Poster Rank:298
Comrade

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2668
Re: Policeman Tries to Arrest Law Student.

I'm thinking that the lawyer needed to get his ass kicked.

Old 07-24-2014, 12:20 AM
Mr Poo
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:122

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

It was a battle of douche vs douche..

The douche won.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr Poo For This Useful Post:
30564U, chris
Old 07-24-2014, 10:05 AM
Eat Shit And Die
Offline:
★ A Son Of A Bitch ★
Poster Rank:458
Male
Contributions: 36

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 398 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 5/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1412

The fact is that the cyclist knew his rights and the policeman didn't know what he was enforcing.

Knowledge is power

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eat Shit And Die For This Useful Post:
chris, hal0mega, Pigeon
Old 07-24-2014, 12:11 PM
30564U
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:298
Comrade

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2668

In most countries the job of a police officer is considered to be a "blue collar" job. It has only been in the past twenty to thiry years that police in the US and Canada have commonly been college educated and that most police management commonly have graduate or post graduate degrees. In the US and Canada police have become more "white collar" and an actual skilled profession. This pompous lawyer didn't really do anything extraordinary in showing his ass to this typical "blue collar" Bobby. The lawyer is obviously better educated than the officer and flaunts his superior intellect at every opportunity. Every police officer isn't an expert on every obscure law/ordinance that he is entrusted to enforce...nor does he/she need to be. Officers are generalists and rarely understand the intracate legal theory behind various laws. This asshole has obviously studied bicycle laws for whatever reason and acts as if he has pre planed this little confrontation, knowing that he would be triumphant in the battle...what an ass. When you've bested a fool, you've accomplished nothing. Gee...who could've ever foreseen that a lawyer is better informed of the law and more articulate than your average police officer? Clearly the officer should have known the law better, but so what? It's not like the lawyer was arrested for murder...it was a bicycle infraction that he appeared to have provoked. The guy's a dickhead.

Old 07-24-2014, 12:20 PM
icheerthebull
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:290
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2802

that was harsh rant Im able to edit out. gone with the wind

America is just the country that shows how all the written guarantees in the world for freedom are no protection against tyranny and oppression of the worst kind. There the politician has come to be looked upon as the very scum of society - Peter Kropotkin
The Following Users Disliked This Post By icheerthebull:
30564U
Old 07-24-2014, 05:29 PM
Eat Shit And Die
Offline:
★ A Son Of A Bitch ★
Male

Activity Longevity
0/20 5/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1412

I don't dislike the police at all in a general sense, but I do dislike the fact that this police officer was trying to throw around fines and trying to force this civilian to do things he wasn't legally bound to do knowing that 95% of civys would not know these things and would just take the officers word.

I think the copper in this video is a twat, the guy is a twat too but he knows his rights and is entitled to use them

Old 07-24-2014, 06:37 PM
icheerthebull
Offline:
Poster Rank:290
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2802

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat Shit And Die View Post
I don't dislike the police at all in a general sense, but I do dislike the fact that this police officer was trying to throw around fines and trying to force this civilian to do things he wasn't legally bound to do knowing that 95% of civys would not know these things and would just take the officers word.

I think the copper in this video is a twat, the guy is a twat too but he knows his rights and is entitled to use them
He was legally bound thats the problem. Im not a fan of the police at all but the problem with this vid is he DID have a right to stop him (IF he was a copper). In the UK a cyclists crossing a red light is legally the same as crossing a red light in a car. Its just not enforced. Every now and then people get a fine for riding on the pavement or jumping a red light.

DESPITE the risk that some of them continue to pose to everyone else this campaign of stopping cyclists is based of their conserns.

A lot of cyclist have been killed in the last few years in london. I had a few weeks at work where 5 were killed. They have protested, spoke of awarness and drawn attention to their plight and I mean attention. The free london papers covered it a lot more then they have global issues.

Again a car jumping a light is covered under the same laws as a bike doing it.

The only explanation is he wasnt a 'real' police officer. London has 'community officers'. They dress like the police, have links with the police, have the same radio channel but they only have the legal powers of a civillian. They can do on the spot fines and such but the have no extra legal powers with regard to force.

Lets say you are walking down the road with a joint in your hand or a can of beer in a certain area, two police officers call out to stop so you do. They get close and they are 'community officers' they can ask whatever questions they want but you are under no legal obigation to give them any info and they have no legal right to restrain you from walking away or hold you in any way. They look similar to the real police so people take fines from them (justified fines legaly) but if you run away all they can do is call the 'real' police and follow. This guy was maybe one of those.

This lawyer guy is a cunt, he is not threat to the hood of a truck, but that hood is a threat to him. He was stopped not because it was illegal, as I said on the roads cars are the same as bikes by law but its not enforced, he was stopped because now they are looking out for cyclists saftey.

Again im not the biggest fan of state forces but I found no glory in that on behalf of the cyclist. That entire thing was pathetic

America is just the country that shows how all the written guarantees in the world for freedom are no protection against tyranny and oppression of the worst kind. There the politician has come to be looked upon as the very scum of society - Peter Kropotkin
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to icheerthebull For This Useful Post:
30564U, fenek
Old 07-24-2014, 06:56 PM
Eat Shit And Die
Offline:
★ A Son Of A Bitch ★
Male

Activity Longevity
0/20 5/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1412

The guy didn't despite the fact that he earned the fine, the problem was that the policeman was not using law in the correct manner and was exposed on his lack of understanding his own protocol.

He said he would not be accepting the paperwork something he is entitled to say, he didn't say he wouldn't accept the fine.

Then the cop tried to trick him into taking it when threatening him for not accepting the paper work something he's not obliged to do.

I think the fact the policeman didn't follow him when he absconded speaks volumes.

The Following User Says Thank You to Eat Shit And Die For This Useful Post:
hal0mega
Old 07-24-2014, 06:57 PM
Eat Shit And Die
Offline:
★ A Son Of A Bitch ★
Male

Activity Longevity
0/20 5/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1412

Dispute*

Old 07-25-2014, 12:15 AM
hal0mega
Offline:
Poster Rank:404

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1769

< PRetty much all of what "Eat shit and Die" said.

The Following User Says Thank You to hal0mega For This Useful Post:
Eat Shit And Die