Poster Rank:34

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss22942
Re: Police State 2011: 6-year-old Girl Groped then Drug Tested by TSA

i lived in asia and travelled between there n europe every year from 1989 to 2001. no one ever complained about pat downs then. just part of travelling.

The Following User Says Thank You to güttsfükk For This Useful Post:
slash4321
Old 02-14-2012, 06:12 PM
slash4321
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1446
Male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss244

I don't care if I get searched; got nothing to hide. I'd rather people be thoroughly searched, minimising the propensity for someone to bring some sort of explosives on the plane. And I don't even think the age of the person being searched is a problem; there are unscrupulous people who would hide stuff on kids.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a fail safe way of preventing terrorism, but it's more proactive than not searching; what better alternatives are there?

Old 02-14-2012, 06:18 PM
kanda444

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 0/20
Today Posts
sssssssss

i wonder how many children have been found with contraband on their person... and is it enough to justify the searchs? and dont give me that "isn't one enough?" bullshit, because you wouldnt say the same about drunk driving and all the other problems facing society. if you're scared of being blown up in a terrorist attack, maybe flying and traveling isn't for you? i understand that the threat is far more real for those who live in a different part of the world than i do, but i don't see a ton of terror activity warranting the full body search of my children when i travel from Spokane to Portland.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, Creepy
Old 02-14-2012, 06:23 PM
slash4321
Offline:
Poster Rank:1446
Male

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss244

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanda444 View Post
i wonder how many children have been found with contraband on their person... and is it enough to justify the searchs? and dont give me that "isn't one enough?" bullshit, because you wouldnt say the same about drunk driving and all the other problems facing society. if you're scared of being blown up in a terrorist attack, maybe flying and traveling isn't for you? i understand that the threat is far more real for those who live in a different part of the world than i do, but i don't see a ton of terror activity warranting the full body search of my children when i travel from Spokane to Portland.
What would you suggest as an alternative to searching people then?

And the inference i'm drawing from your argument is, if people get blown up in a terrorist attack; tough luck, they shouldn't have flown? Or am I totally missing your point

Old 02-14-2012, 06:43 PM
kanda444

Activity Longevity
0/20 0/20
Today Posts
sssssssss

Quote:
Originally Posted by slash4321 View Post
What would you suggest as an alternative to searching people then?

And the inference i'm drawing from your argument is, if people get blown up in a terrorist attack; tough luck, they shouldn't have flown? Or am I totally missing your point
nope, i'm saying that if society was as scared of dying in a drunk driving/drug related auto accident (which is far more likely then a airline terrorist attack in the us), then it would be just as reasonable to stop every car before it enters a freeway and search the entire vehicle and occupants for contranband as it is to pat down children and make them go through full body scanners (which some in the mdical community say is not good for children). I'm saying that if one is that paranoid about flying, then maybe they should avoid flying but i feel if they choose to fly, they should be reasonable with their requests for what other should be subjected to just so they can feel sucure . i, personally, was fine with the security pior to 911 and would've been fine if it had stayed the same. why? because i don't have a fear of dying in a terrorist attack. i felt as safe flying as i did driving or going in to public, all of which subject you to people of questionable mental stability.

i, personally, do have an issue with having my children subjected to unhealthy conditions due to other's fear, so i chose to avoid the situation and let others live in their fear. i also wouldn't let my kid go through that pat down to do anything else i would normally do, so why would i deviate from my morals just to feel more secure doing something that isn't mandatory (i can live without flying) and that isn't any more dangerous than the alternative. convenience isn't worth that to me.

I'm just curious as to what reasoning, fact based ofcourse, there is for being that scared to fly. that's all.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
candymosh
Old 02-14-2012, 07:54 PM
BigFoot
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:657

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss834

I believe the drug test the mother is referring to is actually in reference to the pat down they just did on the little girl. I didn't seen any inappropriate touching or "groping" and I think the lady doing it did a good job of narrating to the mother and the little girl exactly what she was doing each step of the way.

Ignore the headline of the article and watch the video, you'll develop your own opinion.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BigFoot For This Useful Post:
AdralineKali, candymosh, slash4321
Old 02-15-2012, 03:01 AM
GanjaLoco
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:111
<3 My Girl

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8923

I don't see the problem here.. Who cares about a pat down before boarding a plane? I'd rather if a terrorist was on the plane to not have any weapons at all. I wish a mother fucker would try to hijack that bitch with me on it and no weapon.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GanjaLoco For This Useful Post:
Pig_fucker, slash4321
Old 02-15-2012, 07:17 AM
ro-man
Offline:
Poster Rank:2202
male

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss128

this is where racial profiling comes in do you really think she is going to blow up a plane. Im sure they left someone from a terrorist nation in with no test or special screening. This political correctness makes me foam at the mouth. We have to suffer because people are to weak to stand up and point out what the real threat is. Also they are going to begin using thoes military drone to monitor american citizens

The Following User Says Thank You to ro-man For This Useful Post:
Pig_fucker
Old 02-15-2012, 10:37 AM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 413

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1760 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 20/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss61217

at the same time Drug Smuggler Breach Border Fence 2012

Old 02-15-2012, 12:31 PM
kanda444

Activity Longevity
0/20 0/20
Today Posts
sssssssss

i would love to see proof, not theories or thought experiments, but proof that all these procautions aren't just a huge paranoid waste of time.

i challenge all who are in the US and scared of terrorism (like i was at one time, but to a much milder degree than most) to try living their normal lives WITHOUT any news or entertainment media for one years. no news paper, new's shows, internet, movies, tv shows, books, magazines or anything relating to any social affairs. I lived in a place where i had no tv, internet, cell phones or news paper service for a year so I've done it and it wasn't easy but i found out... life isn't nearly as dangerous as the news wants you to believe.

i didn't seen one terroist attack, no gang shootings or stabbings, no natural disasters.... does this make one less informed? only if you need the constant reconfirmation that people die, there will always be war, people will always be taking advatage of others and people will always suffer. all those things are things we should all know by now. unless you are in a place where you are dodging bullets on a daily basis (which are places generally not in this country or places in this where domestic terrorism is the threat, not foreign i.e. gang violence), i feel that you can do without the information. the truth is, most are so obsessed with the "threat of terrorism" they are too afraid to see what would happen if they didn't watch the news for a year. so i challenge you... try it... let's see if the world blows up while your tv is off.

i know you can do it and probably wont ( and your job isnt an excuse... my wife worked at a bank while we lived there and she still avoided it) but i think it would help. this isn't meant to anybody in particular, just an idea for everybody.