Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21527
Parents Arrested After Allegedly Forcing Girl, 5, to OD on Soda

BY M. ALEX JOHNSON
msnnews.com

February 6, 2014

A Tennessee couple were held on a half million dollars bond Thursday after they were charged with killing their 5 year old daughter by forcing her to drink almost three quarters of a gallon of grape soda and water as punishment.

In indictments unsealed Monday, a Hawkins County grand jury charged Mary Lavonne Vaughn, 58, and Randall Lee Vaughn, 41, of the town of Surgoinsville with first degree murder, aggravated child abuse and two counts of aggravated child neglect each.

A court appearance was scheduled for Friday.

The Vaughns remained in the Hawkins County Jail this morning on $500,000 bond. They were arrested Wednesday and were scheduled to make their first court appearance Friday.

Little Alexa Linboom died in January, 2012, but it took almost two years for medical examiners and forensics experts to rule her death a homicide by acute fluid/water intoxication causing hyponatremic encephalopathy. In other words, she drank so much fluid that it poisoned her.

Randall Vaughn was Alexa's biological father, and Mary Vaughn was her stepmother.

The Hawkins County Sheriff Department said in a statement that its investigation revealed that Alexa had been told to stop drinking her stepmother's grape soda. When she was caught drinking some again, it said, she was forced to drink 2.4 liters — about 81 ounces — of the soda and water in a period of one to two hours.

Third Judicial District Attorney, Berkley Bell, told the Times-News of Kingsport, that the Vaughns "also failed to take care of the child once she was injured," saying they didn't talk her to a hospital until, "several hours after the child started exhibiting serious symptoms, after the child was screaming out in pain, went into a paralyzed state and became unconscious."

Alexa lived in the home with five other childen, all of whom are now in foster care, the Times-News reported.

**Another Take**

Girl, 5, Dies From Being Forced to Drink Soda

Associated Press

SURGIONSVILLE, TN — An East Tennessee couple faces a murder charge, accused of forcing the man's 5 year old daughter to drink more than 2 liters of grape soda and water, causing her brain to swell and rupture, authorities said.

According to the Hawkins County Sheriff's Office and the autopsy report, Alexa Linboom was brought in to the emergency room on January 1, 2012, by her father, Randall Vaughn, and his wife, Mary Vaughn.

The girl was blue and unresponsive with, "an abnormal body posture that indicates severe brain damage," according to the autopsy, which was completed in July, 2013.

The Vaughns were arrested on Wednesday and were being held at the Hawkins County Jail on a $500,000 bond each. Officials did not know whether the Vaughns had hired an attorney. Their arraignment was scheduled for Friday morning.

An investigation revealed the girl had been forced to drink approximately 2.4 liters of water and soda over one to two hours as punishment. The massive intake of fluid caused her brain to swell and herniate.

According to the autopsy, when she was forced to drink all that liquid, she began vomiting, urinated on herself and asked to take a bath.

"Outside of the bathtub, she tried to eat oatmeal with assistance then started clenching her hands." She arrived at the hospital about 2 to 3 hours later.

"Caretakers told hospital staff that during the ride to the hospital, she sat up in the vehicle and played patty cake," according to the autopsy.

She was transported by air to a regional hospital where she was pronounced brain dead two days later.

The autopsy states that the girl had moved to Tennessee to live with her father about three months before her death. The move was prompted by allegations of neglect at her previous home.

A pediatric checkup about three months before her death had shown no significant problems. She was taken to an outpatient clinic about a month before her death for excessive thirst, urination and eating, but nothing was found to be wrong with her.

According to the autopsy, "Other adults who had regular contact with the child before and after her move to Tennessee describe her as a normal, healthy child and did not notice any unusual eating, drinking habits and that she did not wet her pants at school."

An obituary for the child said, "Some of the things that brought enjoyment to her life was coloring, playing with her Barbie dolls, her love of animals, but her most joy came when playing with her brothers and sisters."

Tennessee Department of Children's Services spokesman. Rob Johnson, confirmed that Alexa had lived in the home with five other children, some of whom were siblings and some of whom were half-siblings. The other children were removed from the house in February, 2013, and remain in DCS custody.

Beautiful 5 year old Alexa Linboom, who had a miserable short life :disgust
Hideous Randall Lee Vaughn
EEEK!Mary Lavonne Vaughn
Hawkins County Sheriff's Office

I have heard of cases of fraternities having pledges stand on benches in locker rooms drinking gallons of water until they cannot drink any more or pass out.

They are not allowed to empty their bladders during the process. Some have died from a kind of, "internal drowning," if you will.

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
alexa.jpg  

scum2.jpg  

scum3.jpg  

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
BBKF, Darkest Angel, invertigo, K9Grip, Kanda444, Kelseecat65, Megamel29, Pink., Pyramid_Head
Old 02-07-2014, 02:04 AM
Nasty Nuggets
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1028

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 9/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss406
Re: Parents Arrested After Allegedly Forcing Girl, 5, to OD on Soda

Attractive couple...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nasty Nuggets For This Useful Post:
BBKF, diamondsmiles, winvens
Old 02-07-2014, 02:16 AM
Megamel29
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:283
Female
Contributions: 6

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

Another child failed multiple times by those who were supposed to take care of her. Sickening. Poor baby.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Megamel29 For This Useful Post:
BBKF, BLVCK, deanmine, diamondsmiles, K9Grip, Kanda444, Kelseecat65, Pink.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:32 AM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21527

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nuggets View Post
Attractive couple...
That's his cougar!

One person's trash is another's treasure!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
invertigo, Pink.
Old 02-07-2014, 03:16 AM
invertigo
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:258
I need a nap =|
Contributions: 43

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 891 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3276

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsmiles View Post
They are not allowed to empty their bladders during the process. Some have died from a kind of, "internal drowning," if you will.
It's called 'water intoxication', and it's caused by an extreme electrolyte imbalance which in turn causes disruption of brain function.

(You might remember that 'hold your wee for a wii' radio contest that killed the winning contestant 3 days after she won the damn thing Put the DJ's in hot water, too. Multiple health professionals called in to warn them the contest was dangerous, and the assholes just ignored them!)

BBKF, diamondsmiles, Kanda444, Pink., rapeWhistle, winvens
Old 02-07-2014, 03:26 AM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Female

Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21527

Quote:
Originally Posted by invertigo View Post
It's called 'water intoxication', and it's caused by an extreme electrolyte imbalance which in turn causes disruption of brain function.

(You might remember that 'hold your wee for a wii' radio contest that killed the winning contestant 3 days after she won the damn thing Put the DJ's in hot water, too. Multiple health professionals called in to warn them the contest was dangerous, and the assholes just ignored them!)

Thank you, as always, invertigo, for the appropriate name for too much water in your body.

No. I missed the radio contest story.

The Following User Says Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
invertigo
Old 02-07-2014, 03:26 AM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Female

Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21527

Quote:

Thank you, as always, invertigo, for the appropriate name for too much water in your body.

No. I missed the radio contest story.

Old 02-07-2014, 03:45 AM
invertigo
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:258
I need a nap =|
Contributions: 43

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 891 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3276

I doubt these idiots knew what they were doing, and it is a parents job to enforce consequences when their child breaks a rule (even a stupid rule like 'don't drink this soda') but punishing children with food is never a good idea. When I was six my mother tried to put Tabasco sauce in my mouth for swearing, and instead it got in my eyes- that shit burned for hours
Lucky for me, my mom felt so terrible about it, I never got more than a verbal reprimand for cussing after that.

That poor girl, getting bounced around from one shitty parent to the next...

BBKF, diamondsmiles, Kelseecat65, Pink., winvens
Old 02-07-2014, 04:11 AM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Female

Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21527

Quote:
I doubt these idiots knew what they were doing, and it is a parents job to enforce consequences when their child breaks a rule (even a stupid rule like 'don't drink this soda') but punishing children with food is never a good idea. When I was six my mother tried to put Tabasco sauce in my mouth for swearing, and instead it got in my eyes- that shit burned for hours
Lucky for me, my mom felt so terrible about it, I never got more than a verbal reprimand for cussing after that.

That poor girl, getting bounced around from one shitty parent to the next...

It's horrible that some incubators treat children worse than some people treat stray animals

The food torture has been going on for years. I remember an awful story, and they seem to single out one child more than the others, in which the mother kept the daughter chained nude to the leg of a table and forcefed her lard.

I believe she was beaten and possibly shot. The mother took the bullet out and left her in a bathtub bleeding.

She and another sister died. They were left by railroad tracks.

One sister escaped or left and has gone public on all the crime shows.

Sylvia Lykens was another horrible case, the child that was singled out by a creature who was supposed to be babysitting while her parents were on the road with the circus. Tortured by the creature, her children and neighborhood children. Raped with soda bottles until she could not hold her urine, kept on an uncovere mattress in a cold basement and found in a fetal position undernourished.

Richard Trenton Chase was fed piles of mashed potatoes and denied his meds. He became a serial killer.

And these are only the ones that immediately come to mind and made the news!

So, so sad, especially when there are so many ways to keep from having unwanted children or giving them to caring families who want them

I don't search for these kind of stories, or any stories in particular, they all find me

I forget where you live, but, it's 3:12 AM here, so good morning

Old 02-07-2014, 04:19 AM
deanmine
Offline:
They Lied. There ALL LIES
Poster Rank:221
<--We did it. So Can You
Contributions: 48

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 818 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 8/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss3968

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsmiles View Post
Iv always known it to be called "extra non-thisty" boy do i feel silly.... and btw FUCK THEM PARENTS SOMETHING BAD.. its not even "soda" its water thats carbonated less the caffeen... its like giger ale to an alcky..(holic)