Contributions: 23

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Quoted: 20147 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
14/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss49399
Re: Parents of Young Transgender Son Share Their Heartwarming Story

yes, let's complain because they didnt force their child to conform to social standards. ffs, who the fuck are you people to say their parenting is incorrect? they did what was best for their child... like every parent should.

diamondsmiles, Kelseecat65, Photoplay, winvens
Old 06-04-2014, 02:05 PM
Kanda444
Offline:
You holdin....?
Poster Rank:11

Activity Longevity
14/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss49399

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cads View Post
It's cool they're very accepting and all but I think they're jumping the gun by about 10+ years by just assuming their little one is transgender so early >_> The kid wont even really have a sexual preference until much later.
this isnt about sexual preference.. this isnt about sex at all... it's about gender identity. it's about the child feeling comfortable in their own body despite what society tells them they should be. has absolutely nothing to do with sex.

kid's not identifying as homosexual but as transgender. huge difference, as im sure you understand.

dean mclean, diamondsmiles, winvens
Old 06-04-2014, 02:09 PM
Kanda444
Offline:
You holdin....?

Activity Longevity
14/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss49399

per wiki:

Quote:
In most Western societies, there exists a gender binary, a social dichotomy that enforces conformance to the ideals of masculinity and femininity in all aspects of gender and sex - gender identity, gender expression and biological sex.
it continues...

Quote:
Gender identity is usually formed by age three and is extremely difficult to change after that. The formation also commonly concludes between the ages of four and six.
more...

Quote:
Studies suggest that children develop gender identity in three distinct stages: as toddlers and preschoolers, they learn about defined characteristics, which are socialized aspects of gender; the second stage is consolidation, in which identity becomes rigid, around the ages of 5–7 years; after this "peak of rigidity," fluidity returns and socially defined gender roles relax somewhat.
(source)

this is right on cue with this child's development. it's sad that so many people talk with such authority about things they dont understand fully. shit isnt always so black and white... and acting like it is (and forcing that idea on children) is a disservice to humanity, imho.

by forcing this child to wait until they are older to make these choices is really to force them to ignore their own developmental stages and to force them into social conformity.

diamondsmiles, sherrimccharles
Old 06-04-2014, 02:24 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21527

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cads View Post
It's cool they're very accepting and all but I think they're jumping the gun by about 10+ years by just assuming their little one is transgender so early >_> The kid wont even really have a sexual preference until much later.
I think we are predetermined to be whatever we are. He may know.

Gay people I know knew what their preference was that young. Transgendered, too.

I met a guy who was becoming female. She was working on the breasts then. Don't know whether she ever completed the genitalia, but, the last time I talked to her, she still loved guys!

How many stories of people have you heard wanting to change back to their original physical sex organs? One or two that I have heard of.

Some have married the opposite sex to, "fit in," to what society expected of them and were miserable.

It saves a lot of time, heartache, emotional issues and sometimes, suicide, to let people be what they feel they are. If one is happy, I say let them be happy. Suicide is permanent.

If Ryland decides he was wrong, which I doubt, no harm done. He seems very happy and I think he is very brave sharing his story.

Kids are sometimes more accepting than their parents.

The Following Users Disliked This Post By diamondsmiles:
winvens
Old 06-04-2014, 02:35 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Female

Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21527

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoelessjojackson View Post
I'm just saying what ever happened to the good ole days, when men were men & gals were gals, that and Super Mario?
It was kept quiet and people had to keep their true indentities hidden so as not to be ridiculed by, "the norm."

Most of those people went on to be famous and laughed their way all the way to the bank.

I still think it all goes back to being secure in your own identity and sexuality so that you can accept everyone else. Those who are not seem to be the miserable ones wanting to make those who choose to be what they are openly miserable, too. Misery loves company!

Time better spent bringing our troops home and ending the violence, poverty and illiteracy than this! Really, haters!

The Following User Says Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
winvens
Old 06-04-2014, 02:39 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Female

Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21527

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrimccharles View Post
Well what I did with each child was just point out which parts they had, and they did the rest. And they just chose accordingly. The boys showed strong desires for boy things and visa versa. Guess they were lucky. Some people aren't.

Wow! Haven't seen you on here in a long time! How are you?

The Following User Says Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
sherrimccharles
Old 06-04-2014, 02:45 PM
K9Grip
Offline:
Ill Saint Hoodrat
Poster Rank:16
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Quoted: 19389 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss40649

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanda444 View Post
this isnt about sexual preference.. this isnt about sex at all... it's about gender identity. it's about the child feeling comfortable in their own body despite what society tells them they should be. has absolutely nothing to do with sex.

kid's not identifying as homosexual but as transgender. huge difference, as im sure you understand.
It might be about sex now and if they just want to let "her" be "her" why do they have to define it? Why not just let the kid be a kid? Why do you have to pick boy or girl at five years old?

We all play with trucks, barbies, dirt, dolls, cowboys, princess and so on as kids, why make her define what she or is not at five? Feelings at the age of five are not concrete and I think they are doing Ryland a huge disservice making him/her chose that at this age.

I think it's dangerous to let kids at that age make such huge decisions. What's wrong with just letting Ryland be and as she/he grows up and is able to have a better understanding of those feelings, decide?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to K9Grip For This Useful Post:
GG57, Kanda444, Kelseecat65
Old 06-04-2014, 02:48 PM
K9Grip
Offline:
Ill Saint Hoodrat
Poster Rank:16
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Quoted: 19389 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss40649

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanda444 View Post
per wiki:

it continues...

more...

(source)

this is right on cue with this child's development. it's sad that so many people talk with such authority about things they dont understand fully. shit isnt always so black and white... and acting like it is (and forcing that idea on children) is a disservice to humanity, imho.

by forcing this child to wait until they are older to make these choices is really to force them to ignore their own developmental stages and to force them into social conformity.
I feel that forcing this child to decide on such a huge issue is detrimental.
I think thinking in the moment is not cool, kids grow up and they change in so many different ways, she's not old enough to know what life will be like in 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, etc. years. Give her time. She may know she is transgendered, but forcing her to state to the world what she is or is not, is piss poor parenting in my opinion.

The Following User Says Thank You to K9Grip For This Useful Post:
Kelseecat65
Old 06-04-2014, 02:55 PM
Kanda444
Offline:
You holdin....?

Activity Longevity
14/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss49399

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Grip View Post
It might be about sex now and if they just want to let "her" be "her" why do they have to define it? Why not just let the kid be a kid? Why do you have to pick boy or girl at five years old?

We all play with trucks, barbies, dirt, dolls, cowboys, princess and so on as kids, why make her define what she or is not at five? Feelings at the age of five are not concrete and I think they are doing Ryland a huge disservice making him/her chose that at this age.

I think it's dangerous to let kids at that age make such huge decisions. What's wrong with just letting Ryland be and as she/he grows up and is able to have a better understanding of those feelings, decide?
that's what they are doing.... letting the child be how the child wants to be. they are simply raising awareness because most parents in America dont agree with them letting their child be who he wants to be.

they arent forcing the child.... far from it. the child is naturally developing just like we all did and is asking for their choices to be respected.

gender identity isnt about sex at all. it's about the child feeling comfortable with themselves and their bodies. my son has no desire to dress like a girl... his sister has no desire to dress like a boy. they know full well what they feel comfortable with, gender wise. why cant every child be afforded that?

diamondsmiles, K9Grip, winvens
Old 06-04-2014, 02:56 PM
Kanda444
Offline:
You holdin....?

Activity Longevity
14/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss49399

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Grip View Post
I feel that forcing this child to decide on such a huge issue is detrimental.
I think thinking in the moment is not cool, kids grow up and they change in so many different ways, she's not old enough to know what life will be like in 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, etc. years. Give her time. She may know she is transgendered, but forcing her to state to the world what she is or is not, is piss poor parenting in my opinion.
that's the thing... they arent forcing anything, they are allowing the child to develop naturally. telling the child 'you dont understand what you're saying so im going to dress you up how i want' would be forcing the child. telling the child 'you want to be like that... go for it. i love you' isnt forcing the child.

diamondsmiles, winvens