Go Back  

Peaches Geldof Shares Baby Pics But With Dog Too Close? 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now
 
  #21  
Old 10-01-2012, 09:18 AM
Faline's Avatar
Faline
Offline:
♥ Moderator ♥
Poster Rank:2
Gore Goddess
Join Date: Jun 2009
Contributions: 226
 
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1894 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93392
Re: Peaches Geldof Shares Baby Pics But With Dog Too Close?

That's an opened mouth smile "gummy smile/laugh" anyone who's had kids will know that. Looks like the baby is clearly loving it.
It's also a golden retriever, family dogs and very clever too. Highly doubt the dog would paw at it, plus it's supervised. Although i wouldn't exactly let a dog roll on a child.
To me it's a family photo of the new addition and the family pet. That kid will look on fondly at those images when it's older. As does my son. He was heart broken when our dog died and cherishes the images of the dog next to him.
People get way to overly protective these days.

We could go on to say all pets should be kept far away from children then as they could get a mouthful of hair etc and choke. Where would it end.

Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Faline For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, Kanda444, Megamel29, Sharon, Viking64
  #22  
Old 10-01-2012, 09:46 AM
Faline's Avatar
Faline
Offline:
♥ Moderator ♥
Poster Rank:2
Gore Goddess
Join Date: Jun 2009
Contributions: 226
 
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1894 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93392
Re: Peaches Geldof Shares Baby Pics But With Dog Too Close?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon. View Post
It concerned me somewhat too, we've always kept all dogs away from any babies in the family. No matter how nice the dog.
Why exactly? Our dog always sat next to my son when he was in his bouncy chair or lay near him when he played with his toys. I don't see the problem?
Not like the dog was allowed to lick him or his face etc and i know she never would of attacked him, she loved him. You could tell.

The day i had her put to sleep as her kidneys were failing she was laying on a table at the vets with her head down. The moment we called my son in to say goodbye she actually raised her head for him and watched him walk in the room. Very emotional, dogs are part of the family.

Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Faline For This Useful Post:
Megamel29, Viking64
  #23  
Old 10-01-2012, 01:34 PM
Dynamo47's Avatar
Dynamo47
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:379
Male
Join Date: Jan 2012
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1905
Re: Peaches Geldof Shares Baby Pics But With Dog Too Close?

I have always had Boxers who are affectionate, loving, and as protective as any breed out there. They are also infamous for the relationship with children. All that being said, I did keep a close eye on both and kept a little distance simply because the Boxer doesn't realize how big they are sometimes.

Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-01-2012, 01:58 PM
Azimuth's Avatar
Azimuth
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:33
Woman
Join Date: Jul 2009
 
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 3618 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss23376
Re: Peaches Geldof Shares Baby Pics But With Dog Too Close?

Yes I too think the last picture baby is smiling. They're fine- someone is right there for God's sake.

__________________
"Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim." -Nora Ephron
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Azimuth For This Useful Post:
Faline, Kanda444
  #25  
Old 10-01-2012, 02:07 PM
Kanda444's Avatar
Kanda444
Offline:
You holdin....?
Poster Rank:11
Join Date: May 2010
Contributions: 23
 
Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Quoted: 20139 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 13/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssss49383
Re: Peaches Geldof Shares Baby Pics But With Dog Too Close?

i see nothing wrong with this. the dog may be friendly... it looks super gentle. the last pic, that's a giggle not a cry. it's not like the mother left her kid with the dog like this unsupervised, she was right there watching the situation.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kanda444 For This Useful Post:
Faline
  #26  
Old 10-01-2012, 03:35 PM
Sharon's Avatar
Sharon
Offline:
✝ Moderator ✝
Poster Rank:10
Sparkle and Smut
Join Date: Nov 2008
Contributions: 204
 
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1782 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss51379
Re: Peaches Geldof Shares Baby Pics But With Dog Too Close?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brometheus View Post
havent you seen Lord of the Rings?

i thought of a gay Gandolf while reading this article.

__________________
Why not join us at:
http://www.documentingreality.com/forum/register.php
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-01-2012, 03:47 PM
Sharon's Avatar
Sharon
Offline:
✝ Moderator ✝
Poster Rank:10
Sparkle and Smut
Join Date: Nov 2008
Contributions: 204
 
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1782 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss51379
Re: Peaches Geldof Shares Baby Pics But With Dog Too Close?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Why exactly? Our dog always sat next to my son when he was in his bouncy chair or lay near him when he played with his toys. I don't see the problem?
Not like the dog was allowed to lick him or his face etc and i know she never would of attacked him, she loved him. You could tell.

The day i had her put to sleep as her kidneys were failing she was laying on a table at the vets with her head down. The moment we called my son in to say goodbye she actually raised her head for him and watched him walk in the room. Very emotional, dogs are part of the family.
Don't know really, just a thing I was raised up to believe to not do. Not a good or bad thing I suppose. Worry about possible risk of baby pulling their ear and the dog snapping at him, accidental claw in their skin and harming a baby, didn't want dog licking them - all a bit OTT I guess now I see it in retrospect!!

Older babies and toddlers, it's not an issue at all, it's just really young ones I'd worry about.

Don't misunderstand me here, our dogs were with us everywhere we went, my mad spaniel slept on my bed every night, I loved her to bits We've had dogs since I was a baby and I'm still here

I posted this article using the words of the parenting magazine it came from to see what folk thought out of interest as we've actually argued over such a subject in our family.

Chickens are the ones you worry about My wee 5 yo cousin pulled her wattle and got such a sharp peck!!

__________________
Why not join us at:
http://www.documentingreality.com/forum/register.php
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sharon For This Useful Post:
Faline
  #28  
Old 10-01-2012, 03:48 PM
Sharon's Avatar
Sharon
Offline:
✝ Moderator ✝
Poster Rank:10
Sparkle and Smut
Join Date: Nov 2008
Contributions: 204
 
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1782 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss51379
Re: Peaches Geldof Shares Baby Pics But With Dog Too Close?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo47 View Post
I did keep a close eye on both and kept a little distance simply because the Boxer doesn't realize how big they are sometimes.
My dad had a boxer, she was gorgeous. A gentle soul.

__________________
Why not join us at:
http://www.documentingreality.com/forum/register.php
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-01-2012, 03:50 PM
Sharon's Avatar
Sharon
Offline:
✝ Moderator ✝
Poster Rank:10
Sparkle and Smut
Join Date: Nov 2008
Contributions: 204
 
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1782 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss51379
Re: Peaches Geldof Shares Baby Pics But With Dog Too Close?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
That's an opened mouth smile "gummy smile/laugh" anyone who's had kids will know that. Looks like the baby is clearly loving it.
It's also a golden retriever, family dogs and very clever too. Highly doubt the dog would paw at it, plus it's supervised. Although i wouldn't exactly let a dog roll on a child.
To me it's a family photo of the new addition and the family pet. That kid will look on fondly at those images when it's older. As does my son. He was heart broken when our dog died and cherishes the images of the dog next to him.
People get way to overly protective these days.

We could go on to say all pets should be kept far away from children then as they could get a mouthful of hair etc and choke. Where would it end.
Say no more

__________________
Why not join us at:
http://www.documentingreality.com/forum/register.php
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-01-2012, 07:44 PM
Viking64's Avatar
Viking64
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:5
Join Date: Aug 2009
Contributions: 1
 
Mentioned: 290 Post(s)
Quoted: 24600 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssss70998
Re: Peaches Geldof Shares Baby Pics But With Dog Too Close?


Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
003.JPG  

asian-baby-riding-a-pug.jpg  

baby.jpg  

image001.jpg  

pug-and-baby.jpg  

pug-and-baby-3.jpg  

pug-baby.jpg  

Attached Images
 
 
 
 
 
 
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Viking64 For This Useful Post:
Brometheus, diamondsmiles, Faline, lemonassassin, Sharon

Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO