Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21524
Patient Killed Case Worker Before Gunfight With Doctor at Wellness Center

Updates during the day! This broke this afternoon in a suburb of the City of Brotherly Love.

ABCNews

July 24, 2014

Darby, PA -- A psychiatrist who was grazed by gunfire from a patient at a hospital on Thursday helped stop the patient by using his own weapon to shoot and wound him, but, not before a caseworker was killed, authorities said.

"The patient opened fire after entering Dr. Lee Silverman's office at Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital with the caseworker," District Attorney Jack Whelan said. Witnesses reported hearing yelling before the gunshots.

Silverman told police the patient fatally shot the caseworker before he pulled out his own gun and exchanged fire with the patient. Whelan said the psychiatrist, "from all accounts, would have acted in self defense."

The doctor, who suffered a wound to his head, "faced a situation where his life was in jeopardy," Whelan said. He was interviewed by detectives late Thursday.

The hospital has a policy barring anyone except on duty law enforcement officers from carrying weapons anywhere on its campus, a spokeswoman for the Mercy Health System said.

But Yeadon Police Chief Donald Molineux said that, "without a doubt, I believe the doctor saved lives."

"Without that firearm, this guy, (the patient), could have gone out in the hallway and just walked down the offices until he ran out of ammunition," the chief said.

The dead caseworker was identified as 53 year old Theresa Hunt, of Philadelphia.

Two guns were recovered, Whelan said. Authorities said the motive for the shooting was unknown.

The patient, who was critically injured and was being treated, was identified as Richard Plotts, an Upper Darby resident in his mid 30s.

The prosecutor said Plotts had been involved in previous incidents with staff, but, he did not know their nature. He also said he did not know if that is why the doctor had a gun or if the doctor would have been required to have a permit.

After the door of the office was closed, staff members heard loud arguing inside, opened the door and noticed the patient had a gun pointed at the doctor, Whelan said. They closed the door and dialed 911. Gunshots were heard a short time later, just before 2:30 p.m.

Plotts emerged from the office, and another doctor and a caseworker helped wrestle him to the floor of the hallway and grabbed his weapon, Whelan said. By that point, he had already been severely wounded from several shots, Whelan said.

"They acted vigilantly. They acted bravely," he said.

The exchange of gunfire occurred on the third floor of the Wellness Center at Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital, a 204 bed community teaching hospital just southwest of Philadelphia.

Authorities said there are no surveillance cameras in the doctor's office or the waiting area outside. They also said the center had no metal detectors.

"Do you evaluate that now ... in light of this incident to make sure people are safe, especially in what can be a dangerous environment?" Whelan asked.

Patients waiting in the first floor lobby reported a tense scene when police arrived and ordered everyone out. Most of the patients were elderly.

"I dozed off, and I heard the cop shouting, 'Come on, come on, get out!,'" said Millicent Russell, 73, of Lansdowne, who was waiting for a 3 p.m. appointment. "There were people with walkers and canes and stuff. All these cops were outside running here and there with these guns."

*From another local tv station*

Shooting Suspect Was Abusive, Crazy: Ex-Wife

By Kelly Bayliss

The ex-wife of suspected hospital shooter Richard Plotts describes him as violent and abusive. NBC10's Keith Jones spoke with her and neighbors who say Plotts was not well-liked.

July 24, 2014

He's been called abusive by his ex-wife and crazy by his neighbors, and he's even served time for a Delaware bank robbery. But the latest crime Richard Plotts, 49, of Upper Darby, is accused of committing left his case worker dead, a doctor wounded and himself fighting for his life.

Police say Plotts opened fire Thursday in the psychiatric unit at the Sister Marie Lenahan Wellness Center in Darby, killing his 53 year old case worker and wounding a doctor who fired back, critically injuring Plotts. He is in critical condition at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.

"It doesn't surprise me at all," said former Crum Lynne neighbor Diane Clements. "He was a creep."

That's one of the nicer things said about Plotts.

His ex-wife, who asked to remain anonymous, told NBC10 her ex-husband was abusive, made threats on her life and acted violently toward her family.

"He was violent, physically and mentally," Plotts' ex said. "He has threatened to kill me. He's been violent to my family — parents, siblings — and he's just never been a very good person."

The couple's divorced was finalized in 1999, while Plotts served six years in prison for a Delaware bank robbery four years earlier.
While serving the remainder of his sentenced for the robbery -- three years supervised release -- he was arrested for possession of a firearm.

His release was revoked and he was sent back to prison.
He was also arrested in the early 90s for trying to make a purchase at a John Wanamaker store with a stolen credit card, according to court records.

"He's a con artist," said his ex-wife. "He has psychiatric issues."
She did not elaborate on what those issues were, and details on his mental health were not immediately available.

"He was a goofball. He was crazy, and he had a girlfriend, and we used to hear him beating that girl up," Clements said.
Plotts was evicted from his home in the Kenneth House Apartments on West Chester Pike in Upper Darby about six months ago, according to a building maintenance man.

Cathy Nickels, his neighbor there, recalled the contentious way Plotts left after his eviction.

"As he was taken away in a van," she said, "he yelled, 'You haven't heard the end of me yet.'"

There is a video here, if you wish to watch it.

Read more: http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...#ixzz38SNg8oyA

*UPDATE*

POLICE: DELCO HOSPITAL GUNMAN HAD 39 BULLETS

WPVI

July 25, 2014

DARBY, PA (WPVI) -- Investigators said that the gunman accused of killing his caseworker and wounding a doctor in a Delaware County hospital building on Thursday had 39 bullets on him.

Richard Plotts, a psychiatric patient, is accused of opening fire inside the wellness center of Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital on Landowne Avenue in Darby Borough just after 2 p.m. Thursday.

At a news conference on Friday afternoon, authorities said the ballistics evidence shows Plotts fired the shot that killed his caseworker, 53 year old Theresa Hunt of Philadelphia.

Plotts then allegedly shot at Dr. Lee Silverman, grazing him in the head. Silverman, who allegedly also had a gun, returned fire and struck twice in the torso and once in the arm, police said.

Plotts was last reported to be in critical condition.

Police say Plotts had expressed frustration in the past that he was not allowed to bring a gun to the hospital.

Police said on Friday they are confident that Dr. Silverman's actions prevented Plotts, with his more than three dozen bullets, from shooting other people.

Authorities say another doctor and caseworker barged into the room, saw Silverman holding his bloody face and Plotts still holding his weapon. They then wrestled Plotts to the ground and held him until police arrived.

"This could be a much different situation if the perpetrator was allowed to continue with his actions, so I give credit for the staff for intervening," Delaware County District Attorney Jack Whelan said.

The shooting launched a massive response.

ATF agents as well as police from as far away as Upper Darby and Haverford Townships responded to the hospital campus, including the Delaware County SWAT Team. Officers, armed with heavy artillery, moved in to secure the scene.

Much of the hospital was evacuated. Other people who remained inside hid or secured themselves in place.

Sue Moyer, an employee at the wellness center, told Action News, "I was in the mammography suite taking care of patients, and we were just told to evacuate. And we went out the back door."

Anna Rose Smith also works in the wellness center. When asked what she saw when exiting the building, she said, "You see a lot of cops, a lot of SWAT teams, a lot of very protective police officers in the area doing their job."

Silverman was treated and released and is being interviewed by investigators.

"I did receive information that there were incidents involving Mr. Plotts and hospital personnel including the doctor's staff in the past," Whelan said.

Court records show Plotts has a lengthy criminal record for drugs, aggravated assault, theft and bank robbery.

Action News spoke with Plott's ex-wife on Thursday night.

"He was always very controlling and very violent. He was physically abusive, mentally abusive, and I just never thought, the many times he was in and out of jail, he had changed from any of that. I'm not surprised," she said.

Whelan said investigators believe the doctor acted in self defense.

He said if Plotts survives his injuries he will be charged with first degree murder.

When asked if patients are typically searched for weapons at the facility, Whelan said, "We do not believe for that to be typical. We looked. There are no weapons detectors, no metal detectors that are available here. I believe that is consistent with some other units. The question is, do you evaluate that now in light of this incident, as we always do."

The 213 bed teaching hospital in Darby Borough, Delaware County is part of the Mercy Health System.

Mercy Health released the following statement:

"The event that occured at Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital today is a tragic one for our hospital and for our community. We are praying for the safety of the victims. We are grateful for the efforts of the emergency responders, and we are working with the Delaware County Police Departments to understand fully the details of the event and to do all we can to assist those affected. We will coordinate our communications with law enforcement, and we will share information as soon as we are able. In the meantime, if you experience a medical emergency, please dial 911."

Videos may be viewed here.
http://6abc.com/news/police-delco-ho...ullets/216641/

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
hospital.jpg  

plotts.jpg  

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
bdjackass318, FunkPumpkin
Old 07-25-2014, 06:48 PM
FunkPumpkin
Offline:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Poster Rank:375
Contributions: 9

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
7/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1928
Re: Patient Killed Case Worked Before Gunfight With Doctor at Wellness Center

Among numerous other duties, I used to provide security for my brother's medical practice. The doctor had guns pulled on him in the past, so he wanted me to help him better secure the premises. (He does pain management, which is a horrendous pain-in-the-ass. You do it to help the honest folks in need of advanced pain care. But you end up spending at least half the time dealing with the fuckers who are doctor-shopping or selling their meds. )

Now that I'm not working there anymore, when I've spoken with a few patients who are close friends of mine, they say they never even suspected that I was carrying a 9mm pistol in a shoulder rig, a .380 backup pistol, and had an AR-15 securely kept in a discrete yet quickly-accessible location. (The ASP baton on my desk was mostly a paperweight. )

You might be thinking, "Why the fuck would you need all that?" I've been extensively trained on the use of those weapons, as well as trained in tactics to employ them effectively in the defense of myself and others. It was comfortable for me, my boss wanted me to do it, and I did it all so discretely that nobody suspected.

When opiates/benzos are on the line, people do some crazy shit. We'd rather not have to deal with that, but it's reality and we must be prepared.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FunkPumpkin For This Useful Post:
bdjackass318, cubenesis, diamondsmiles, FilthyHeathen
Old 07-25-2014, 08:15 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female

Activity Longevity
6/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21524

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkPumpkin View Post
Among numerous other duties, I used to provide security for my brother's medical practice. The doctor had guns pulled on him in the past, so he wanted me to help him better secure the premises. (He does pain management, which is a horrendous pain-in-the-ass. You do it to help the honest folks in need of advanced pain care. But you end up spending at least half the time dealing with the fuckers who are doctor-shopping or selling their meds. )

Now that I'm not working there anymore, when I've spoken with a few patients who are close friends of mine, they say they never even suspected that I was carrying a 9mm pistol in a shoulder rig, a .380 backup pistol, and had an AR-15 securely kept in a discrete yet quickly-accessible location. (The ASP baton on my desk was mostly a paperweight. )

You might be thinking, "Why the fuck would you need all that?" I've been extensively trained on the use of those weapons, as well as trained in tactics to employ them effectively in the defense of myself and others. It was comfortable for me, my boss wanted me to do it, and I did it all so discretely that nobody suspected.

When opiates/benzos are on the line, people do some crazy shit. We'd rather not have to deal with that, but it's reality and we must be prepared.

Thank you for sharing! The worst I saw was a girl going out on a stretcher once.

They should have guns, (the workers)!

We got buzzed in to see the case workers and nurse, but, the doors to the doctors' area was unlocked.

The receptionist was behind plexiglass, (I assume), but, still accessible with a gun.

Ironic that the guy's issue was not being permitted to carry a gun to therapy.

My psychiatrist locker her door, but, it was made of wood and had windows, so she, and all the doctors, were easy targets.

When I worked with personal injury attorneys, a couple of the guys had guns. There was only one instance where a guy went off. I do not think he had a weapon. He was angry his case was taking so long to be tried.

They gave him $100 or $200 and he left happy. Some people just need to talk. Unfortunately, it's when they want to do so.

The Following User Says Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
FunkPumpkin
Old 07-28-2014, 12:37 AM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Female

Activity Longevity
6/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21524

Finally, a picture of the victim, caseworker Theresa Hunt, and a clear one of Plotts!

Plotts has been arraigned at his hospital bed and will face charges of murder and attempted murder. He also had a bunch of guns in his apartment.

Other charges pending.

hunt.jpg  

plotts.jpg  

bdjackass318
Old 07-28-2014, 01:10 AM
ousoonerchic
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:116
~♡♡Girly Girl♡♡~

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 3437 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8652

Social work is dangerous

The Following User Says Thank You to ousoonerchic For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 07-29-2014, 03:18 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Female

Activity Longevity
6/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21524
*Finally, A Picture of Dr. Silverman, the Hero!*

My Dad is a Hero': Daughter of doctor who stopped psychiatric patient's deadly rampage pictured with drawing of her injured father

Dr Lee Silverman shot his patient Richard Plotts on Thursday, after the man went on a rampage and killed his mental caseworker Theresa Hunt, 53

Hunt was shot dead by Plotts after an argument broke out during a consultation with Dr Silverman

Dr Lee Silverman then pulled out his own gun and fired at the patient

Plotts is currently in fair condition and Dr Silverman has been released from hospital

Pictures posted to Facebook show the doctor recovering at home with bandages to his head and hand

By ASHLEY COLLMAN , JOSH GARDNER and MARTIN GOULD IN DARBY, PENNSYLVANIA

ukmailonline.com

27 July 2014

The heroic doctor who stopped a psychiatric patient's deadly rampage at a Philadelphia hospital last week has been pictured for the first time as he heals from his wounds at home.

Dr Lee Silverman used his own gun to shoot down patient Richard Plotts who snapped and shot dead his mental health caseworker Theresa Hunt during a session last Thursday.

But, an armed Dr Silverman stopped Plotts before he could take another victim, by using his own gun to injure the 49 year old mental patient.

Dr Silverman was injured in the shootout, but, has since been released from the hospital. In pictures posted to Facebook,

Silverman is shown wearing a bandage on his head and hand. In another photo, his daughter holds up a drawing of her father.
'My dad is a hero,' she writes above the picture.

Hero doctor: Dr Lee Silverman helped stop a mental patient's deadly rampage by injuring Richard Plotts with a gun shot

Injured: This screen grab shows Dr Silverman being rushed into an ambulance after the Thursday altercation at Mercy Fitzgerald
Hospital

The hospital horror unfolded on Thursday afternoon at approximately 2 PM EST, when patient Plotts arrived at the Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital with Hunt where they met Dr Silverman in an office at the psychiatric unit on the third floor of the hospital.

Once inside, the calamitious series of events began with a heated argument that ended with Hunt being fatally shot in the head, Dr Silverman also suffering a hit to the head and Plotts critically wounded after two gunshot wounds to the torso and one to his arm.

It was Dr. Silverman's quick reaction that saved lives and police have hailed him as a hero for stopping Plotts before he could embark on a gun rampage.

Yeadon Police Chief Donald Molineux said that, 'without a doubt, I believe the doctor saved lives.'

'Without that firearm, this guy, (the patient), could have gone out in the hallway and just walked down the offices until he ran out of ammunition,' the chief said.

Killer Richard Plotts is currently in a fair condition, (upgraded from critical), in hospital in Philadelphia after being shot twice in the torso and once in the arm by Dr. Lee Silverman after he shot dead his caseworker, Theresa Hunt

Whelan identified the caseworker killed Thursday afternoon at Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital as Theresa Hunt, 53.

Hunt, who was from Philadelphia, had accompanied Plotts to an appointment with Silverman at a psychiatric crisis center adjacent to the hospital in Darby, just southwest of Philadelphia, authorities said.

'When the caseworker was shot, (Silverman) crouched down behind the desk to avoid him being shot,' Whelan said.

'He was able to reach for his weapon, and realizing it was a life or death situation, was able to engage the defendant in the exchange of gunfire.'

Various crime scene photos show blood on the floor left after Richard Plotts and Dr. Silverman engaged in a gun duel. Hand prints are believe to be those of Plotts

A broken window is an office is shown, along with the kaos surrounding this incident.

A struggle ensued and spilled out into the hallway, Whelan said. Another doctor and a caseworker jumped in to help Silverman and secure Plotts' weapon, he said.

The motive for the shooting remained unclear late Thursday, although Whelan said Plotts, of Upper Darby, might have had issues with the doctor over his treatment plan.

However, it's unclear if that's why Silverman was armed, apparently against hospital policy.

'We do believe that there were some issues between the doctor and the patient, but whether or not he actually feared him is unclear,' the prosecutor said.

'From all accounts, he would have acted in self-defense.'

As of Sunday, Plotts, 49, was still in fair condition at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, while Silverman had been treated and released.

Telephone calls to the doctor's home went unanswered.

About 100 people were evacuated. The shooting reportedly occurred on a third floor psych ward

Plotts, severely wounded from several shots, emerged from the office, and another doctor and a caseworker helped wrestle him to the floor of the hallway and grabbed his weapon, Whelan said.

'They acted vigilantly. They acted bravely,' he said.

The exchange of gunfire occurred on the third floor of the Wellness Center at Mercy Fitzgerald, a 204 bed community teaching hospital. Authorities said there are no surveillance cameras in the doctor's office or the waiting area outside.

They also said the center had no metal detectors.

Patients waiting in the first floor lobby reported a tense scene when police arrived and ordered everyone out. Most of the patients were elderly.

'I dozed off, and I heard the cop shouting, "Come on, come on, get out!"' said Millicent Russell, of Lansdowne, who was waiting for a 3 p.m. appointment.

'There were people with walkers and canes and stuff. All these cops were outside running here and there with these guns.'
The distraught family of Hunt have vented their fury at her killer online.

Her sister, Martha Trinca, took to Facebook to label Richard Plotts - who was critically wounded by hero Dr. Lee Silverman when he returned fire - a 'SOB' who 'needs to rot in hell forever'.
Anger: This is the message that Theresa Hunts sister, Martha Trinca, posted to Facebook on Saturday expressing her rage at her sister's killer

Tears: Dennis Hunt fought back his emotions as he tried to explain how he will feel and cope with the loss of his sister, Theresa, who was shot dead in Philadelphia on Thursday

The caseworker's devastated brother, Dennis Hunt, said that he was 'angry' at Plotts, 49, for taking Theresa's life, telling reporters that the youngest of nine children was known by her siblings as 'Mother Theresa' for her compassion.

Writing on Facebook about her awful loss, Martha Trinca said that her sister was her 'best friend' and 'I'm glad I told her every time we talked how much I love her!! I will cherish our time together for the rest of my life!!'

Her clearly emotional brother, Dennis, struggled to get through his interview with ABC 6 and said he wants to ask Plotts why he kiled his little sister.

'I want people to remember my sister as someone who was strong and stands up for what she believes in and good hearted... I don't know what to say,' said Dennis to ABC 6.

'I think that doctor who actually was armed, I think was incredible, what he did.'

Later reports stated that Plotts was angry over the, "No Guns," law at the center. He is now the poster boy!

There are some videos here.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz38skV0LjD
Follow us: MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

silverman.jpg  

silvermandaughter.jpg  

huntbrother.jpg  

crimescene1.jpg  

crimescene2.jpg  

crimescene4.jpg  

crimesceme3.jpg  

ambulance.jpg  

kaos1.jpg  

kaos2.jpg  

kaos3.jpg  

kaos4.jpg  

kaos5.jpg  

bdjackass318
Old 08-08-2014, 04:48 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Female

Activity Longevity
6/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21524
*Update* Killer Moved to Prison After Release From Hospital

August 08, 2014

Darby, PA -- The suspect in a shooting on the grounds of the Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital, and was wounded himself, has been released from the hospital and is now behind bars.

Action News has learned 49 year old Richard Plotts was released on Wednesday and is currently being held in the Delaware County prison.

The shooting happened on July 24th in Darby, PA.

Plotts was arraigned a few days after the shooting at his hospital bedside on murder, attempted murder, and related charges.

Investigators say Plotts pulled out a gun inside the Wellness Center and shot his caseworker, Teresa Hunt, killing her.

He also wounded psychiatrist Dr. Lee Silverman, who was carrying his own gun and shot Plotts.

Investigators said Plotts was angry because the hospital posted a sign declaring the building a, 'gun-free zone.'

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
bdjackass318, FunkPumpkin
Old 08-08-2014, 05:50 PM
FavaBeans
Offline:
My Rank: CAPTAIN
Poster Rank:149
Imma Girl=Wills Babygirl✿☠

Quoted: 541 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss6407
Re: Patient Killed Case Worker Before Gunfight With Doctor at Wellness Center

Blood... Gore ...dont make me say the "G" word... ok i`ll sayit.... GAY!!!!!!

Old 08-08-2014, 06:50 PM
FunkPumpkin
Offline:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Poster Rank:375
Contributions: 9

Quoted: 402 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
7/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1928

Quote:
Originally Posted by FavaBeans View Post
Blood... Gore ...dont make me say the "G" word... ok i`ll sayit.... GAY!!!!!!
What's the title of this forum?

"Current Events | In The News".

Maybe when Chris creates a forum titled

"Non-Stop GOREgasm Current Events For People Who Hate Reading",

you won't have to be so bored with other people's contributions. Not every current event story has gore in it. Life just happens that way sometimes.

Old 08-10-2014, 01:11 PM
FavaBeans
Offline:
My Rank: CAPTAIN
Poster Rank:149
Imma Girl=Wills Babygirl✿☠

Quoted: 541 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss6407

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkPumpkin View Post
What's the title of this forum?

"Current Events | In The News".

Maybe when Chris creates a forum titled

"Non-Stop GOREgasm Current Events For People Who Hate Reading",

you won't have to be so bored with other people's contributions. Not every current event story has gore in it. Life just happens that way sometimes.
LOL!..I guess it was "MOVED" while i was commenting... it was still a gay post