of the flu vaccine were more risky for me it was more overwhelming for me to put my body through that and potentially harm my child than the risks of the flu, so that's the decision that we made as a family and felt very comfortable with," she said.

Breton said she has no plan to sue the hospital, she only wants them to change their policy on vaccines for pregnant employees.

A hospital spokesperson said it's unconscionable for a health care worker not to get an immunization and that pregnant women are more susceptible to the flu.

The Centers of Disease Control and Prevention advises that all health care professionals get vaccinated annually.

The CDC website states that getting a flu shot while pregnant is the best protection for pregnant women and their babies.

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
nurse1.jpg  

The Following User Says Thank You to Megamel29 For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001
Old 01-03-2014, 10:51 AM
Gaydolf Shitler
Offline:
DETECTIVE JOHN KIMBAL!
Poster Rank:143
cocksack

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 622 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss6914
Re: Pregnant Nurse Fired for Refusing Flu Shot

fuck that broad, she could get everyone at work sick and wouldnt give a fuck "weeee! my baby still alive. YOU ALL HAVE TO CARE ABOUT MY BABY!!!"

Old 01-03-2014, 10:27 PM
dean mclean
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:351
male
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2115
Re: Pregnant Nurse Fired for Refusing Flu Shot

I would guess she was made aware that immunizations against common diseases were necessary when working in a hospital? Either she didn't read the fine print in her contract or the hospital is guilty of not making clear certain specifications of the job, and I think that would be the biggest issue in whether her firing was legal or not.
Regardless, the best thing for everyone would have been for the hospital to move her to a position where she's not in contact with patients until she has the baby.