Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21528
Parents Sue 3 Boys After Teen Hangs Herself After Rapes & Photos Surface

January 16, 2014

SARATOGA, California — Three teenage boys have admitted to sexually assaulting a 15 year old Northern California girl who later committed suicide after photographs of the attack were circulated to classmates, according to published reports.

The San Jose Mercury News first reported the case, soon followed by the San Francisco Chronicle on Wednesday.

In September, two 16 year old boys admitted in Santa Clara County Juvenile Court to participating in the sexual assault and possessing photos of the girl, Audrie Pott, the newspapers reported, citing documents and other sources. Both crimes are felonies.

In addition, a 17 year old boy admitted to the same two felonies, the papers said.

The boys' names have not been released, but two have been ordered to serve 30 days —during weekends— in juvenile detention, and the third was sentenced to 45 consecutive days. That is in stark contrast to the maximum 10-year sentence they might have received as adults.

Their sentences are also more lenient than those imposed on two 16 year olds in Steubenville, Ohio, who received one and two years in juvenile detention, respectively, in a case that has been widely compared to the Pott case.

Audrie Potts hanged herself on September 10, 2012, eight days after attending a party at a friend's house in Saratoga, California. After drinking Gatorade laced with alcohol, she fell asleep and later woke with her pants off and with lewd comments scribbled all over her body.

In the week following the party, Audrie learned that cellphone photos had been taken of her during the assault and shared through text messages, her family said.

The three defendants have been sued by Audrie's parents, Lawrence and Sheila Pott.

"We cannot publicly comment on any aspect of any criminal proceedings involving these young men," their lawyer, Robert Allard, said in a statement Tuesday.

Christopher Arriola, Santa Clara County's supervising deputy district attorney for juvenile justice, said he was also prohibited from commenting on the case.

Calls and e-mails to the boys' lawyers Tuesday were not returned, according to the Mercury News.

Family photo provided by attorney Robert Allard
AP Photo

I don't get why the perps' names are withheld! I watched a show about this case a week or so ago.

I know some readers will think this is just fine for the three losers! Slaps on the wrists! I hope none of you breed

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
audrie.jpg  

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
BBKF, Darkest Angel, Dragonlady66, gatagato, Iliketurtles, JustifiableHomicide, K9Grip, Kelseecat65, luciddrmr, Megamel29, Oswald2001, Photoplay, Pigeon, Pyramid_Head, shoelessjojackson, Sybil, THELORDABORTION, winvens
Old 01-17-2014, 09:24 PM
Metal Mike
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:60
The Untrollable

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 9256 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15388
Re: Parents Sue 3 Boys After Teen Hangs Herself After Rapes & Photos Surface

See, this is one of those stories that almost makes me feel lucky that I didn't start a family. If something like this were to happen to my daughter, those kids would be crippled for life and I'd be doing a very long bid upstate.

The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to Metal Mike For This Useful Post:
260RS, Azimuth, BBKF, Blewvane, candice81, coverdale0, cupcake725, Da1, Darkest Angel, Desensitisation, diamondsmiles, Flaka, gatagato, hooverj, K9Grip, Katheryne, Kelseecat65, MadCore, Megamel29, pbaj12, pieandsauce, Pyramid_Head, pyromancer555, rapeWhistle, shinycatcreations, Sybil, winvens, Zelner5246
Old 01-17-2014, 10:01 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21528

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Mike View Post
See, this is one of those stories that almost makes me feel lucky that I didn't start a family. If something like this were to happen to my daughter, those kids would be crippled for life and I'd be doing a very long bid upstate.
The difference here, Mike, is that you have feelings.

I was referring to some people who post here and think bullying is just a joke and a game, or the deceased was, "crazy." or, "a big baby."

This is slightly above, or equal to, bullying, to me.

Your opinion is normal, again, in my opinion, and we've seen cases where the parents of a victim do take the law into their own hands and are punished for it.

I never gave birth or have been pregnant, but, I have those maternal feelings about my nieces and nephews and get involved in bullying at the playground by bigger kids on smaller kids.

I don't get it

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
Dragonlady66, MadCore, Mizz_Russia, winvens
Old 01-17-2014, 11:33 PM
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:104

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 4830 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss9575

Damn.. She was hot.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JustifiableHomicide For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, rapeWhistle
Old 01-17-2014, 11:39 PM
BBKF
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:654
Female

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss838

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustifiableHomicide View Post
Damn.. She was hot.
Yeah, she was!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BBKF For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, Oswald2001
Old 01-18-2014, 12:23 AM
Katheryne
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:6532
Female

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss20

She was VERY pretty. I'm surprised something like this happened to her. I mean, the pretty girls didn't usually have to worry about being bullied or raped because they were generally "popular". Times have definitely changed...this is so very sad.

diamondsmiles, winvens
The Following Users Disliked This Post By Katheryne:
Vera Wang
Old 01-18-2014, 12:45 AM
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3102

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katheryne View Post
She was VERY pretty. I'm surprised something like this happened to her. I mean, the pretty girls didn't usually have to worry about being bullied or raped because they were generally "popular". Times have definitely changed...this is so very sad.
That's what I was thinking, I was kinda surprised she was so attractive. I feel like that's an awful thing to say because no one deserves to be bullied, but usually the bullied one's aren't as pretty as she was.
Just some jealous little bitches that were mad she went out with someone they went out with. Sometimes it's almost as hard being attractive as it is ugly. Not to toot my own horn, because I'm not conceited AT ALL, but I had a friend stop hanging out with me because one of their boyfriends liked me. Another friend stopped hanging with me because I guess I took attention away from her. It kinda sucked not having too many girlfriends. Most of my friends were guys in my teenage years. I was bullied in elementary school for being white ( in an almost all black school) but that was about it.
Now I'm a loner with my husband and animals and no girlfriends lol.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shinycatcreations For This Useful Post:
BBKF, coverdale0, diamondsmiles, winvens
Old 01-18-2014, 03:47 AM
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Poster Rank:28
Arse fucker

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730

30 days of weekend detention is a joke, what happened to punishment fitting the crime?

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Blewvane For This Useful Post:
Agapeti, Azimuth, BBKF, coverdale0, cupcake725, diamondsmiles, invertigo, K9Grip, Kelseecat65, MadCore, Megamel29, Pigeon, pyromancer555, winvens
Old 01-18-2014, 02:06 PM
Shakey
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:18
MAN

Mentioned: 449 Post(s)
Quoted: 21517 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
17/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss37823

I don't get why you would kill yourself over this.

The Following User Says Thank You to Shakey For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
The Following 3 Users Disliked Shakey For This Post:
cupcake725, exKitten, Sybil
Old 01-18-2014, 02:28 PM
clndstn46
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2053

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss141

they know they can get away with it.
You'd think something that directly results in a girls death would have a heavier punishment.
Like What. The. Fuck.

Prettier girls may not be bullied as much but all types of girls get raped regardless of appearance or race or whatever. I think rape is definitely above bullying but bullying can range from getting tripped occasionally to absolutely horrific things that make you want to shoot up a school or something. Either way I think we can all agree both are terrible.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to clndstn46 For This Useful Post:
cupcake725, diamondsmiles, Dragonlady66, invertigo, Pigeon, THELORDABORTION, winvens