Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913
Pastor Shot, Killed During La. Church Service

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/p...rvice-20406763

A Louisiana pastor was fatally shot as he preached to a crowd of more than 60 during a revival service and a suspect has been arrested, law enforcement officials said Saturday.

The shooting at about 8:20 p.m. Friday was at Tabernacle of Praise Worship Center in Lake Charles, Calcasieu Parish Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Kim Myers said Saturday. Sixty-five people were inside at the time, including the victim's wife, said Chief Deputy Stitch Guillory.

Deputies have no information on a motive or on whether the preacher and suspect knew each other, Myers said.

Myers said Pastor Ronald J. Harris Sr. was shot twice by the gunman. The man went into the church while Harris was preaching and "walked up to him and shot him at close range," Myers said. The suspect shot him again when Harris fell to the floor.

The pastor was pronounced dead at the scene.

Woodrow Karey, 53, of Lake Charles is charged with second-degree murder and was held in the parish jail Saturday, Myers said. Karey's bond has been set at $1 million.

The gunman left the church, but Myers said Karey called the sheriff's office and surrendered.

Myers said after picking up Karey, deputies found two guns in a wooded area — one was a shotgun, the other a .22-caliber pistol.

Myers said Karey has no known criminal history.

Myers said deputies were "interviewing everybody who was there at the church."

Family members who answered the telephone Saturday at the Harris home in Lake Charles said there would be no comment. There was no answer at a telephone listing for Karey or at Tabernacle of Praise.

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
preacher1.jpg  

The Following User Says Thank You to Megamel29 For This Useful Post:
kellyhound
Old 09-29-2013, 06:30 PM
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:349
BULL

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1135 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2120
Re: Pastor Shot, Killed During La. Church Service

Don't worry Karey, where your going, nobody will bother you with a Baptist sermon again.

Old 09-29-2013, 08:53 PM
Oswald2001
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:99

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 2766 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss10543

"Praise Jeebus!"

BANG!

"Ouch!"

Old 09-29-2013, 08:55 PM
Metal Mike
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:60
The Untrollable

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 9256 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15388

It begins...

Old 09-29-2013, 09:16 PM
blue devil
Offline:
on the outside looking in
Poster Rank:222
male

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3966

Looks like this holy man just became a bit more holier.

Metal Mike, shoelessjojackson
Old 09-30-2013, 12:05 AM
Metal Mike
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:60
The Untrollable

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 9256 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15388

Nice.

The shooter was a deacon of the same church as the victim, and it was over something personal. Says a lot about "men of the church," don't it?

The Following User Says Thank You to Metal Mike For This Useful Post:
Megamel29
Old 09-30-2013, 08:36 PM
Zambini
Offline:
Instigator Extraordinaire
Poster Rank:53
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 8124 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss17006

The plot thickens:

Sexual relationship between pastor, gunman’s wife being investigated as motive for shooting

LAKE CHARLES, LA (NBC33) — Calcasieu Parish Sheriff Tony Mancuso addressed the media today regarding the case of a pastor who was shot and killed in front of his congregation.

“This is a shooting that took place in front of 60 some people, so it’s going to take time to come to a conclusion,” he said. “It will not just take days but several weeks to get to the truth and the bottom of this.”

Sheriff Mancuso explained that the high-profile and public nature of this crime has led to a number of rumors and interest from the media. He also noted that those rumors prompted a phone call from the FBI.

“There’s a lot of speculation as to what took place and the motive in this case and I’m going to tell you that we are going to proceed with great caution in this investigation,” he said. “You have so many rumors going on that it sometimes clouds the water for our investigation.”

The incident took place on Friday, September 27, at the Tabernacle of Praise Worship Center. Woodrow Karey, Jr., 53, walked into the church and shot Pastor Ronald J. Harris, Sr., twice. He then fled the scene and called law enforcement shortly thereafter.

“It’s my understanding that they were great friends at some point,” Sheriff Mancuso explained. “I’m sure we’re going to get responses from both sides saying that they are great people.”

The possible motive investigators are currently working to confirm is that Pastor Harris was involved in some sort of sexual relationship with Karey’s wife.

“[A week before the actual shooting, Karey] stated that he had received some inappropriate images from his wife to Pastor Harris,” Sheriff Mancuso said. “Then, evidently, he confronted his wife and she filed a rape charge against Pastor Harris on Wednesday, September 25.”

Deputies were unable to interview Pastor Harris regarding the rape allegation before he was shot and killed on Friday.

“That’s where we are in this investigation,” he said. “At this time the charges against Mr. Karey are appropriate based on the information we have.”

Karey is being held in the Calcasieu Parish Correctional Center for Second-Degree Murder. His bond was set at $1 million.

Megamel29
Old 10-01-2013, 02:42 AM
Megamel29
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:283
Female
Contributions: 6

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zambini View Post
The plot thickens:

The possible motive investigators are currently working to confirm is that Pastor Harris was involved in some sort of sexual relationship with Karey’s wife.

“[A week before the actual shooting, Karey] stated that he had received some inappropriate images from his wife to Pastor Harris,” Sheriff Mancuso said. “Then, evidently, he confronted his wife and she filed a rape charge against Pastor Harris on Wednesday, September 25.”
Damn. That will do it.