Quoted: 4581 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11725
Re: Outrage Over Nazi Christmas Tree Decorations Auction

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralucagymnast View Post
I actually like them to be honest; and yeah they are a part of history, however distasteful that history may have been so.....hey do you think those Black Isis flags will one day be sought after lol?
ISIS is going all out

T-shirts and hoodies branded with the “ISIS” (Islamic State of Iraq and Syria) emblem are available to buy online for supporters of the extremist group for only $7, according to the Huffington Post, prompting concerns from social media networks.

The products are being sold by the Indonesia-based Zira Moslem Merch on their various Facebook pages and even on their website.

The online merchandise website labels itself as an "Islamic style movement" and also offers shirts with slogans such as “Muslim Brotherhood,” "F**k Israel," "Pray for Gaza" and "Mujahedeen Around The World United We Stand."

Since the beginning of June, ISIS has gained control of many swathes of Iraqi territories including Mosul, the country’s second largest city. Their main objective is to fight the Shiite government of Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki.

A page on Facebook named “Kaos Islamic State of Iraq and Sham,” which was launched in the past 24 hours, also sells ISIS embedded products

According to Fox News, many Facebook pages selling the items were closed down after the news organization made queries as to why they are not certified. However, new ones began to spring up.

One page, believed to be the original Zira Moslem page, generated more than 9,000 likes before it was removed.

Facebook spokesman Israel Hernandez said in a statement: “At Facebook, we have rules that bar direct statements of hate, attacks on private individuals and groups and the promotion of terrorism.”

He added: “We have a team of professional investigators both here in the U.S. and abroad who enforce these rules. Where hateful content is posted and reported, Facebook removes it and disables accounts of those responsible.”

What is unknown is whether the merchandise is successfully being sold or whether ISIS is making a profit from this.

The militants noted another victory on Monday when Sunni tribes announced they were in negotiations to hand over the only major border crossing between Iraq and Jordan to them.

30564U, Oswald2001, ralucagymnast, Sharon
Old 11-16-2014, 01:03 PM
ralucagymnast
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:289

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1032 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2812

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post
ISIS is going all out

T-shirts and hoodies branded with the “ISIS” (Islamic State of Iraq and Syria) emblem are available to buy online for supporters of the extremist group for only $7, according to the Huffington Post, prompting concerns from social media networks.

The products are being sold by the Indonesia-based Zira Moslem Merch on their various Facebook pages and even on their website.

The online merchandise website labels itself as an "Islamic style movement" and also offers shirts with slogans such as “Muslim Brotherhood,” "F**k Israel," "Pray for Gaza" and "Mujahedeen Around The World United We Stand."

Since the beginning of June, ISIS has gained control of many swathes of Iraqi territories including Mosul, the country’s second largest city. Their main objective is to fight the Shiite government of Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki.

A page on Facebook named “Kaos Islamic State of Iraq and Sham,” which was launched in the past 24 hours, also sells ISIS embedded products

According to Fox News, many Facebook pages selling the items were closed down after the news organization made queries as to why they are not certified. However, new ones began to spring up.

One page, believed to be the original Zira Moslem page, generated more than 9,000 likes before it was removed.

Facebook spokesman Israel Hernandez said in a statement: “At Facebook, we have rules that bar direct statements of hate, attacks on private individuals and groups and the promotion of terrorism.”

He added: “We have a team of professional investigators both here in the U.S. and abroad who enforce these rules. Where hateful content is posted and reported, Facebook removes it and disables accounts of those responsible.”

What is unknown is whether the merchandise is successfully being sold or whether ISIS is making a profit from this.

The militants noted another victory on Monday when Sunni tribes announced they were in negotiations to hand over the only major border crossing between Iraq and Jordan to them.

Gotta love those Muslim capitalists eh?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ralucagymnast For This Useful Post:
30564U, deanmine, Oswald2001, TheVrist
Old 11-16-2014, 01:08 PM
ralucagymnast
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:289

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1032 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2812

The greatest hero of the Mujahadeen was Ahmad Shah Massoud ; he was the only one the Taliban couldnt destroy; he was killed eventually by Al Quaeda, blown up by two suicide bombers disguised as journalists, under the pretext of an interview for them; they were carrying explosives strapped under their belt.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmad_Shah_Massoud

The Following User Says Thank You to ralucagymnast For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001
Old 11-16-2014, 01:12 PM
rapeWhistle
Offline:
Hand of the King
Poster Rank:15
Standing by...
Contributions: 53

Mentioned: 481 Post(s)
Quoted: 21643 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
17/20 13/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss40918

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid_Head View Post
People need to stop being pussies. These items are apart of history and should be sitting in a museum.
Exactly.

They're leftover baubles from the side that lost the war.

Nothing more, nothing less.

We don't flip-out over Japanese or Soviet decorations.

i'm not sure i'd have the patience to deal with an aging pig.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rapeWhistle For This Useful Post:
30564U, Oswald2001, Pyramid_Head, Sharon
Old 11-16-2014, 01:53 PM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4581 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11725

If people want to get all bent out of shape over nazi historical symbolic items. They should feel the same about anything symbolically in reference too historical Christianity.

30564U, commondenom
Old 11-16-2014, 05:41 PM
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6773 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13677

I can see why it's caused some to object in the Czech Republic. That symbol represents a lot of killing and suffering in that country.

But at the same time, they are historical items, and nobody is being hurt. I'm sure they sold well. I wouldn't mind having some authentic Nazi medallion of some sort. I wouldn't hang it on my wall or anything though.

Old 11-16-2014, 05:51 PM
niknik
Offline:
Conservative OG

Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13677

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post
If people want to get all bent out of shape over nazi historical symbolic items. They should feel the same about anything symbolically in reference too historical Christianity.
I think there's plenty of people who get bent out of shape over Christian symbols, especially historic ones. Like most of the Muslim world.
I think a better comparison would be the Nazi symbols and the confederate symbol, at least among Americans. Obviously in some countries the Nazi symbol represents horrors that happened in the streets of their cities, where family photos on the walls are a reminder of what Nazi's took from them.

Old 11-16-2014, 06:16 PM
Oswald2001
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:99

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 2767 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss10544

No difference from Japanese and German captured weapons, uniforms, medals, regalia, etc.

I would like to see them go to a museum though.

Old 11-16-2014, 07:05 PM
Illusion
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:27
Contributions: 23

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Quoted: 10963 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
14/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25942

You know the Germans always make quality stuff.

The Following User Says Thank You to Illusion For This Useful Post:
Arkoquisa
Old 11-16-2014, 07:08 PM
niknik
Offline:
Conservative OG

Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13677

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr black View Post
You know the Germans always make quality stuff.
No shit. Probably hand made.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to niknik For This Useful Post:
30564U, winvens