Go Back  

Pastor Arrested in Route to Koran Burning! 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now

Old 09-12-2013, 05:08 AM
azdesertsnake01
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:640
Male

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871
Pastor Arrested in Route to Koran Burning!

A lot of things chap my ass on a daily basis when it comes to world news. I don't even own a TV because hearing it bombarded at me via the constantly overly dramatic media drives me to the point of jumping off a bridge. I get my news 100% online where I don't feel I'm being screamed at and I get my dose of it as needed.

I don't have to watch hours of news to get a few minutes of what I really need. I haven't had cable in 7 years and am happier for it.

That being said, this piece of news REALLY chaps my ass more than a normal day. I'm no fan of religion personally and blame 90% of the worlds problems on it.

If it weren't for the destruction that religion has done to science over the past few hundred years, we would already be vacationing on planets in other universes. THINK ABOUT THAT ONE BEFORE YOU LAUGH! If you're still laughing, perhaps you don't know the history of the church versus science!

Can your brain even BEGIN to comprehend where we would be if we hadn't lost thousands of years to religious teachings?

That being said, it's total bullshit what's being done to this pastor for the ATTEMPTED burning of qurans.

As the article says, basically he was arrested on trumped up bullshit charges of transporting fuel illegally. Perhaps the first time that charge has ever been put on someone, lol. I'm willing to bet the court rooms aren't clogged with people who committed that crime.

The article says that it is illegal to burn a quran. What bullshit!!! It is 100% legal to burn an American flag in this country but not a goddamned quran? I could rant for countless paragraphs on this subject, but I'm hoping someone else on here will jump in with their feelings on the issue.

To sum it up, an illegal immigrant from Pakistan could be in the U.S. burning an American flag at a public event anywhere in the country and it would be totally allowed. (afterwards he would given everything that our country can offer from food stamps to housing, job, etc.)

However a natural born American standing across the street from him burning a quran would be arrested. There are no proper words in the english dictionary to describe how fucked that is!!!

Is it just me or what the fuck?

Yet we Americans are accused by the world of wanting to destroy islam? While our laws protect them, but NOT us? What the fuck is the U.S. coming to?

I do NOT think quran burning is the best of ideas, however, I can't stand the fact that it is illegal and protected and yet our flag that hundreds of thousands of people have died for is NOT protected! This should offend anyone in any free country or democracy!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-24059408

The Following User Says Thank You to azdesertsnake01 For This Useful Post:
nashmkm
The Following Users Disliked This Post By azdesertsnake01:
shoelessjojackson
Old 09-12-2013, 12:14 PM
dirty ike
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:399
m

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1815
Re: Pastor Arrested in Route to Koran Burning!

When and who the fuck passed a law making burning a quran illegal? Let me guess--was it the muslim in the white house?
Any body know where I can get a quran? I need to stock up on toilet paper.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dirty ike For This Useful Post:
BLT, nashmkm, shoelessjojackson, TwistedPrincess
The Following 4 Users Disliked dirty ike For This Post:
mansonsturtle, Rackas321, rob666, yah
Old 09-12-2013, 12:59 PM
Poster Rank:349
BULL

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1135 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2120

Believe me, no Ethiopian refugee is gonna burn no flag around me, I tell you what, I'll rip the soul outta that sand figger's body.

The Following Users Disliked This Post By shoelessjojackson:
mansonsturtle
Old 09-12-2013, 02:45 PM
Kanda444
Offline:
You holdin....?
Poster Rank:11
Contributions: 23

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Quoted: 20133 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 13/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssss49373

it's just a book... not even a well written one

bdjackass318, dirty ike, Rackas321, shoelessjojackson
Old 09-12-2013, 03:14 PM
dirty ike
Offline:
Poster Rank:399
m

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1815

good point but those assholes hold it in such high regard it just makes sense to defile it as much as possible.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dirty ike For This Useful Post:
Kanda444, nashmkm
Old 09-12-2013, 03:23 PM
Kanda444
Offline:
You holdin....?

Activity Longevity
15/20 13/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssss49373

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty ike View Post
good point but those assholes hold it in such high regard it just makes sense to defile it as much as possible.
i have nothing against burning it because it's just a book. i dont feel any more motivate to burn it then i do the Bible though, which is also just a poorly written fiction book

bdjackass318, dirty ike, invertigo, Megamel29, nashmkm, Rackas321
Old 09-12-2013, 03:45 PM
icheerthebull
Offline:
Poster Rank:290
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2802

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanda444 View Post
i have nothing against burning it because it's just a book. i dont feel any more motivate to burn it then i do the Bible though, which is also just a poorly written fiction book
I disagree, regardless of you agreeing with the sentiments in either both the koran and the bible are very well written

America is just the country that shows how all the written guarantees in the world for freedom are no protection against tyranny and oppression of the worst kind. There the politician has come to be looked upon as the very scum of society - Peter Kropotkin
The Following User Says Thank You to icheerthebull For This Useful Post:
Lana-Banana
Old 09-12-2013, 04:23 PM
Kanda444
Offline:
You holdin....?

Activity Longevity
15/20 13/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssss49373

Quote:
Originally Posted by icheerthebull View Post
I disagree, regardless of you agreeing with the sentiments in either both the koran and the bible are very well written
i dont think they are well written at all the koran is better written than the bible, imo... but both are not well written books in a literary sense, imo.

there are some books that are better then other in the bible but the majority are not strong literary pieces. as works of fiction (which i believe they are, just like any other religious myth story) they are not very good.

dirty ike
Old 09-13-2013, 08:31 AM
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Poster Rank:28
Arse fucker

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730

Here's where i'd normally insert a smartarsed comment like 'Murica, enjoy your hard earned freedoms in your new police state', but i won't. My comments on this site about the gradual erosion of freedom and political sanity in the western world tend to be overlooked, ignored, or misread as racism.
I am well aware that the younger western nations were settled and built by immigrants from different countries, but i firmly beleive that it is modern immigration that is destroying what out forefathers worked so hard to build. It seems as though alot of new immigrants refuse to integrate into the society they have moved to, they refuse to accept the traditions and laws of the country they are now living in. They point blank refuse to accept the culture of their new home.
Now who do we blame? I hate to say it but we must take full responsibility for the way this has turned out. We are too lazy to hold politicians accountable for bad decisions. We are too lazy to monitor the movements and actions of new immigrants. We are too lazy to make it clear they must put more effort into integrating into our society.
When was the last time you set an immigrant straight and told them the way it is in your country, and warned them against bringing their culture to your land? I will bet most of you have never done it, instead you piss and moan about it.
Do you want things to go back to the way it should be? If so then everyone must be more active towards the goal. Lobby local politicians, make petitions and send copies to government, actively support politicians that agree with your goal, pubically condemn and discrace the ones that ignore or oppose it, but do it peacefully.

Burning your nations flag is legal but burning a book is illegal? You can't tell me something evil and unwestern isn't going on.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blewvane For This Useful Post:
dirty ike, lkduke3, Rackas321
Old 09-13-2013, 11:36 AM
lagunasun
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1031

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss405

can someone explain what carrying illegal fuel means?
sounds like the rest of the facts are wrong. under what statute is burning a quoran or koran or what the shitever, illegal?