Poster Rank:1692

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss193
Re: Oscar Pistorius Shoots Girlfriend

I know this is bad but hopefully we'll see some pics soon.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Danscape For This Useful Post:
AlphaX, ldelgadillo
Old 02-17-2013, 05:58 AM
chefbob09
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:243
Male

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 326 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3577

The latest development into the investigation surrounding the shooting death of model Reeva Steenkamp has centred on a bloodied cricket bat found in the home of her boyfriend and alleged attacker, Oscar Pistorius.

Eyewitness News reported that City Press alleged that the cricket bat was at the centre of the murder investigation against the star athlete.

Police were investigating two possibilities: that the cricket bat was used by Steenkamp to defend herself or that Pistorius used it to break down the bathroom door to get access to where Steenkamp was hiding.

According to police sources, the first shot was fired in the bedroom and that the other three were fired at her through the bathroom door.

A friend of Pistorius, Justin Divaris, told the Mirror Online that Pistorius had called him first after the shooting.

Divaris said Pistorius was shocked at his actions and was barely making sense over the phone.

Pistorius was said to break down frequently during his court appearance on Friday and family described his emotional state as “numb” with shock and grief.

Oscar Pistorius’s father has told a UK newspaper that he believed his son acted on instinct and shot dead his girlfriend by mistake, thinking she was an intruder.

Henke Pistorius, 59, said he had “zero doubt” about his son’s innocence, reported the Telegraph.

"When you are a sportsman, you act even more on instinct," he said. "It's instinct - things happen and that's what you do."

He said his whole family was "heart and soul" behind Pistorius and would do "whatever needs to be done" to help him clear his name.

The family have made a statement about the case to the media, in which was claimed that Pistorius and Steenkamp had become very close and had future plans together.

“Oscar was happier in his private life than he had been for a long time,” the statement went. The family strongly refuted any suggestion of premeditated murder.

It was also reported by Beeld on Saturday that Pistorius tried to save Steenkamp’s life shortly after she was shot.

Security guards and neighbours who rushed to his home early on Valentine’s Day say him running down the stairs with Steenkamp in his arms. Blood spatters on the wall also indicated that her heart was still beating.

Sources told how Pistorius tried to save her life using mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.

Another source claimed that Steenkamp was sitting on the toilet when she was shot.

South African police have found a bloodied cricket bat at the home of Oscar Pistorius, a local newspaper reported Sunday, following the Valentine's Day killing of his model girlfriend.

The star Olympian and Paralympian athlete was charged on Friday with the murder of 29-year-old Reeva Steenkamp who was shot dead at his luxury Pretoria home in a case that has gripped the world.

Police sources close to the investigation told the independent City Press newspaper that Steenkamp's skull had been "crushed".

"There was lots of blood on the bat," one source told the paper.

Police are investigating whether the bat was used to assault Steenkamp, who was shot four times in the early hours of Thursday, or if she used it to defend herself.

Police have dismissed initial suggestions that Pistorius, 26, could have mistaken Steenkamp for an intruder, and City Press said she was wearing a nightie at the time of the killing.

"The suspicion is that the first shot, in the bedroom, hit her in the hip. She then ran and hid herself in the toilet... He fired three more shots," a police source told City Press.

Pistorius - a national icon who inspired people around the world when he became the first double amputee to compete against able-bodied athletes in the Olympic Games last year - is spending the weekend in a police cell after being charged with murder.

He is due to apply for bail at a new court hearing on Tuesday, the same day a memorial service will be held for his slain girlfriend.

Pistorius, who had been going out with Steenkamp since late last year, faces a life sentence if convicted of premeditated murder, as alleged by state prosecutors.

His family have indicated that the star athlete, who broke down sobbing during his initial court appearance on Friday, would plead not guilty.

"We have no doubt there is no substance to the allegation and that the state's own case, including its own forensic evidence, strongly refutes any possibility of a premeditated murder or indeed any murder at all," his uncle Arnold Pistorius said in a statement on Saturday.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chefbob09 For This Useful Post:
Faline, gatagato, kellyhound
Old 02-17-2013, 10:16 PM
Sargeon
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:11579
Male

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss6

Its interesting just how much info the SA legal system lets them publish; I'm sure in Britain lots of these lurid little titbits would be sub judice.
Not sure how I feel about it... Can't be nice for her family though

The Following User Says Thank You to Sargeon For This Useful Post:
Clubhouse
Old 02-18-2013, 03:23 AM
Nite
Offline:
Retarded Genius
Poster Rank:3

Mentioned: 384 Post(s)
Quoted: 16128 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
11/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss88610

Oh look another lunatic South African, go figure

Old 02-19-2013, 07:01 AM
jinhwangtikatang
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:913

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss501

Legally speaking,he hasn't got a leg to stand on.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:30 AM
chefbob09
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:243
Male

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 326 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3577

update from whats going on in sa with this today

In a statement issued on Tuesday, Oakley said: In light of the recent allegations, Oakley is suspending its contract with Oscar Pistorius, effective immediately. Our hearts are with the families during this difficult time and we'll continue to follow the developments in this tragic case.

Oakley's decision follows hot on the heels of Nike's confirmation on Monday that they have no plans to use Pistorius in future ad campaigns after the "Blade Runner" was charged with murder in the shooting death of his girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp, on February 14.

Nike also removed their "Bullet in a chamber" ad from Pistorius' website.

Pretoria - The magistrate in the Oscar Pistorius bail hearing has ruled that Pistorius is facing a schedule six offence, which will make it unlikely that he will be granted bail.

Magistrate Desmond Nair told the Pretoria Magistrate's Court on Tuesday that he could not completely rule out pre-meditation, and for the purposes of the bail hearing, the court will class it as a schedule six offence.

This means Pistorius must prove exceptional circumstances exist for him to be granted bail.

He added that this could change by the end of the bail hearing should evidence warrant that.

The court was then adjourned.

Pretoria - Oscar Pistorius denied murdering his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp on the morning of Valentine's Day, in an affidavit read out to the Pretoria Magistrate's Court on Tuesday.

"I deny the allegation in the strongest terms. Nothing can be further from the truth," said the affidavit read by Pistorius's lawyer advocate Barry Roux.

Pistorius had been teary the whole morning, but when the affidavit, marked "Exhibit A" was produced during his bail application, he began sobbing, his body shaking.

Gift

His brother Carl held his back and placed his hand over his head, passing him an energy drink as Roux read that Steenkamp had given Pistorius a Valentine's Day present and he "couldn't have been happier".

"She gave me a present for Valentine's and told me to open it the next day," the affidavit said.

On the eve of Valentine's Day, Steenkamp would have gone out with her friends, and he with his, the court heard.

They decided to have a quiet dinner.

Magistrate Desmond Nair had to pause proceedings briefly as Pistorius wept saying to him: "Just maintain your composure. Apply your mind."

He warned the media not to take photographs.

Pistorius said in his affidavit, he and Steenkamp got into bed and they fell asleep.

Death threats

"I have received death threats before," the affidavit continued.

He kept a 9mm firearm under his bed.

Pistorius, a double amputee, who runs on carbon fibre blades, said he had mobility on stumps, and could walk on them.

He said intruders were in the toilet. He heard a noise and was "filled with horror and fear".

He heard someone in the bathroom.

"As I didn't have my prosthetic legs on I was vulnerable," the affidavit continued.

"I fired a shot at the toilet door and shouted to Reeva to call the police," he said.

"I felt extremely vulnerable as I didn't have my prosthetic legs on and knew I had to protect myself and Reeva," the affidavit continued.

"When I reached the bed, I realised Reeva wasn't in the bed."

He said he tried to open the bathroom door, but it was locked, and went to the balcony to scream for help.

He put "on" his legs, and broke the door open with a cricket bat, got a key and opened it.

"Reeva was slumped over but alive."

He carried her downstairs to take her to hospital and a doctor in the complex arrived.

"She died in my arms."

Bail

"I trust the South African legal system and the facts will show that I did not murder Reeva."

Pistorius said in the statement that he is not a flight risk, will not interfere with witnesses, has no previous convictions and is not disposed to violence. His continued incarceration will be of "no benefit" to the State.

Pretoria - Paralympian Oscar Pistorius' application for bail was postponed until Wednesday after the Pretoria Magistrate's Court heard that he had not intended to kill his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp.

"You will remain in custody until the court reconvenes at 09:00 tomorrow," Magistrate Desmond Nair said on Tuesday afternoon.

The postponement was to give the legal teams time to respond to affidavits presented to the court, and to ask questions, Nair said.

Pistorius will spend another night in a police cell in Pretoria, following his emotional day in court.

The application for him to be detained in the Brooklyn police station's holdings cells, instead of in a prison, expires on Wednesday.

"We will extend the application if we don't finish," said his attorney Kenny Oldwage.

Steenkamp's funeral was held in Port Elizabeth, about 1 100km from Pretoria, on Tuesday morning

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
adcea9937bf543c98981997e1f5b20aa.jpg  

Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to chefbob09 For This Useful Post:
kellyhound
Old 02-19-2013, 01:18 PM
AlphaX
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3179

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss70

Further to the post above, this is from court today Tuesday 19/2/2013:

Quote:
"'I fail to understand how I could be charged with murder, let alone premeditated murder because I had no intention to kill. I had no intention to kill my girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp,' he said.

'I have been informed I have been accused of murder – I deny the accusation. Nothing can be further from the truth that I planned the murder of my girlfriend.

'On February 13 Reeva would have gone out with her friends, me with mine. She wanted to stay at home.

'I was watching TV. My legs were off. She was doing yoga. At the end of the evening we got into bed.

'I’m acutely aware of people gaining entries to homes to commit crime, I’ve received death threats. I sleep with my 9mm under my bed. I woke up to close the sliding door and heard a noise in the bathroom.

'I was scared and didn’t switch on the light. I got my gun and moved towards the bathroom. I screamed at the intruder because I did not have my legs on I felt vulnerable. I fired shots through the bathroom door and told Reeva to call police.

'I walked back to the bed and realised Reeva was not in bed. It's then it dawned on me it could be her in there.

'I kicked the door open. Called paramedics and complex security. I tried to carry her downstairs for help. I tried to help her but she died in my arms.'

Pistorius also said that he was 'deeply in love' with his girlfriend and that she had bought him a Valentine's Day present, but told him not to open it until the following day.

Asking for bail, the athlete said: 'I am an international sports star, I will not evade my trial. After the shooting I did not flee the scene. I remained until the police arrived.'

Pistorius broke down several times during the hearing and at one point had to be comforted by his family and given an energy drink.

The court also heard evidence from those close to Miss Steenkamp including her best friend Samantha.

In a statement read to the court, she said: 'Reeva said if Oscar asked her to marry him, she would probably say yes.'

At this point Pistorius bowed his head. He faces life in prison if found guilty of premeditated murder."
Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...Steenkamp.html

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
reeva.jpg  

The Following User Says Thank You to AlphaX For This Useful Post:
kellyhound
Old 05-31-2013, 11:35 AM
caroliner
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1289
female

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)