Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173
Re: Omar Khadr Wins Bail

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
How do you determine that without the trial?

Isn't the foundation of American justice that you are innocent until you're fond guilty?
How do you think he was detained? He turned himself in saying hey I'm that guy who naded the soldier.. ? No.. He was captured at gunpoint and surrendered in Afghanistan. You act like he was doing something other than fighting against us and our allies.

Old 05-09-2015, 12:53 AM
Illusion
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:27
Contributions: 23

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Quoted: 10965 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
14/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25945

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Poo View Post
How do you think he was detained? He turned himself in saying hey I'm that guy who naded the soldier.. ? No.. He was captured at gunpoint and surrendered in Afghanistan. You act like he was doing something other than fighting against us and our allies.

Background – Afghanistan and Guantanamo 2002 – 2012

Quote:
U.S. attack and war crimes
On July 27, 2002, fifteen-year-old Omar was rendered unconscious and blinded in one eye, when the U.S. Army Special Forces carried out a four hour bombardment on the compound where he was staying. When found in the rubble – unarmed and severely wounded – Omar was shot in the back by a U.S. soldier, leaving huge exit wounds in his upper left chest. “(He’s) missing a piece of his chest and I can see his heart beating”, wrote a U.S. officer in a subsequent written account of the events.

Later, a leaked Department of Defense Criminal Investigation Task Force report revealed that the U.S. military had doctored the field report to implicate Omar in the death of a U.S. Delta Force soldier (disguised in Afghan clothing) and erased evidence that a U.S. grenade had caused the soldier’s death. The military not only denied that the soldier had been killed by friendly fire, but also hid information that Omar had been shot in the back at close range and another survivor executed.

Illegal capture and imprisonment
After his capture by U.S. forces, Omar should have been identified as a child soldier – he was fifteen and involved in a battle in a war zone – and provided with immediate protection as guaranteed by the UN Protocol to the Convention on the Rights of the Child on the Involvement of Children in Armed Conflict. Instead, he was illegally captured, detained, and tortured in Bagram prison until October 2002. He was then transferred to Guantanamo and held there for more than a decade – often in solitary confinement – until his delayed repatriation in September 2012 to a maximum-security institution in Canada.

Omar Khadr (15) shot in back by U.S. soldier

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Illusion For This Useful Post:
deadcat1, ewnasssty, rob666
Old 05-09-2015, 12:58 AM
Mr Poo
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:122

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusion View Post

Background – Afghanistan and Guantanamo 2002 – 2012

Omar Khadr (15) shot in back by U.S. soldier
How do you know someone else didn't just doctor fake reports themselves to make it seem that way?

The website you got that info from is freeomarakhadr.files.wordpress.com..

The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Poo For This Useful Post:
ewnasssty
Old 05-09-2015, 01:15 AM
Top Gear
Offline:
1095 DAMASCUS STEEL
Poster Rank:51
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 9781 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 4/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssss17111

Death penalty for terrorists seems fair to me, but bleeding heart liberals would never go for that.
The cunt should rot.

The Following User Says Thank You to Top Gear For This Useful Post:
martyl63
The Following Users Disliked This Post By Top Gear:
ewnasssty
Old 05-09-2015, 01:16 AM
Illusion
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★

Activity Longevity
14/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25945

Quote:
How do you know someone else didn't just doctor fake reports themselves to make it seem that way?

The website you got that info from is freeomarakhadr.files.wordpress.com..
We don't know for sure what exactly happened. What we do know is two Supreme Courts (Canadian and US) have ruled the Gitmo proceedings (and treatment of Khadr) unconstitutional, and given that International laws and protocols regarding the rights/treatment of children in conflict zones have been ignored. I agree with rob on this one and say give him a real trial.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Illusion For This Useful Post:
ewnasssty, icheerthebull
Old 05-09-2015, 01:20 AM
Mr Poo
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:122

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
We don't know for sure what exactly happened. What we do know is two Supreme Courts (Canadian and US) have ruled the Gitmo proceedings (and treatment of Khadr) unconstitutional, and given that International laws and protocols regarding the rights/treatment of children in conflict zones have been ignored. I'm with rob with this one and say give him a real trail.
Regardless, what do you think he is going to do now? Go become a productive member of society or reignite his terrorist roots? I know if I'd been detained 10 years I'd love to see some of my captors die..

Old 05-09-2015, 01:31 AM
Illusion
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★

Activity Longevity
14/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25945

Quote:
Regardless, what do you think he is going to do now? Go become a productive member of society or reignite his terrorist roots? I know if I'd been detained 10 years I'd love to see some of my captors die..
Perhaps he'll become a cab driver or maybe a gas pump attendant. He is appealing. By the way, if you haven't noticed, he has done most of his time. If you like to have him forever treated as a criminal than go to Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and deal with it yourself.

Old 05-09-2015, 01:54 AM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
So, he was present in a compound that was raided by allied forces when he was 15 years old.
Was he aware of what was going in, who was was with, what they were up to? Probably.

But, it's been shown that other than the confession, that was obtained under "coercive techniques", there really is no evidence
Contrary to what was originally reported, he wasn't the only living person in the compound capable of throwing the grenade..... There was an adult male that was shot dead as he was trying to crawl away.

And as far as the alleged confession, his chief interrogator was Joshua Claus, who was convicted in the deaths of prisoners, and lying to investigators, and served prison time for it. He was also an active interrogator in Abu Ghraib.

Old 05-09-2015, 02:02 AM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Gear View Post
Death penalty for terrorists seems fair to me, but bleeding heart liberals would never go for that.
The cunt should rot.
Yes, once you're actually convicted of a crime.

Who gets to decide who's a terrorist?
Who gets to decide what defines a war crime?
And who enforces this equally, holding everybody to the same standard?

There's a valid argument that the invasion of Iraq in it's entirety constitutes a war crime. Israel is well known to have an array of nuclear weapons, which it's never declared or allowed to be inspected.
But, who's taking George Bush to The Hague?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rob666 For This Useful Post:
ewnasssty, Illusion, winvens
Old 05-09-2015, 05:45 PM
Top Gear
Offline:
1095 DAMASCUS STEEL
Poster Rank:51
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 9781 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 4/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssss17111

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
Yes, once you're actually convicted of a crime.

Who gets to decide who's a terrorist?
Who gets to decide what defines a war crime?
And who enforces this equally, holding everybody to the same standard?

There's a valid argument that the invasion of Iraq in it's entirety constitutes a war crime. Israel is well known to have an array of nuclear weapons, which it's never declared or allowed to be inspected.
But, who's taking George Bush to The Hague?
It's because of attitudes like yours that terrorist's are allowed to flourish.
I don't care about Iraq and the phoney war and I certainly don't need a history lesson either.
And I am deciding he is a terrorist because that's my view. Liberals do get on my fucking nerves to be honest.
Oh and why are you just picking on Bush, do you think Iraq was all his fault?

The Following User Says Thank You to Top Gear For This Useful Post:
martyl63
The Following Users Disliked This Post By Top Gear:
ewnasssty