Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss433
Re: Police Clear Sydney CBD After Gunman Holds Hostages at Lindt Chocolat Cafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekymarls View Post
what if they did sniper the animal - the bullet would have hit the glass and this would have changed the bullet direction on impact and could have hit anyone... however in saying that i do agree that the knee jerk reaction was pretty amateurish of the force.
if people could sneak out so easily i do not understand why the force couldnt sneak in as easy.. anyway hindsite is a wonderful thing
When I served in the military, I knew blokes whom worked in these fields. Professionals who could shoot targets the size of bottle caps from 25 meters, after entering blind into a 360 degree live fire facility.

If not the snipers call because of glass or a clear shot, they sure as shit had all day to twiddle thumbs trying to look badass in tactical SPG gear on camera...

The police should have only caused visual and/or audible distractions outside so the SAS cats can end it yesterday.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sypher209 For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001
Old 12-25-2014, 11:36 AM
Sypher209
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:994
dood

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss433

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearlbracelet1 View Post
Just going to add: The reason they didn't shoot first is because the gunman said that he had four explosive devices planted around the Sydney area, and that (at least) one of them was inside a hospital. He said that if they tried to come in and take him by force, he'd detonate them. Luckily (but not for the two hostages who were killed), this turned out not to be true.

They went in and shot the guy after they heard the gunshot which killed Tori Johnson. As the police went in and tried to take the guy down, he shot Katrina Dawson as well, as she was protecting her pregnant friend. Then they got him.
This is true, though the bomb threats were dismissed well before shit hit the fan. They stormed in guns blazing, in reaction to hostages feeling they needed to act on their own accord.

Had this been treated more like a terrorist threat garnering military action, and they got the blokes who deal with shit like this on a daily basis, even the negotiators would have known better.

Any wank stain extremists out there watching would've seen, that sure Australia is welcoming to all, but try anything like that and it's lights out, not nearly a full solid day of news channels calling as many muslims they can to nullify societies islamiphobia, which wouldn't be as bad without the media in the first place...

Old 12-25-2014, 01:32 PM
Oswald2001
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:99

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 2759 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 15/20
Today Posts
7/11 ssss10528

Quote:
Originally Posted by ices View Post
You have 3 snipers.

1 or 2 to hit the glass. 1 to or 2 to hit the perp.
All you need is one (1) sniper with a .50 Barrett.

A .50 round would go through that glass essentially unfazed considering the distances involved.

The Following User Says Thank You to Oswald2001 For This Useful Post:
Sypher209
Old 12-26-2014, 06:49 AM
Sypher209
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:994
dood

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss433

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswald2001 View Post
All you need is one (1) sniper with a .50 Barrett.

A .50 round would go through that glass essentially unfazed considering the distances involved.
I'd be concerned for anyone in another 2 or 3 rooms behind the fucker those rounds are crazy...

The Following User Says Thank You to Sypher209 For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001
Old 12-26-2014, 02:14 PM
Oswald2001
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:99

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 2759 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 15/20
Today Posts
7/11 ssss10528

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sypher209 View Post
I'd be concerned for anyone in another 2 or 3 rooms behind the fucker those rounds are crazy...
You'd still have that issue with a .308 round.

More so with multiple .308 rounds.

The main problem that the Politically Correct Aussies had was that they tried to be "too safe" which ended up getting a couple of civilians killed.

The Following User Says Thank You to Oswald2001 For This Useful Post:
Sypher209
Old 01-11-2015, 01:41 PM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 412

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1755 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
13/20 20/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss61159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearlbracelet1 View Post
They went in and shot the guy after they heard the gunshot which killed Tori Johnson.

As the police went in and tried to take the guy down, he shot Katrina Dawson as well, as she was protecting her pregnant friend. Then they got him.
Quote:
Martin Place siege victim Katrina Dawson was struck by a police bullet when officers shot it out with gunman Man Haron Monis at the Lindt Cafe, the police investigation has reportedly revealed.

Fairfax media reports that multiple police sources have said Dawson, 38, was struck by police fire that was not a direct shot and possibly a ricochet, when Tactical Operations Unit officers stormed the cafe just after 2am on 16 December.

Monis had just shot dead another of the hostages, cafe manager Tori Johnson, at close range, and was killed in the shoot-out.

The circumstances surrounding the 16-hour Martin Place siege is still the subject of a critical incident investigation by the homicide squad.

Dawson’s cause of death will be determined by the NSW Coroner once that investigation is completed.
A police spokeswoman told Fairfax the force would not be commenting on any aspect of the investigation until that process had been completed.

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
dead.jpeg