Contributions: 53

Mentioned: 481 Post(s)
Quoted: 21627 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
16/20 13/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss40887
Police Officer Shoots Puppy After ‘Fearing For His Safety’

ANOTHER LEO shooting someone's dog, this shit infuriates me!

A Michigan police officer shot and killed a 10-month-old puppy this week as he pursued a suspect through several yards in a Redford Township neighborhood.

Quote:
According to the dog’s owner, Bianca Alakson, police ignored the “beware of dog” sign on her backyard fence early Sunday morning as they entered onto the property. After reaching her backyard, one officer claims to have been “charged” by the puppy.

“I didn’t know what had happened at first, I just heard ‘pop, pop’,” said Alakson’s boyfriend, Ryan Showalter.

Police claim the officer “feared for his safety” and had no choice but to shoot the puppy twice after it would not stop “advancing.”

“Everyone here loves animals, it’s the last thing we want to do but we have to protect ourselves,” a police spokesperson said.

Showalter refuted the officer’s claim that his puppy was dangerous, saying the dog had no history of violence whatsoever.

“He wasn’t the protector of the house type dog either, he was just the great everybody and love them to death type dog,” Showalter said.

Although police say the shooting was strictly based on officer safety, Showalter says the officer had a different explanation on scene.

“I asked him why and he said, ‘because he was in our way’,” Showalter explained.

Incredibly, officers then arrested Showalter, accusing him of interfering with police on his own property.

“They tried to tell me that I was resisting arrest,” Showalter said. “I was breaking down hysterically in the back seat of the cop car, crying, I didn’t know what to do.”

Showalter was later bailed out of jail by Alakson and is still awaiting charges from police.

Although instances of police helping dogs do appear, such as the recent case of a California officer rescuing a Chihuahua from a busy highway, they are greatly outnumbered by situations where officers use deadly force.

Earlier this month, a Pennsylvania state trooper wildly fired at a family’s dog only feet from a 5-year-old’s bedroom window. Although officer’s claimed the dog was charging as well, the dog’s owner argued that the bullet wounds, which were all in the dog’s side, proved that the dog was not running towards them.

An Oklahoma police officer shot and killed a family’s dog last March and reportedly bragged to animal control how the event was “awesome.” According to reports, the offending officer has received numerous complaints from fellow cops as well as citizens.

Last February, an officer in Idaho was cleared of wrongdoing after killing a man’s service dog outside a 9-year-old’s birthday party. The incident, captured by the police vehicle’s dash cam, showed the officer kicking at the dog several times before he opened fire.

In 2012, a police officer in Austin, Texas shot and killed a dog as it played Frisbee with its owner. The officer would later learn that he had responded to the wrong home on a domestic disturbance call.

Also in 2012, a Texas cop fatally shot a dog as it sat on the porch outside its home, causing several bullets to go through the home’s walls. The officer proceeded by killing a second dog that was tied up in the backyard.

Even though some statistics point to American police killing a dog every 98 minutes, officers are not always successful. Just last month, a California sheriff’s deputy shot himself while attempting to kill a fenced-in dog. Although the deputy claimed that the dog had tried to attack him, the dog was later seen playing with small children in the neighborhood.
This article was posted: Tuesday, May 13, 2014 at 6:32 pm

i'm not sure i'd have the patience to deal with an aging pig.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to rapeWhistle For This Useful Post:
30564U, bdjackass318, chiefTbon, curvature, Darkest Angel, gatagato, Illusion, Kanda444, kellyhound, Megamel29, Pyramid_Head, winvens, Zambini
Old 05-14-2014, 08:46 PM
CrunchyCripple
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:364
Female

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 856 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 7/20
Today Posts
2/11 sssss2031
Re: Police Officer Shoots Puppy After ‘Fearing For His Safety’

Any time you see any cops around, get your dog inside immediately. You never know when they're going to come onto your property - usually in search of a suspect.

Dogs and cops don't mix. Nice dog or not.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to CrunchyCripple For This Useful Post:
30564U, 5umguy24, Darkest Angel, dragonhalf13570, Illusion, kellyhound, MadCore, Megamel29, rapeWhistle, sherrimccharles, winvens, Xfactor
Old 05-15-2014, 12:04 AM
curvature
Offline:
My Rank: GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:495

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1280

I was present when an officer killed an injured deer, a young doe, instead of calling the animal control authorities. The deer was caught in some wire and in shock, but could have been cared for and released. Another cop might have not done that, but it was clear to every one present that the young cop wanted the experience of shooting his weapon at a real (breathing) target. A friend who is a police officer agreed.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to curvature For This Useful Post:
chiefTbon, Darkest Angel, Megamel29, winvens
Old 05-15-2014, 12:57 AM
Shakey
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:18
MAN

Mentioned: 449 Post(s)
Quoted: 21512 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
17/20 14/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss37821

They got a license to kill.

Old 05-15-2014, 02:11 AM
Darkest Angel
Offline:
Born in the USA
Poster Rank:74
100% female
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quoted: 1785 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12899

Abuse of power. Sad stories.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darkest Angel For This Useful Post:
chiefTbon, winvens
Old 05-15-2014, 04:51 AM
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:80
Male

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssss12567

This is just more reason to hate pigs.

The Following User Says Thank You to Pyramid_Head For This Useful Post:
commondenom
The Following Users Disliked This Post By Pyramid_Head:
30564U
Old 05-15-2014, 05:14 AM
winvens
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:125
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Quoted: 4341 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8054

Shooting a dog for being "in our way"?!? Fucking assholes!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to winvens For This Useful Post:
chiefTbon, Darkest Angel, Megamel29
Old 05-15-2014, 09:10 AM
Zambini
Offline:
Instigator Extraordinaire
Poster Rank:53
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 8124 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss17005

Cops and dogs don't mix

Instead of a last resort, it seems to be a first step when they see a dog in a "situation" to shoot it.

Why don't they at least try less than lethal first?

I've seen a lot of police dogs bite the wrong people too

But military dogs don't bite the wrong people that I've seen

I'll protect all my family, that includes the ones with fur and paws

curvature, Darkest Angel
Old 05-15-2014, 06:52 PM
Metal Mike
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:60
The Untrollable

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 9256 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15388

Years ago, a sheriff's deputy entered one of my friend's houses while we were jamming out at full volume. He was responding to a noise complaint from one of the neighbors, and we had no idea he was there until he entered the bedroom in which we had set up. The friend who lived there also owned a huge doberman that was very friendly. She had greeted the deputy in her usual exuberant fashion, and we found her running around outside as we saw the deputy out about a minute or two after he had made his presene known.

It's all a matter of an officer's self-discipline and his ability to properly assess a threat. My friend's dog like to jump when she greeted people, but the deputy wasn't a gung-ho trigger-happy rookie and knew a friendly dog when he saw one.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Metal Mike For This Useful Post:
30564U, Darkest Angel, winvens
Old 05-15-2014, 07:16 PM
souris
Offline:
SpanMan!
Poster Rank:105
guy

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 581 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 14/20
Today Posts
2/11 sssss9508

I'm always on the side of the professional who is in the front lines in keeping me safe. If he says he felt threatened then that's good enough for me. I won't judge his actions.

The Following User Says Thank You to souris For This Useful Post:
30564U
The Following Users Disliked This Post By souris:
commondenom