Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567
Re: Police Officer Death: fox Lake IL Police Officer Shot, Sparking Manhunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post
That's about average.

1990-2010 the average was 164 per year. Should it warrant a press conference?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rob666 For This Useful Post:
hal0mega, nyazzip, Sarge99, winvens
Old 09-02-2015, 05:40 PM
nyazzip
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:113

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 5360 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8831

ridiculous that there is "a manhunt" going on- why would they be hiding in the woods? i'm sure they had a car parked near by and were long gone or home 10 minutes later: the lone cop confronted them, the cop died, and the cop was seemingly the only one who witnessed them. going door to door and locking down schools is ridiculous at this point; they are gone. next step should be to collect all the local surveillance cams in the area/from that time window, and try to get a vehicle description or maybe a glimpse of the perps. until one of them boasts about it in the future, i'd say they got away with it.

Old 09-02-2015, 05:54 PM
morbid75
Offline:
★Athena★
Poster Rank:139
Contributions: 17

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 3902 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss7027

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
That's about average.

The same could be said about cops shooting people too. I think the message some people are getting because the white house made statements about the other shootings, is that there is a definite bias whether they want to or not.

The white house NEVER should have said anything about Martin, Zimmerman, the professor or any of these state matters. The most influential camp in the country needs to remain neutral and let states handle their issues or they need to come out and try to make peace because there is a social problem. Not necessarily the killings, which statistically could be considered average; but race relations are the worst they have been in years on both sides.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to morbid75 For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001, rob666
Old 09-02-2015, 07:00 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbid75 View Post
The same could be said about cops shooting people too. I think the message some people are getting because the white house made statements about the other shootings, is that there is a definite bias whether they want to or not.

The white house NEVER should have said anything about Martin, Zimmerman, the professor or any of these state matters. The most influential camp in the country needs to remain neutral and let states handle their issues or they need to come out and try to make peace because there is a social problem. Not necessarily the killings, which statistically could be considered average; but race relations are the worst they have been in years on both sides.
I really don't know if it's good or bad for a leader to weigh in on anything like this. I think there are strong points for it and against it
As a Canadian I still don't fully comprehend the dynamics of "state rights" or the general distrust I see of the federal government. I'm not saying it's wrong, I'm just saying I don't get it.

I think it's terrible when someone kills a cop. I think that the vast majority of police are great people, that want to make a difference in their community. That being said, they need to be held to a high standard of conduct. I don't think that they're any worse now than they've ever been, it's just that now everybody has a video recorder on their phone which makes it easier to document it when they mess up.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rob666 For This Useful Post:
morbid75, Sarge99, winvens
Old 09-02-2015, 07:30 PM
morbid75
Offline:
★Athena★
Poster Rank:139
Contributions: 17

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 3902 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss7027

Quote:
I really don't know if it's good or bad for a leader to weigh in on anything like this. I think there are strong points for it and against it
As a Canadian I still don't fully comprehend the dynamics of "state rights" or the general distrust I see of the federal government. I'm not saying it's wrong, I'm just saying I don't get it.

I think it's terrible when someone kills a cop. I think that the vast majority of police are great people, that want to make a difference in their community. That being said, they need to be held to a high standard of conduct. I don't think that they're any worse now than they've ever been, it's just that now everybody has a video recorder on their phone which makes it easier to document it when they mess up.
I agree and also think that because of this scrutiny they are probably better in some ways. However, I think with ambush killings it does put them on edge in a way most people will never understand.

The media does not really help as it escalates the situation. But when situations are escalated and tensions are high at some point someone in authority should try to calm them. I think that sheriff in Texas was trying to by saying 'all lives matter'.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to morbid75 For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001, rob666
Old 09-02-2015, 10:04 PM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:89
dude
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4567 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11689

Quote:
That's about average.

164- spread over 365 is a bit different when the grouping becomes daily, and a clear motive. Public perspective, rob.

It should warrant a press conference when you stick your two cents in from the start.

Otherwise, he should have let it stay a state issue, not ever address the issue of race. Racial issues are different from state to state, making it an national issue, could have potentially woken shit that didn't need to be woken, in several parts of the country.

He could also address some of the NGOs that have in many ways funded the violent movements.

You have to keep in mind, when you play on one side of the fence, you're possibly adding to the problem, as a leader.

White kills blacks, his speeches = We have a race problem in America.

Black kills white or cop, his speeches = America has a gun problem.

morbid75
Old 09-02-2015, 10:10 PM
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6768 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671

Quote:
That's about average.

Well if you was to use the correct average for police officers "killed" and not the average officer deaths.

Your average includes police officer car crashes, the leading cause of police deaths. So you're being misleading.

Old 09-02-2015, 10:13 PM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:89
dude
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4567 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11689

Officer down memorial, for those wanting a clearer perspective-

https://www.odmp.org/

Pink.
Old 09-02-2015, 10:22 PM
niknik
Offline:
Conservative OG

Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671

Quote:
Zimmerman is a violent criminal.

I don't give a fuck how the trial portrayed Trevon Martin, Zimmerman's violent behaviour past and present show who he really is. He's a violent criminal.
That doesn't matter at trial. On that day, he wasn't doing anything illegal. And he shot someone who had him pinned to the ground beating him.

You are being extremely bias, you care about who Zimmerman is but not Martin?

Shouldn't who both of them are matter? Zimmerman may be a criminal thug, but so was Martin. After all, he decided to get violent with someone who wasn't threatening him. He just didn't like that Zimmerman was following him, a normal person would either just ignore, or stop and ask what the heck are you following me for. Not just beat the shit out of you.

Besides my point was that Obama got involved because he believed the narrative in the street. That some white guy shot a unarmed black guy and the police didn't care.

When the truth was, and was proven at trial, that it was self defense. That's why the police didn't arrest Zimmerman.

And that city probably spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to get the same result the police concluded.

Old 09-02-2015, 10:35 PM
niknik
Offline:
Conservative OG

Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post
164- spread over 365 is a bit different when the grouping becomes daily, and a clear motive. Public perspective, rob.

It should warrant a press conference when you stick your two cents in from the start.

Otherwise, he should have let it stay a state issue, not ever address the issue of race. Racial issues are different from state to state, making it an national issue, could have potentially woken shit that didn't need to be woken, in several parts of the country.

He could also address some of the NGOs that have in many ways funded the violent movements.

You have to keep in mind, when you play on one side of the fence, you're possibly adding to the problem, as a leader.

White kills blacks, his speeches = We have a race problem in America.

Black kills white or cop, his speeches = America has a gun problem.
I think last year 30 police officers were murdered. So this many in this short time is eye raising.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to niknik For This Useful Post:
morbid75, Oswald2001