Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 8124 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss17008
Pit Bull Kills 1-year-old Boy in West Montgomery County Home

Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office is investigating the death of a 1-year-old boy killed by his family’s pit bull dog Saturday night.

Deputies were called to a home in the 2700 block of Medina Circle, located in far West Montgomery County, just before 8 p.m., where they learned the child had been brutally mauled by the dog, the MCSO reports.

As a deputy tried to control the dog, the pit bull turned on the deputy and lunged at the deputy, who shot the dog inside the home.

The home belongs to the child’s grandparents, and the boy was inside the home with his grandmother when he was attacked, the MCSO reports. The grandmother, 45, was not injured by the dog but was transported by ambulance to a local hospital because she was emotionally traumatized.

The boy’s grandfather called 911 when he arrived home. The boy’s mother had left the home earlier in the day and has not been located by detectives.
The boy and his mother had just recently moved in with the grandparents, the MCSO reports.

Investigators are conducting interviews with the family and neighbors. No criminal charges have been filed, the MCSO reports, but when the investigation has been completed the case facts and evidence will be reviewed with the District Attorney’s Office.

Old 01-15-2012, 06:25 PM
matty22
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:4084
Male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss46
Re: Pit Bull Kills 1-year-old Boy in West Montgomery County Home

Why is it that only pitbull, staffordshire etc attacks get mainstream media attention.

I actually know of a dog attack on a child where the parents tried to get it into the local paper to raise awareness. When they told them that the dog was an Alsatian, they replied that they where only interested if it was a pitbull/staff etc.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to matty22 For This Useful Post:
Brainplague, daughterofthenight, Dynamo47, SeaGrave
The Following Users Disliked This Post By matty22:
johnleeknoefler
Old 01-15-2012, 06:34 PM
CousinVinny
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1238
Male

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss304

i love pitbulls best friend you will ever have. as long as you know how to handle them

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CousinVinny For This Useful Post:
Billthegravedigger, Brainplague, daughterofthenight, grimekeepa, mrm1109, Pyramid_Head, SeaGrave, Shelbeano ^-^
Old 01-15-2012, 06:40 PM
Zambini
Offline:
Instigator Extraordinaire
Poster Rank:53
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 8124 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss17008

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty22 View Post
Why is it that only pitbull, staffordshire etc attacks get mainstream media attention.

I actually know of a dog attack on a child where the parents tried to get it into the local paper to raise awareness. When they told them that the dog was an Alsatian, they replied that they where only interested if it was a pitbull/staff etc.
http://www.mackssolicitors.co.uk/com...og-attack.html

Old 01-15-2012, 06:55 PM
matty22
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:4084
Male

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss46

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYAA View Post
i love pitbulls best friend you will ever have. as long as you know how to handle them
exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zambini View Post
not really mainstream media but nice to see other dogs in the place

The Following User Says Thank You to matty22 For This Useful Post:
Billthegravedigger
Old 01-15-2012, 11:04 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21528

I've "met" some nice pitbulls. The child may have moved too quickly or something. I think the problem is profiling. Usually drug dealers, thieves, etc., have pitbulls. From what I understand, they have to be trained to attack people. I don't know. Never had one.

Could also be the dog, if he/she was a family member first, was jealous of the baby. Altough no where near the size, my niece has a Yorkie and he barked at the baby when they brought him home. He finally got somewhat used to the baby now, but, he will come between you and the baby, if he can and lick you or the baby just so you know he's there. The dog was a year old in May, 2011. The baby will be one on the 24th of this month. The dog is buddies with a pitbull/bulldog mix next door. They run up and down. The big dog has jumped the fence to come over to play. The Yorkie tunnels next door. They cry for each other, lol! They're both males, too.

The Following User Says Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
SeaGrave
Old 01-16-2012, 01:56 AM
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:396
Male

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1836

poor baby.

Old 01-16-2012, 02:15 AM
johnleeknoefler
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:230
Male
Contributions: 26

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3866

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty22 View Post

I'm gonna call bullshit on this one.. If that is so then post scans of the emails or letters here. Or at least a voice recording.

The Following User Says Thank You to johnleeknoefler For This Useful Post:
idaho
The Following 3 Users Disliked johnleeknoefler For This Post:
Billthegravedigger, matty22, Pit Bull
Old 01-16-2012, 02:16 AM
johnleeknoefler
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:230
Male
Contributions: 26

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3866

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsmiles View Post
I've "met" some nice pitbulls. The child may have moved too quickly or something. I think the problem is profiling. Usually drug dealers, thieves, etc., have pitbulls. From what I understand, they have to be trained to attack people. I don't know. Never had one.

Could also be the dog, if he/she was a family member first, was jealous of the baby. Altough no where near the size, my niece has a Yorkie and he barked at the baby when they brought him home. He finally got somewhat used to the baby now, but, he will come between you and the baby, if he can and lick you or the baby just so you know he's there. The dog was a year old in May, 2011. The baby will be one on the 24th of this month. The dog is buddies with a pitbull/bulldog mix next door. They run up and down. The big dog has jumped the fence to come over to play. The Yorkie tunnels next door. They cry for each other, lol! They're both males, too.
Never, ever, ever blame the dog. It's the baby's fault.

The Following User Says Thank You to johnleeknoefler For This Useful Post:
omigodlucy
The Following Users Disliked This Post By johnleeknoefler:
Billthegravedigger
Old 01-16-2012, 05:01 AM
xstunt1ngx
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:632

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss883

Please don't always blame the dog, many people buy pit bull's from backyard breeders who have no idea what the parents genetics are and if they are prone to aggression.

"If you buy a dog and all you do is chain it up to a pole, never socialize it with other dogs and/or humans, and you mistreat the dog, guess what? It's going to get you or another person one day or another."

I've had 1 GSD, a Dobie and a Rottie (Not all at once) my next dog is going to be a pit bull, I've played around with a 18 week old pit bull/ bulldog mix and the dog was strong as hell, but very kind and aware of it's strength.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xstunt1ngx For This Useful Post:
Billthegravedigger, daughterofthenight