Poster Rank:607

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 482 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss924
Re: Police Officer Death: fox Lake IL Police Officer Shot, Sparking Manhunt

Turns out, as suspected at the time, it was a suicide.

At first, this guy was lauded as a hero; proper cop fighting crime. If you look into it though, he was laundering money for a long time for his own (not so clean) purposes and realized the gig was up and took his final actions.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to records1 For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001, rob666
Old 11-05-2015, 12:18 AM
Kelseecat65
Offline:
The Eternal Optimist
Poster Rank:26
Contributions: 29

Mentioned: 166 Post(s)
Quoted: 11715 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss27615

Quote:
Originally Posted by records1 View Post
Turns out, as suspected at the time, it was a suicide.

At first, this guy was lauded as a hero; proper cop fighting crime. If you look into it though, he was laundering money for a long time for his own (not so clean) purposes and realized the gig was up and took his final actions.
I've been watching morons on FB go back and forth over whether this is all a big cover up and that one of their own killed him, for whatever reason.

It looks like there are two other officers being investigated in regards to the suicide, so this will defiantly get more interesting.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kelseecat65 For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001
Old 11-05-2015, 12:44 AM
records1
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:607

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 482 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss924

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelseecat65 View Post
I've been watching morons on FB go back and forth over whether this is all a big cover up and that one of their own killed him, for whatever reason.

It looks like there are two other officers being investigated in regards to the suicide, so this will defiantly get more interesting.
Law enforcement personnel fiercely defend their own unless evidence against one is too overwhelming.

Like I said before, soon after this incident it was speculated to be suicide from respectable sources.

The Following User Says Thank You to records1 For This Useful Post:
Kelseecat65
Old 11-05-2015, 04:41 AM
Kelseecat65
Offline:
The Eternal Optimist

Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss27615

Quote:
Originally Posted by records1 View Post
Law enforcement personnel fiercely defend their own unless evidence against one is too overwhelming.

Like I said before, soon after this incident it was speculated to be suicide from respectable sources.
I agree. Suicide was the first thing my boyfriend said as we watched it unfold that day. I wasn't so convinced. After watching the press conference yesterday, there is no doubt that's what he did.

The family is not buying the suicide theory, but that's to be expected. Imagine being one of the two other suspects just waiting for the ball to drop.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kelseecat65 For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001
Old 11-07-2015, 10:20 PM
Megamel29
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:283
Female
Contributions: 6

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

http://www.people.com/article/joe-gl...-text-messages

Fox Lake, Illinois Police Lt. Joe Gliniewicz, who authorities say staged his own suicide to cover up alleged "extensive criminal acts" including embezzlement, was so frustrated with a village administrator who was investigating police funds that he discussed hiring a hitman in a phone call and written messages, police confirm to PEOPLE.

In a Facebook messenger transcript obtained by PEOPLE, Gliniewicz wrote to an unnamed woman, "being forced to retire by new village administrator[.] Work life has ben a living HELL the last 2 months." (The spelling in Gliniewicz's messages is being presented as is.)

He continues, "Close to entertaining a meeting with a mutual aquantance of our[s,]" the message reads.

Lake County sheriff's Detective Chris Covelli tells PEOPLE that after investigators uncovered the message, they contacted the recipient, a woman who told them the messages were followed up with a phone call between Gliniewicz and herself.

According to Covelli, the recipient said "the conversation was about Gliniewicz talking to her to initiate a hit on the village administrator." Covelli adds that the mutual acquaintance was a "high-ranking member of a motorcycle gang."

However, Covelli says the alleged gang member said he never had contact with Gliniewicz.

Cops: Cocaine Found in Gliniewicz's Desk After His Death
In a separate revelation, Covelli says that after Gliniewicz's Sept. 1 death, officers found small packets of cocaine in his desk that had no connection to any police cases. "It's unknown what this cocaine was for," Covelli said. "It's odd. It's very odd."

One theory about the drugs was that Gliniewicz was scheming to plant the cocaine on the administrator, Anne Marrin, Covelli says: "We don't have anything to prove a connection, but it's a theory they discussed."

The new details come a day after officials announced during a news conference that Gliniewicz, 52, took his own life and staged it as a murder scene. Cops said that Gliniewicz was embezzling money from the department's Police Explorer program, which he oversaw.

Lake County Major Crimes Task Force Commander George Filenko said at a press conference Wednesday that Gliniewicz was involved in "extensive criminal acts" and stole tens of thousands of dollars over seven years from the Explorers, a program which provides training to young people interested in careers in law enforcement. Filenko said Gliniewicz used the cash for personal expenses, travel, gym memberships, adult websites and his mortgage.

Gliniewicz Message: 'This Situation... Would Give Her the Means To CRUCIFY ME if it Were Discovered'
In the months before his death, Marrin had been reviewing all of the village's departments and had requested an accounting of the Explorer's assets, which she learned Gliniewicz was "concerned" about, she said during Wednesday's press conference.

"This village administrator hates me and the explorer program," reads one of Gliniewicz's messages. (Gliniewicz deleted the message but law enforcement officers were able to recover it, Covelli said.) "This situation right here would give her the means to CRUCIFY ME if it were discovered."

In another message, an unnamed person writes to Gliniewicz about the hope that Marrin might get a DUI, to which Gliniewicz responds, "Trust me ive thougit through MANY SCENARIOS from planting things to the volo bog," he wrote. (Volo Bog is a remote, marshy nature preserve near Fox Lake.)

Marrin told reporters that Gliniewicz's messages "were a threat to me personally." She did not respond on Thursday to PEOPLE's requests for comment.

Revelations from the case continue to have a ripple effect, as it was also disclosed that police are investigating Gliniewicz's wife and son, Melodie and D.J. Gliniewicz, to determine if they had any role in the alleged embezzlement.

A statement released Wednesday by their attorney, Henry "Skip" Tonigan, said the two are cooperating with investigators. He did not return messages from PEOPLE on Thursday.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Megamel29 For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, kellyhound, Kelseecat65, Pink., rob666
Old 11-08-2015, 11:37 AM
ash_kelenna
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:6688

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswald2001 View Post
This type of behavior has been instigated, supported and spread by Ghetto Mama Obama and all governmental forces that he can muster.

He is pro-moo slum Terrorist and pro Urban Terrorist.
you must feel pretty stupid now

The Following User Says Thank You to ash_kelenna For This Useful Post:
Ozzman
Old 11-08-2015, 06:07 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_kelenna View Post
you must feel pretty stupid now
He's immune from it.

Old 11-08-2015, 06:08 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quite a story.

Everybody jumped on the chance to point fingers at the ghetto thugs, when it turned out to be an incredibly corrupt cop.

The Following User Says Thank You to rob666 For This Useful Post:
records1
Old 11-09-2015, 03:57 PM
Kelseecat65
Offline:
The Eternal Optimist

Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss27615

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
Quite a story.

Everybody jumped on the chance to point fingers at the ghetto thugs, when it turned out to be an incredibly corrupt cop.
For the most part, that is what most had to go on when the story first broke. It didn't take long for many to see thru his story. The layers to his corruptness are many. Damn, he had his hands in a bit of everything.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelseecat65 For This Useful Post:
records1, rob666
Old 11-10-2015, 10:17 PM
Pink.
Offline:
TROLLBEGONE!!!!!
Poster Rank:8
female

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 9043 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss63927

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
Quite a story.

When "they" were not apprehended with the perimeters that were set by multiple agencies, it was pretty clear that ghetto thugs were not the culprits.

This story has more turns and twists than a bucket of entrails.

But dont get too happy, your ghetto boythugs will end up doing something and getting pinched or popped.