it's free if you boof it

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 1829 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3821
Possible Terror Attack in New York City

Concerns are that this latest attack on police officers in New York is terror related.

Quote:

A New York City police officer is in critical condition after a man with a hatchet attacked four officers on the street in Queens, New York on Thursday, officials said. Two officers opened fire on the man, killing him and accidentally striking a nearby woman, who was treated for non-life threatening injuries.

Police Commissioner William Bratton said it was unclear what provoked the attack, NBC New York reports, but law enforcement agencies nationwide have been on high alert following fatal terrorism-linked attacks on uniformed soldiers in Canada on Wednesday and another on Monday.

The incident began around 2 p.m. when the officers were asked by a freelance photographer to pose for a photo. A hatchet-wielding man then charged at the group from behind – “unprovoked and not speaking a word,” according to Bratton – striking one officer in the arm and another officer in the head. Two officers then opened fire, killing the attacker.

The man is captured on video pulling the 12-inch hatchet from a black backpack, police say.

While Bratton said authorities were working to identify the assailant, police sources told NBC News that the attacker had been tentatively identified as Zale Thompson, a 32-year-old man with a Facebook page containing images of what appears to be a Muslim warrior and prayers. However, authorities have found no links to extremist literature or jihadi groups at this time.

NBC has not independently verified the alleged suspect’s Facebook page or personal information, which lists him as having attended Teachers College at Columbia University.

“This matter has not officially been deemed an act of terrorism as the initial investigation is still ongoing and details are being developed,” the FBI said in a statement Thursday evening, NBC New York reports. But the agency said the incident highlighted the need for “increased vigilance” by law enforcement and the government.

All four officers were recent Police Academy graduates assigned to the 103rd Precinct in Jamaica, Queens. The officer who was struck in the head is in surgery and in critical condition, police say. The officer who was struck in the arm is expected to be released from the hospital Thursday night.

Officer’s with the NYPD Intelligence Division have been dispatched to the suspect’s home in Queens to search his computer hard drive for clues to a motive.

Original Source

Something went wrong, try refreshing the page...

Picture and Video Clip Stats.
File Type: mp4 nypd.mp4(4.05 MB, 62 views)
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to GODISNOTGREAT For This Useful Post:
bdjackass318, BoBar, K9Grip, Kelseecat65, Mr Poo, Oswald2001, Pyramid_Head, rapeWhistle, winvens
Old 10-23-2014, 09:18 PM
Mr Poo
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:122

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173
Re: Possible Terror Attack in New York City

If this was terrorist related, ISIS is gonna regret calling out Muslims to do these attacks once we annihilate them..

The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Poo For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001
Old 10-23-2014, 09:46 PM
30564U
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:298
Comrade

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2668

This warning went out last week for law enforcement only. It should have been told to everyone. Oh well...I guess it has.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 30564U For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001, teacherof2
Old 10-23-2014, 09:53 PM
Metal Mike
Offline:
Poster Rank:60
The Untrollable

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 9256 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15388

How the hell is it that the dude can be captured on video and then shot dead on the scene by four police officers and still only be known as the "alledged" suspect for purposes of the above report?

Also, did they happen to detain the guy who asked them to pose for the picture? Because I'd bet money that the timing of the attack relative to the photographer's request was anything but a simple coincidence.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Metal Mike For This Useful Post:
30564U, bdjackass318, Kelseecat65, rapeWhistle, winvens
Old 10-23-2014, 10:11 PM
30564U
Offline:
Comrade

Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2668

You know how stupid the media is...ever notice how they always give the bad guy in any story job or career? You know like this, "Ralph Jones, an unemployed sanitation engineer, allegedly killed four people today with a spoon and dinner fork..." or "Leroy Washington, a former brain surgeon, allegedly killed his entire family with a chainsaw and a butter knife today..." the boobs in the media always give them a career and the benefit of the doubt. I have even asked several media boobs in Southern California why they do that...thinking the answer would be legal in nature, but it wasn't...it's just something they do. Dumbshits!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 30564U For This Useful Post:
Kelseecat65, Oswald2001, teacherof2
Old 10-23-2014, 10:21 PM
rapeWhistle
Offline:
Hand of the King
Poster Rank:15
Standing by...
Contributions: 53

Mentioned: 481 Post(s)
Quoted: 21633 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
16/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss40896

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30564U View Post
You know how stupid the media is...ever notice how they always give the bad guy in any story job or career? You know like this, "Ralph Jones, an unemployed sanitation engineer, allegedly killed four people today with a spoon and dinner fork..." or "Leroy Washington, a former brain surgeon, allegedly killed his entire family with a chainsaw and a butter knife today..." the boobs in the media always give them a career and the benefit of the doubt. I have even asked several media boobs in Southern California why they do that...thinking the answer would be legal in nature, but it wasn't...it's just something they do. Dumbshits!
I'm still waiting for the media to tell us what college Michael Brown was 'thinking about attending'.

#ferguson

i'm not sure i'd have the patience to deal with an aging pig.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to rapeWhistle For This Useful Post:
30564U, bdjackass318, BryanXavier, Illusion, Kelseecat65, Metal Mike, Mr Poo, Oswald2001, teacherof2
Old 10-23-2014, 10:49 PM
Mr Poo
Offline:

Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

Quote:
This warning went out last week for law enforcement only. It should have been told to everyone. Oh well...I guess it has.
Why does law enforcement keep that info from the public? All they would need is one news conference..

The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Poo For This Useful Post:
30564U
Old 10-23-2014, 10:50 PM
Mr Poo
Offline:

Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapeWhistle View Post
I'm still waiting for the media to tell us what college Michael Brown was 'thinking about attending'.

#ferguson
An all black one..

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mr Poo For This Useful Post:
30564U, Oswald2001, rapeWhistle
Old 10-23-2014, 11:27 PM
30564U
Offline:
Comrade

Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2668

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Poo View Post
Why does law enforcement keep that info from the public? All they would need is once news conference..
Well it's hard to say with this one. Most everything is sent out from the Feds is marked "Law Enforcement Sensitive" or "Law Enforcement Restricted" and it's usually just because they don't want the bad guys to know what we know and change tactics or operations. This one might be because they didn't want the bad guys to know how the information was obtained. I know for a fact that there's more to this bulletin than has been released so far...a lot more. The whole terrorism thing has changed what information local law enforcement gets. You have to balance the need to know what's going on by local police with the risk of letting actionable information get out and accidentally get back to the terrorists. Hard to say on this one.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 30564U For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001, teacherof2, winvens
Old 10-23-2014, 11:30 PM
Mr Poo
Offline:

Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

Quote:
Well it's hard to say with this one. Most everything is sent out from the Feds is marked "Law Enforcement Sensitive" or "Law Enforcement Restricted" and it's usually just because they don't want the bad guys to know what we know and change tactics or operations. This one might be because they didn't want the bad guys to know how the information was obtained. I know for a fact that there's more to this bulletin than has been released so far...a lot more. The whole terrorism thing has changed what information local law enforcement gets. You have to balance the need to know what's going on by local police with the risk of letting actionable information get out and accidentally get back to the terrorists. Hard to say on this one.
Why not just arrest all suspects that have evidence against them? It's not like they're entitled to due process since the patriot act..