Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913
One Million Moms Bitch About Ellen JC Penny Commercial

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...ef=mostpopular

Conservative media watchdog group One Million Moms is angry about Ellen DeGeneres' new Christmas ad for J.C. Penney, NBC's "Today Show" reports.

DeGeneres, a spokeswoman for the department store, is featured in a holiday ad in which she asks a group of Santa's elves to make more toys for a giveaway contest but winds up making a bunch of clumsy "small" jokes in the process.

The ad did not sit well with the group, who said the following about DeGeneres (via Boston.com):
Since April, JC Penney's has not aired Ellen DeGeneres in one of their commercials until now. A new JCP ad features Ellen and three elves. JCP has made their choice to offend a huge majority of their customers again. Christians must now vote with their wallets. We have contacted JC Penney's several times in the past with our concerns, and they will not listen. They have decided to ignore our complaints so we will avoid them at all costs.
Although One Million Moms is peeved about DeGeneres' ad, others don't quite understand the problem.

"THIS IS SO OFFENSIVE -- Said nobody with a brain ever," one viewer wrote, according to NBC. "There is nothing wrong with this. 'one million moms'... needs to relax, worry about raising their kids and not spending time & energy on hating a '30 second' holiday clip of elves and Ellen at a diner. Really?" wrote another.

In February, One Million Moms, founded by anti-gay, conservative Christian group American Family Association, first spoke out against DeGeneres being hired as a spokesperson for J.C. Penney.

"Funny that JC Penney thinks hiring an open homosexual spokesperson will help their business when most of their customers are traditional families," the organization wrote on its website. "By jumping on the pro-gay bandwagon, JC Penney is attempting to gain a new target market and in the process will lose customers with traditional values that have been faithful to them over all these years."

Apparently heeding no attention to anti-gay critics, however, J.C. Penny ran a Father's Day ad featuring two dads this summer.

At the time, AdWeek wrote:
Given the timeliness of the gay-marriage issue, it's not surprising to see brands take a stand, but when a classic American brand like JCPenney steps up, it's pretty clear where America is headed.
DeGeneres is not the only one to draw the the ire of One Million Moms. The group has protested Urban Outfitters (for showing two women kissing in their catalogue), Skittles (for bestiality themes) and NBC's "The New Normal" (for featuring gay couples).

<****** width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xvE9EPs-LCo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></******>

The Following User Says Thank You to Megamel29 For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 12-08-2012, 11:53 PM
Seven Of Nine
Offline:
de-assimilated
Poster Rank:214
Female
Contributions: 4

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss4126
Re: One Million Moms Bitch About Ellen JC Penny Commercial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megamel29 View Post
DeGeneres is not the only one to draw the the ire of One Million Moms. The group has protested Urban Outfitters (for showing two women kissing in their catalogue), Skittles (for bestiality themes) and NBC's "The New Normal" (for featuring gay couples).
If I had a choice I'd gather the members of One Million Moms, force them into clothing from Urban Outfitters, fill all of their orifices with Skittles while stating they are the "New Normal" in an ad for JC Penny. Oh, and brand each of their asses with the image of Ellen and Portia kissing, since no one will ever see their fugly asses for any reason other than during a potential autopsy for choking on Skittles.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Seven Of Nine For This Useful Post:
BigFoot, diamondsmiles, Karma, kellyhound, Megamel29, mpcronin, Rackas321
Old 12-09-2012, 01:38 AM
peterdragon
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:1005
Manley Man

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss425

WHO CARES??

The Following User Says Thank You to peterdragon For This Useful Post:
5umguy24
Old 12-09-2012, 01:45 AM
mpcronin
Offline:
Captain
Poster Rank:224
meat & veggies
Contributions: 16

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3913

Old 12-09-2012, 11:21 AM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 413

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1760 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 20/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss61220

Quote:
Mom, are you fed up with the filth many segments of our society, especially the entertainment media, are throwing at our children? Are you tired of all the negative influences our children are forced to contend with? If so, we urge you to become a member of OneMillionMoms.com.

OneMillionMoms.com was begun to give moms an impact with the decision-makers and let them know we are upset with the messages they are sending our children and the values (or lack of them) they are pushing.

Our goal is to stop the exploitation of our children, especially by the entertainment media (TV, music, movies, etc.). Mom, OneMillionMoms.com is the most powerful tool you have to stand against the immorality, violence, vulgarity and profanity the entertainment media is throwing at your children. It is time to fight back!
seems they are more anti gay than "protecting" kids against exploitation in the entertainment media.
idiots

Old 12-10-2012, 05:31 PM
mengala
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:381

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1898