Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 9043 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss63927
POLICE DEATHS

DETROIT
The man who shot officers inside a Detroit police station had a relative who is scheduled to be sentenced for double homicide Monday, said the city's police chief, who would not confirm that as the motive behind the attack.

"We can't speculate as to motive," Chief Ralph Godbee said in a news conference Monday. "There is nothing in this that makes sense at all."

Lamar Deshea Moore, 38, walked into a police precinct Sunday and "indiscriminately began firing," Godbee said. He was shot and killed by return gunfire from police, according to the chief.

Two of the four officers wounded in the shooting were hospitalized in stable condition Monday, Godbee said. Cmdr. Brian Davis is recovering from a gunshot wound to back, and Sgt. Brian Anderson was grazed in the head, he said.

Sgt. Ray Saati also was grazed in the head. He and Sgt. Carrie Schultz have been treated and released from the hospital. Schultz was shot in the chest, but was protected by a bulletproof vest, according to police.

The shooting has led to the reassessment of security measures by police officials. According to the chief, Mayor Dave Bing has committed to bringing in resources necessary to provide a safe environment, and interim measures will be put in place.

"We will do whatever is necessary to provide an environment for our officers that is safe," Godbee said, but he wouldn't specify any immediate changes. The chief said his office will be presenting the mayor with recommendations of security protocols that are "reflective of the reality that we have to live with every day."

Officers involved in the attack were praised for their bravery.

"Through it all, our officers maintained courageous calm," he said. "They returned fire, they took cover, they did all the things we train them to do under pressure."

ST PETERSBURG FLORIDA
2 officers killed, third wounded while seeking suspect at Florida home

Two St. Petersburg, Florida, officers were fatally shot Monday while trying to find a suspect on an aggravated battery warrant, Police Chief Chuck Harmon said.

A third officer, a deputy U.S. Marshal, was shot twice and wounded but was in stable condition, officials said.

Police later entered the house, but the suspect was not immediately located, St. Petersburg police spokeswoman Midge Walsh said. Authorities were continuing to search the home, she said. Authorities did not name the suspect. It is not known whether he was injured after exchanging fire with police.

Video showed police using a backhoe to tear down parts of the home an an effort to find the suspect.

Authorities have been trying to locate the suspect for weeks, Harmon said, using both uniformed and undercover officers. The officers went to the home about 7 a.m. Monday to talk to a "young lady" regarding his whereabouts, but did not expect him to be there, the chief said.

missymojo
Old 01-24-2011, 04:32 PM
souris
SpanMan!
Poster Rank:105
guy

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 581 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss9507
Re: POLICE DEATHS

Old 01-24-2011, 08:06 PM
dooshman
Offline:
*Born Retard*
Poster Rank:58
Dude

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16098

Sad to hear that. On average, people who disrespect cops also hold contempt for one or both of their parents.

The Following User Says Thank You to dooshman For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001
Old 01-24-2011, 09:11 PM
Pink.
Offline:
TROLLBEGONE!!!!!
Poster Rank:8
female

Activity Longevity
3/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss63927

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooshman View Post
Sad to hear that. On average, people who disrespect cops also hold contempt for one or both of their parents.
growing up with a judge, a couple of DAs and several cops in the family (not MY parents, He was a Military Medical Professional, and she a real property manager and museum buff)...I have seen quite a bit of it. Usually, t is not only a disrespect for cops, but for ANY person with a llegal, justice, or military based profession...even with my dad.not because eh was a doctor, but because he was Military.

I never understood it at all. even family members who had those attitudes tended to NOT have respect for their parents or to have contempt for not only their parents, but for anybody with any kind of authority....or WHAT THEY PERCEIVED as authority.....

from my POV actual children of cops, judges, attorneys.... tend to be worse than the everyday children of civillians that dislike/disrespect cops

Old 01-24-2011, 09:57 PM
Stevee
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:21

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss33585

Shows how much I know about the workings of law and order in the USA, I always thought police stations or precinct's all had metal detectors on the way in, I know that courts do as they do here.

Old 01-24-2011, 10:36 PM
Pink.
Offline:
TROLLBEGONE!!!!!
female

Activity Longevity
3/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss63927

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve. View Post
Shows how much I know about the workings of law and order in the USA, I always thought police stations or precinct's all had metal detectors on the way in, I know that courts do as they do here.
Most do.

There are many times alternate entrances to courthouses, and police precincts dont have many except for the civillian entrances.

I wish DTXBRIAN woudl come around and tell you more.

Old 01-25-2011, 05:13 AM
Pink.
Offline:
TROLLBEGONE!!!!!
female

Activity Longevity
3/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss63927

MORE ...

As police in Florida prepared for the funeral of two Miami-Dade County police officers gunned down in the line of duty, shots rang out Monday in St. Petersburg, on the other side of the state. Two other officers fell dead and a federal marshal was wounded. Follow updates on CNN and affiliate WFTS-TV.

On any given day, such violence against police officers would be disturbing. But the fatalities capped a particularly violent 24 hours in the United States for the men and women in blue. Eleven police officers were shot.

“It is a very disturbing trend for all of us,” said Hal Johnson, general counsel for the Florida Police Benevolent Association. “Florida has never seen a streak like this. I don’t think anybody has.”

It is natural to search for answers, Johnson said, even if there aren’t any. The shootings do not appear to be related, and the motives may never be known. Declaring it to be open season against police officers seems dangerously simplistic, he added.

He sees the shootings more as acts of desperation.

“They are shooting at people they know have guns,” Johnson said. “I don’t know what’s going on out there, but I’ve never seen it like this. I do see the developing of a callousness. It’s almost as if shooting a police officer has lost its shock effect.”

Consider:

– On Sunday, four officers were shot in a Detroit police station by a man who walked in, firing randomly. Lamar Deshea Moore was shot to death by police so his motive may never be known, but local reports say a relative was awaiting sentencing for double murder. Two of the police officers remain hospitalized. For more, read CNN’s update and affiliate reports from the scene: WXYZ-TV and WDIV-TV.

– Two deputies were shot outside a Walmart in Port Orchard, Washington, near Seattle, on Sunday. Check out CNN, KIRO-TV and KOMO-TV for the latest updates.

– A police officer is in a coma and in critical condition after being shot during a traffic stop early Sunday in Indianapolis. Check out WTHR-TV and WISH-TV for updates.

In Lincoln City, Oregon, a police officer was shot Sunday night during a traffic stop. The officer is in critical condition. Check out affiliate KOIN-TV for more information.

Although they do not appear to be related, the weekend shootings follow two other violent incidents last week involving police officers, including the Miami killings and a slaying in Lakewood, New Jersey.

Old 01-26-2011, 01:49 PM
Black Knight
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:210
Male

Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss4193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink. View Post
growing up with a judge, a couple of DAs and several cops in the family (not MY parents, He was a Military Medical Professional, and she a real property manager and museum buff)...I have seen quite a bit of it. Usually, t is not only a disrespect for cops, but for ANY person with a llegal, justice, or military based profession...even with my dad.not because eh was a doctor, but because he was Military.

I never understood it at all. even family members who had those attitudes tended to NOT have respect for their parents or to have contempt for not only their parents, but for anybody with any kind of authority....or WHAT THEY PERCEIVED as authority.....

from my POV actual children of cops, judges, attorneys.... tend to be worse than the everyday children of civillians that dislike/disrespect cops
As someone who has friends who are officers and grew up with children of officers I think it all begins at home.

If children are taught at a young age to respect adults and authority it carries with them the rest of their lives. Problem in the hood where many of these shootings occur is that there is usually one parent, poor and only understand and respect violence.

As far as children of officers, judges go, I agree with you. I think as children they knew they could get away with more without repercussions. I remember driving with my buddy Rich whose dad was a cop. We were smoking weed so the car looked like the van in Fast Times at Ridgemont High when we were pulled over. The cop saw the FOP badge on the license plate and asked who it was and the cop LET US GO despite smoke coming out of the car.

Old 01-26-2011, 04:23 PM
Pink.
Offline:
TROLLBEGONE!!!!!
female

Activity Longevity
3/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss63927

I got away with my share of "dirt" in my day too.....but I try not to let my kids think that because of who their dad is, they can pull that crap.

Old 01-26-2011, 05:43 PM
Stevee
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:21

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss33585

The one thing that really irritates me about the police is the insistence to talk to you like you are a 2 year old, that is so annoying.