Poster Rank:600

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss948
Poppy Box Thief

TORONTO - Bob Hackett calls the man who stole a Canadian Legion poppy box belonging to his legion branch “scum.”

The president of Branch 3 didn’t mince words Wednesday about what he’d say to the Poppy Bandit who stole the box from the Pizza Nova shop around 11:45 p.m. Monday at The Queensway at Royal York Rd.

“When you steal from the Poppy Fund, as far as I’m concerned, you’re the lowest scum there is,” Hackett, president of the Eighth St. branch.

The bandit was caught by a surveillance camera as he grabbed the box belonging to the branch sitting on the front counter of the pizza shop.

He fled with an unknown amount of money, but it couldn’t have been much,Toronto Police said.

A trail of red poppies as they fluttered out of the box and then littered The Queensway as the bandit fled, Hackett said.

He said the box has since been replaced at the pizza shop.

“It’s bad,” said the former Princess Patricia Canadian Light Infantry First Battalion paratrooper who served between 1954 and 1958 with the occupation troops in Europe. “It’s a pretty bad state of mind that you’re in when you have to steal the Poppy Fund.”

Hackett said he’d like to see pictures the thief’s face “stapled all over the place” in a bid to capture him.

“It’s quite low,” Det. Barbara Kohl of 22 Division agreed Wednesday.

Kohl said it appears the man spotted a moment of opportunity when he thought no one was looking to take the Royal Canadian Legion Poppy Fund box. But the unblinking surveillance camera captured the bandit grabbing the box.

Hackett said the Poppy Campaign raises funds for veterans and their families and helps cover living expenses at a number of places, including Sunnybrook’s K Wing and the Tony Stacey Centre nursing home.

“People who steal poppy boxes of this kind don’t only steal from the veterans, they’re stealing from the public also,” Hackett said. “I think it’s pretty bad when you stoop that low.”

He said while it doesn’t happen often, poppy boxes are stolen. Indeed, other boxes belonging to Branch 3 have been stolen in the past.

“It’s disappointing,” Hackett said.

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
scumbag.jpg  

Old 11-03-2011, 02:04 PM
Mr.Goodbar
Offline:
My Rank: GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:472
**Corpsegrinding 4 profit**

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1355
Re: Poppy Box Thief

Why is there a poppy fund? The govt should pay for it

Old 11-03-2011, 02:46 PM
BigFoot
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:657

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss834

Pardon me for being ignorant, but wtf is a Poppy Fund?

Old 11-03-2011, 03:16 PM
TheCapn
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:856
Male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss545

Its a charity for war vets. Originally started for world war 1 survivors because of the poppy fields all around The Somme.
It then continued with world war 2 and still raises a lot of money for the vets returning from the current conflicts.

In 2010 it raised around 35 million pounds (Or 55 million dollars for our Murkan Friends)...so it is pretty successful.

Also the government does pay a lot for vets, but the Poppy Fund is the main charity available for the public. Around this time of year you will see a lot of people on British Television wearing little red poppys to show their support.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheCapn For This Useful Post:
Faline, Viking64
Old 11-03-2011, 03:43 PM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 413

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1760 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 20/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss61206

they steal anything these days.

Old 11-03-2011, 04:28 PM
Faline
Offline:
♥ Moderator ♥
Poster Rank:2
Gore Goddess
Contributions: 226

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1894 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93392

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCapn View Post
Its a charity for war vets. Originally started for world war 1 survivors because of the poppy fields all around The Somme.
It then continued with world war 2 and still raises a lot of money for the vets returning from the current conflicts.

In 2010 it raised around 35 million pounds (Or 55 million dollars for our Murkan Friends)...so it is pretty successful.

Also the government does pay a lot for vets, but the Poppy Fund is the main charity available for the public. Around this time of year you will see a lot of people on British Television wearing little red poppys to show their support.
I always get one as a mark of respect

Old 11-03-2011, 04:35 PM
Viking64
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:5
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 290 Post(s)
Quoted: 24600 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss70998

I think it is similar to Veteran's Day here in America. I read on FB that there are foreigners that are protesting the sale of poppies in Scotland. All I can say to them is: "Iffin' ya nowt be likin' it, get the fook ooooot!!!!!"

Old 11-03-2011, 04:37 PM
Faline
Offline:
♥ Moderator ♥
Poster Rank:2
Gore Goddess
Contributions: 226

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1894 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking64 View Post
I think it is similar to Veteran's Day here in America. I read on FB that there are foreigners that are protesting the sale of poppies in Scotland. All I can say to them is: "Iffin' ya nowt be likin' it, get the fook ooooot!!!!!"
They tried to stop staff wearing them in poundland, kinda like your dollar store:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ook-storm.html

Old 11-03-2011, 04:47 PM
sherrimccharles
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:600

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss948

Ya, they (immigrants) keep trying to change things when they move here ie. morning prayer and national anthem singing at public schools. And then they want to wear all of their celebetory shite when they get jobs here ie policemen wearing friggin turbans and daggers. I can understand why you guys might think that this isnt really a big deal but well, shit like this is happening more often and Im just really really really pissed off

Old 11-03-2011, 05:54 PM
Viking64
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:5
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 290 Post(s)
Quoted: 24600 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss70998

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
They tried to stop staff wearing them in poundland, kinda like your dollar store:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ook-storm.html
Poundland should be selling them!!!!