female

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 9043 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss63927
Pennsylvania Governor Says Tucson Shootings Wakeup Call: End the Posturing

Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell urged an end to "partisanship and ideological posturing," arguing Sunday that last week's tragedy in Tucson, Arizona, was "a wake-up call to all of us, that we can't go on the way we're doing."

On CBS' "Face the Nation," Rendell joined a chorus of voices calling for toned-down political rhetoric in the face of last Saturday's shootings, in which six were killed and 13 wounded when 22-year-old Jared Lee Loughner allegedly opened fire at a political event outside of a Tucson grocery store.

Among the injured was Arizona congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords, who sustained a bullet wound to the head and currently remains in critical condition.

Old 01-16-2011, 10:26 PM
Eaton
Offline:
Eaton the Pooh
Poster Rank:52

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 769 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss17038
Re: Pennsylvania Governor Says Tucson Shootings Wakeup Call: End the Posturing

Ed Rendell should shut his fuckin' mob cock sucking mouth.
Signed, Pennsylvania Bear.

Old 01-16-2011, 11:04 PM
.408Cheytac
Offline:
*DR's Thread Killer*
Poster Rank:216
Male

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss4074

Former Governor... I didn't vote for Corbett, however I am glad Rendell is gone.

Old 01-17-2011, 07:50 AM
Black Knight
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:210
Male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss4193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaton View Post
Ed Rendell should shut his fuckin' mob cock sucking mouth.
Signed, Pennsylvania Bear.

Thank you bear. Rendell is a egotistical blow hard who more then wore out his welcome.

As his "associates" fall to corruption and federal charges, Sleazy Ed remains free.

Don't be surprised to see the Feds investigate him and find a trail of corruption, embezzlement, etc.

Old 01-17-2011, 07:24 PM
Pink.
Offline:
TROLLBEGONE!!!!!
Poster Rank:8
female

Activity Longevity
4/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss63927

this is not about Pa politics, thank yous, it is about the Tucson shootings.....the victims.(which in a way include ALL of the citizens (at least the concerned citizens) of the USA. .....The perp, and WHY that piece of rubbish may have been compelled to commit this crime.

Old 01-17-2011, 11:24 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink. View Post
this is not about Pa politics, thank yous, it is about the Tucson shootings.....the victims.(which in a way include ALL of the citizens (at least the concerned citizens) of the USA. .....The perp, and WHY that piece of rubbish may have been compelled to commit this crime.
Obviously he did it because he had severe mental instability.

So really the question is how do you prevent loonys from getting a gun in a country with more guns than people?

Old 01-18-2011, 03:37 AM
Pink.
Offline:
TROLLBEGONE!!!!!
female

Activity Longevity
4/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss63927

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
Obviously he did it because he had severe mental instability.

So really the question is how do you prevent loonys from getting a gun in a country with more guns than people?
That is what I was saying. This is NOT about people who want to bash the "governor" for addressing the issue that is being discussed ehre.

and as far as preventing loons from obtaining weapons...ESPECIALLY high powered high end weapons. THIS one obviously fell through the cracks.

The problem is if the person has not been put into the system (DESPITE HIS APPARENT DISRUPTIVENESS WHICH TO ME SUGGESTS THAT HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN ON A RED FLAG LIST), there is no law to prevent him from obtaining said weapons.

That is why I believe (and I will probably get harrassed and bitched out for this) that not only juvenille records but religious and political affiliation should be taken into place as well as the adult record and the nature of any brushes with the law, and the mental psychological health of applicants should be taken into account COLLECTIVELY, when evaluating these people.....YES it would cost more money, but regulating firearms would still allow people that are not trouble or potential trouble to purchase adn register firearms.

I ALSO believe that firearm purchasers be required to take SOME KIND OF PROFICIENCY EXAMINATION before any purchase is final.

Old 01-19-2011, 01:32 AM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink. View Post
That is what I was saying. This is NOT about people who want to bash the "governor" for addressing the issue that is being discussed ehre.

and as far as preventing loons from obtaining weapons...ESPECIALLY high powered high end weapons. THIS one obviously fell through the cracks.

The problem is if the person has not been put into the system (DESPITE HIS APPARENT DISRUPTIVENESS WHICH TO ME SUGGESTS THAT HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN ON A RED FLAG LIST), there is no law to prevent him from obtaining said weapons.

That is why I believe (and I will probably get harrassed and bitched out for this) that not only juvenille records but religious and political affiliation should be taken into place as well as the adult record and the nature of any brushes with the law, and the mental psychological health of applicants should be taken into account COLLECTIVELY, when evaluating these people.....YES it would cost more money, but regulating firearms would still allow people that are not trouble or potential trouble to purchase adn register firearms.

I ALSO believe that firearm purchasers be required to take SOME KIND OF PROFICIENCY EXAMINATION before any purchase is final.
I agree with pretty much everything except I'm not so sure about refusing a person because of certain religous or political views.
If the right to bear arms is constitutional, I don't know how thats possible.

Old 01-19-2011, 01:39 AM
Pink.
Offline:
TROLLBEGONE!!!!!
female

Activity Longevity
4/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss63927

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
I agree with pretty much everything except I'm not so sure about refusing a person because of certain religous or political views.
If the right to bear arms is constitutional, I don't know how thats possible.
What I refer to is political and religious extremism. Some groups by definition are treasonous terrorists....sad but true.