Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21520
PA School Bus Driver Accused of Forcing Kids Off

<object id="otvPlayer" width="400" height="268"><param name="movie" value="http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/static/flash/embeddedPlayer/swf/otvEmLoader.swf?version=fw1000&station=wpvi&sectio n=&mediaId=9479674&cdnRoot=http://cdn.abclocal.go.com&webRoot=http://abclocal.go.com&configPath=/util/&site=" ></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param>
<embed id="otvPlayer" width="400" height="268" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allownetworking="all" allowfullscreen="true"
src="http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/static/flash/embeddedPlayer/swf/otvEmLoader.swf?version=fw1000&station=wpvi&sectio n=&mediaId=9479674&cdnRoot=http://cdn.abclocal.go.com&webRoot=http://abclocal.go.com&configPath=/util/&site="></embed></object>

Action News

DARBY, PA - March 25, 2014 (WPVI) -- A Delaware County school bus driver is facing serious charges after police say he abandoned a number of children at random locations - some of the kids as young as 5.

55 year old, Wesner Laventure, of the 3300 block of Laurel Road, in Sharon Hill, is charged with Child Endangerment and Recklessly Endangering Another Person.

Darby Borough Police say the incident came to their attention when a concerned mother contacted authorities after her 5 year old son was never dropped off at the bus stop.

The woman says the bus arrived at the scheduled bus stop 30 minutes late and only with a fraction of the normal amount of children getting off - none of which were her child.

After speaking with some of the children, the woman learned that the bus driver had allegedly forced many of the children off the bus at different locations.

Once called, police began to comb the area.

The investigation revealed at least 17 children, ranging in ages from 5-12, were forced off the bus.

Officers went to the bus depot where they learned a number of worried parents had called wondering about the whereabouts of their children.

The bus depot manager told officers that attempts to contact Laventure had been unsuccessful, and that the driver had failed to make a scheduled pick up in West Philadelphia.

Patrol officers began locating several children from the bus in various locations - none of which were dropped off at their scheduled stop.

The children told officers that the bus driver had dropped them off because, "he had to go do something," police say.

As for the child of the woman who initially notified police, he was found scared but in good health.

Police say Laventure made three stops.

The first stop was made on a busy street. Not knowing where they were or how to get home, police say the children who were forced off were scared, and some claimed they tried to get back on the bus, but that the bus driver refused to let them on and drove away.

Several children refused to get off the bus. So, Laventure allegedly drove to the intersection of 9th and Main Streets, where he attempted to force the children off again. He then drove to 12th and Main Streets. where some of the children got out.

Neither intersection was a scheduled stop.

Police say two older students assisted in helping many of the younger children.

When taken into custody, Laventure allegedly told officers that he saw nothing wrong with what he did and that it is common practice.

Laventure has since been released after posting 10 percent of $20,000 bail.

The investigation continues.

Our news also stated the man driving the bus was a maintenance worker and was told to drive the bus!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
BBKF, Photoplay, TwistedSisterr
Old 03-25-2014, 06:51 PM
TwistedSisterr
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:427
Tenacious Bigmouth
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 619 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1601
Re: PA School Bus Driver Accused of Forcing Kids Off

ok id be mad to if i was mom, but i would never agree to drive that many noisy little kids around ever...... he probably had it and kicked them off wrong yes, but if you have ever driven by a stopped school bus and heard the deafening screams and noise, then one could kinda understand

The Following User Says Thank You to TwistedSisterr For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 03-25-2014, 07:57 PM
Shakey
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:18
MAN

Mentioned: 445 Post(s)
Quoted: 21385 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
18/20 14/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss37627

The guy is a dumbass.

The Following User Says Thank You to Shakey For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 03-25-2014, 08:48 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21520

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedSisterr View Post
ok id be mad to if i was mom, but i would never agree to drive that many noisy little kids around ever...... he probably had it and kicked them off wrong yes, but if you have ever driven by a stopped school bus and heard the deafening screams and noise, then one could kinda understand
I know even a handful can be loud, but, that was his job and he should not have taken it, if he couldn't handle the noise.

He's lucky none of the children were killed!

The Following User Says Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
TwistedSisterr
Old 03-25-2014, 08:52 PM
TwistedSisterr
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:427
Tenacious Bigmouth
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 619 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsmiles View Post
I know even a handful can be loud, but, that was his job and he should not have taken it, if he couldn't handle the noise.

He's lucky none of the children were killed!
I thought he was maintenance?
either way i know its wrong...... I commend bus drivers, day in and day out they haul those noisy little heathens to and from school... an school buses are comparable to bars when your little I learned a huge vocabulary from the bus! but yes diamond, lol its wrong and definitely something I could NEVER do..... I would be the one missing!

The Following User Says Thank You to TwistedSisterr For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 03-25-2014, 09:44 PM
BBKF
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:654
Female

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss838

I wonder if the maintenance worker has a license to drive a school bus, if not...he is big trouble and so is the party that told him to drive the bus.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BBKF For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, TwistedSisterr
Old 03-25-2014, 10:18 PM
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:104

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 4830 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss9575