Go Back  

Open Letter To Obama ~Evan Todd (Columbine Survivor) 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now

Old 02-26-2013, 04:35 PM
undeadcorpse
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:561
Both

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1075
Re: Open Letter To Obama ~Evan Todd (Columbine Survivor)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean mclean View Post
Why are you so eager to defend someone who was obviously a bully? Just because Dylan and Eric did something worse doesn't mean he wasn't an asshole.
Exactly!!

Old 02-26-2013, 05:15 PM
johnleeknoefler
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:229
Male
Contributions: 26

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3866

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean mclean View Post
Why are you so eager to defend someone who was obviously a bully? Just because Dylan and Eric did something worse doesn't mean he wasn't an asshole.
Changing the topic much?
My response was to this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcorpse
He was just talking shit, making stuff up
I was bullied in high school. I got beat up at least once a week. Called names, shoved around, and humuliated by some of the rougher guys in our school. I never shot anyone. I didn't see a doctor and get meds. I eventually fought back and learned not to take crap off of people.
It's how we learn social skills.
At work one employee insisted on coming to work all punked out with strange hair and studs and talking about punk rock stars while trying to emulate them. The rest of us got sick of it and educated him by pointing out what useless, clueless people punkers were, who never did anything and acted like freaks. One day he came to work dressed normally and started focusing on just getting the job done. I asked him why he quit the punk stuff and he just replied, that he was sick of being made fun of for it.
He didn't shoot us or quit his job. He was honest enough to realize that we really meant no harm. We were just tired of hearing about punkers.
You go to school to learn. Not dress like freaks and be queer and repulsive.

Old 02-27-2013, 05:26 AM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnleeknoefler View Post
Changing the topic much?
My response was to this:
I was bullied in high school. I got beat up at least once a week. Called names, shoved around, and humuliated by some of the rougher guys in our school. I never shot anyone. I didn't see a doctor and get meds. I eventually fought back and learned not to take crap off of people.
It's how we learn social skills.
At work one employee insisted on coming to work all punked out with strange hair and studs and talking about punk rock stars while trying to emulate them. The rest of us got sick of it and educated him by pointing out what useless, clueless people punkers were, who never did anything and acted like freaks. One day he came to work dressed normally and started focusing on just getting the job done. I asked him why he quit the punk stuff and he just replied, that he was sick of being made fun of for it.
He didn't shoot us or quit his job. He was honest enough to realize that we really meant no harm. We were just tired of hearing about punkers.
You go to school to learn. Not dress like freaks and be queer and repulsive.
Yeah, look how you wound up, sitting home trolling the internet contemplating suicide.

I'm not saying the Eric & Dylan was OK, but that dick had a lot to do with why it happened. What he did would be considered harassment in the workplace, and would result in termination.... So why should a school be any different?