Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913
Police and Family Still Searching For Groom After He Shot Bride and Brother

http://www.cbs8.com/story/24295764/p...on-valley-mall

AN DIEGO (CBS 8) - The San Diego Police Department Thursday continued their search for a missing man after a Mission Valley shooting that left his fiancee dead and brother in critical condition.

Police released a missing persons flyer for 24-year-old Gianni Leonardo Belvedere, who was last seen at his home in Tierrasanta on the night of December 23.

Gianni Belvedere Italian-American, 6 feet tall, 165 pounds, and has brown hair and brown eyes.

His vehicle is described as an dark green 2004 Toyota Camry sedan with Utah license plate B154VZ.

Anyone with information is asked to contact police at (619) 531-2293 or the San Diego County Crime Stoppers anonymous tip line at (888) 580-8477.

Crime Stoppers is offering a $1,000 reward.

THIS IS A STORY UPDATE. For an earlier story, read below.

SAN DIEGO (CBS 8/CNS) - The family of the victims of a shooting near the Mission Valley Macy's store spoke exclusively to CBS News 8 about the tragedy that left one loved one dead, another critically wounded, and a third missing.

The victims, both in their 20s, were found in a car parked across from Macy's Department Store in Westfield Mission Valley Mall on Camino Del Rio North around 1:30 a.m., according to San Diego police homicide Lt. Mike Hastings.

Salvatore Belvedere, 22, who was taken to Scripps Mercy Hospital with a gunshot wound to the upper torso in very critical condition.

Officers were called to the mall by the woman, Ilona Gregorievna, who also goes by the name Ilona Flint. She dialed 911 and stated that she was shot near the mall but did not know exactly where she was, according to police. Flint was identified by family members as Belvedere's brother's fiancee. She was pronounced dead at the scene.

A third person, identified as Salvatore's brother Gianni Belvedere, was with the two at the mall on Monday night. Family members say they have not heard from him since, but they're very worried about him.

The Belvedere sisters, Angela, Antoinette, and Laura, say they just want to know what happened. They say they're hopeful that speaking publicly will help bring their missing brother Gianni home.

"All we know right now is that he is missing and we need him to go home. Please, please if you know his whereabouts or if you have seen him or his car, we're asking that you please contact San Diego police. Our family has been through a lot and we need your prayers and we hope to bring Gian home."

Gianni drives an olive-colored 2004 Toyota Camry with the Utah license plate B154VZ. The sister say they are worried that their brother may also be in danger.

"It's an unusual thing to happen and this is very unlike Gian, so we are here today to ask for everybody to look for him because we don't have a clue where he could be."

Police had not identified anyone as a suspect in the shootings as of Wednesday night and the motive was under investigation.

Macy's was open during the shooting, and investigators were looking for witnesses to help identify a possible suspect in the case.

Jerry Hill, who works at the nearby Christmas tree lot, says he was sleeping in his trailer when his dogs woke him up.

"All I know is I seen the flashing lights and I grabbed my wife, 'Something's going on out there.' Unfortunately it had to be something like that," Hill said.

Hastings described the possible suspect as a male of unknown race, around 5 feet 9 to 5 feet 11, last seen wearing tan pants and a shirt. He may have fled in dark gray 2008-2011 Honda sedan, according to the lieutenant.

Anyone with information about the early-morning shooting was asked to call the San Diego Police Department's Homicide Unit at (619) 531-2293 or San Diego County Crime Stoppers at (888) 580-8477.

Thread Contributions
24295764_bg5.jpg  

24295764_bg4.jpg  

Contributors to this thread: invertigo (43)
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Megamel29 For This Useful Post:
BBKF, Bloodhound76, diamondsmiles, Faline, icheerthebull, invertigo, K9Grip, kellyhound, ousoonerchic, Photoplay, Pyramid_Head, vagabond
Old 12-27-2013, 07:32 AM
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:80
Male

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssss12567
Re: Police and Family Still Searching For Groom After He Shot Bride and Brother

Very interesting if we find out what happened.

The Following User Says Thank You to Pyramid_Head For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 12-27-2013, 06:03 PM
mrm1109
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:647
Cunt
Contributions: 2

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss860

He has a fancy name.

Old 12-28-2013, 02:27 AM
vagabond
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:141
female

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 958 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 6/20
Today Posts
2/11 sssss6975

I bet a love triangle, or the brother thought there was one.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vagabond For This Useful Post:
Faline, invertigo, K9Grip
Old 12-28-2013, 06:39 AM
invertigo
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:258
I need a nap =|
Contributions: 43

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 891 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3276

I'm surprised that guy admitted he was sleeping on the job

Old 12-28-2013, 09:35 AM
Faline
Offline:
♥ Moderator ♥
Poster Rank:2
Gore Goddess
Contributions: 226

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1894 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93392

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
I bet a love triangle, or the brother thought there was one.
That's my thoughts also.

Old 12-28-2013, 07:56 PM
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3102

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss73

Saturday, Dec 28, 2013
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Search-Continues-for-Missing-San-Diego-Man-Gianni-Belvedere-237577321.html
NBC 7 San Diego
Gianni Belvedere, 24, has been missing since Monday. His girlfriend, Ilona Flint, and brother, Salvatore Belvedere, were fatally shot in a parking lot outside a mall in San Diego on Christmas Eve morning.
The search continues for a San Diego man missing since the deadly Christmas Eve shooting of his girlfriend and brother near Westfield Mission Valley Mall.
According to the San Diego Police Department, Gianni Belvedere, 24, was last seen Monday around 10 p.m. at his home in San Diego’s Tierrasanta community.
Police have now issued a missing person bulletin for Gianni describing him as an Italian-American man with brown hair and brown eyes. He’s 6 feet tall, 165 pounds and likely driving a four-door, dark green 2004 Toyota Camry XLE with the Utah license plate B154VZ.
On Tuesday at around 1:15 a.m., Gianni’s longtime girlfriend, Ilona Flint, and his brother, Salvatore Belvedere, were critically shot in the parking lot of Mission Valley mall, just outside of a Macy’s department store. The store was open to accomodate last-minute Christmas shoppers.
Flint suffered a gunshot wound to the head but despite her injuries, was able to call 911 to report the shooting, telling dispatchers she was near the mall.
Officers located the wounded victims in a vehicle near the 1600-block of Camino Del Rio North. Flint was pronounced dead at the scene shortly thereafter.
Salvatore sustained gunshot wounds to the head and torso and was transported to a local hospital. He remained in critical condition for several days and on Friday, the SDPD confirmed he had died from his injuries.
Paul Donato, Salvatore's cousin, issued a family statement Friday saying that Salvatore had a rare blood type and was an organ donor. A heart transplant was performed after his death.
"But even through this tragedy, his precious heart now beats in someone else," said Donato. "What better way during the Christmas season to give the gift of life."
The statement went on to say that the Belvedere family is still looking for Gianni.
Both Flint and Salvatore were 22 years old.
According to police, the suspect in the deadly parking lot shooting was described as a male wearing tan pants, between 5-foot-9 and 5-foot-11. A possible vehicle of interest in the case is a 2008 to 2011 dark gray Honda sedan.
Police said they have not yet determined a motive for the shooting and have warned news outlets not to jump to conclusions about a motive. On Thursday, officials revealed that it does not appear the shooting stemmed from a robbery.
Now, three days later, police have shifted their attention to finding Gianni, who is considered a missing person at this point. Family members said Gianni may have also been at the mall at the time of the shooting.
On Thursday, members of both the Flint and Belvedere families made a public plea asking for Gianni to return home.
“Gianni, we need you to come home,” said his sister, Antoinette Belvedere.
Through tears, Flint’s mother, Inga Flint-Jones, echoed that statement, adding: “Your mom and dad need you. Please call us.”
Police are asking for the public’s help in locating Gianni. Anyone with information related to his whereabouts or the shooting should contact the SDPD Homicide Unit at (619) 531-2293 or Crime Stoppers at (888) 580-8477.
Earlier this week, family members said they don’t know why Salvatore was at the mall with his brother’s girlfriend on Tuesday morning.
Andre Briones, a friend who worked with Flint at a vintage shop in La Jolla, said Flint had been dating Gianni for eight years. Briones said the Belvedere brothers would take turns picking up Flint from work because she didn’t have a car.
On Friday night, neighbors in Tierrasanta told NBC 7 they were shocked over the deaths of Salvatore and Ilona and the disappearance of Gianni.
According to neighbors, the Belvedere brothers lived on a quiet street and on Madera Rosa Way. Neighbors said Flint lived with the brothers as well.
A resident who wished to remain anonymous said he saw the brothers every day and even hung out with them last week in their garage.
“Just when I came home, [I] just came over, had a couple beers with them and that was it,” said the neighbor.
Though the neighbor said he wasn’t close with the Belvedere brothers, he said the men were always friendly.
“They were great; they were always cool, always nice,” he added. “It’s weird. Especially seeing them every day, and now never getting to see them again.”
Meanwhile, a memorial for Flint is set to take place at La Jolla Shores on Saturday at 6 p.m. A friend said Flint worked at a vintage shop in the area. Flint's mother is expected to attend the memorial

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shinycatcreations For This Useful Post:
Bloodhound76, Kelseecat65, Megamel29
Old 12-28-2013, 08:00 PM
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3102

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
That's my thoughts also.
Im thinking that also. Maybe he paid someone to do it and "kidnap" him so it looks like he is a victim also. Or he wanted to harm them but the shooter took it to far and killed them, then really kidnapped him for real.

The Following User Says Thank You to shinycatcreations For This Useful Post:
Kelseecat65
Old 12-28-2013, 11:47 PM
Megamel29
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:283
Female
Contributions: 6

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinycatcreations View Post
Im thinking that also. Maybe he paid someone to do it and "kidnap" him so it looks like he is a victim also. Or he wanted to harm them but the shooter took it to far and killed them, then really kidnapped him for real.
Thanks for the update! Too bad the brother died. Do you think it's possible the groom was the shooter? And if he is, do you think he killed himself by now?

Old 12-30-2013, 02:48 PM
Shakey
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:18
MAN

Mentioned: 449 Post(s)
Quoted: 21516 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
17/20 14/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss37823