Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3421
Re: Old Ranger Fired for Dancing 'offensively'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Mike View Post
He must've been a great tracker.
He frequently ate all of the cake during special events at the station before we came back from patrol.

Old 06-28-2014, 05:23 AM
gatagato
★ Moderator ★
Poster Rank:180
Male
Contributions: 367

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 854 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 15/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss5491

Quote:

It's possible that their initial reply was bullshit, and meant to conceal the fact that they had kept this guy on for so long despite his shitty work record. They were trying to appear as if they knew better than to keep a guy like that on the payroll. Unfortunately, the good work record story made them look like dicks for firing him; so when they got blowback from the public over it, they came out with the real story. Maybe they'd rather look like incompetent administrators instead of assholes.

I'm also inclined to believe the "shitty employee" story because making up shit like that would put them in a very legally actionable position -- he could sue them for talking false shit on him just to cover their own asses, especially if they put it in writing and broadcast it over a pervasive medium such as the internet.

What's really funny is that even though the statement about his shitty work record takes some of the heat off of them, it still makes it painfully obvious that they didn't give one fuck about firing a grossly sub-par employee until his behavior went public on a grand scale.

I (Heart) Municipal Politics!
It makes perfectly sense: Berke is Chattanooga's Mayor since March 5, 2013, as he arrived he sent out 18 of 21 people who served under the previous Mayor for a change this makes me think that the removal of the dancing ranger at the first chance was somemething that he planned at the sight of his spectacular curriculum: of course, he's not his fault if the dude wasn't fired before.
Also, maybe he didn't come out before with the truth about the history of inappropriate behavior of the man just to protect his privacy AND/OR try to minimize the damage to his future career (if there will be one).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinhwangtikatang View Post
Thats a bunch of shit, their previous response (now deleted - big surprise) mentioned only that they felt his dancing was 'inappropriate' whilst in uniform, they also mentioned that he had an exemplary work record and it was 'unfortunate' that they let him go, how easily the mob is tamed huh
But so the Mayor would need to make up fake documentation to backup the claim of bad behaviors, and that would be document fraud, not exactly a joke: and Mayor Andy Berke's job is Attorney.
And why risk to ruin his career, for the sake of firing some random good worker?
The ranger has been lucky, anywhere else he would have been fired much time before, it's up to the previous Mayors to explain why they did NOT fire him, especially after the incidents with the female park visitors and the female employee: that's not like dancing for a couple of minutes, that's serious shit.

The Following User Says Thank You to gatagato For This Useful Post:
30564U
Old 06-28-2014, 06:41 AM
Nite
Offline:
Retarded Genius
Poster Rank:3

Mentioned: 384 Post(s)
Quoted: 16139 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
11/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss88622

Quote:
Y'know..."They." But I think he's referring to the reply from the Mayor's office that evidently preceded the reply quoted here...?

See, now the plot thickens.

It's possible that their initial reply was bullshit, and meant to conceal the fact that they had kept this guy on for so long despite his shitty work record. They were trying to appear as if they knew better than to keep a guy like that on the payroll. Unfortunately, the good work record story made them look like dicks for firing him; so when they got blowback from the public over it, they came out with the real story. Maybe they'd rather look like incompetent administrators instead of assholes.

I'm also inclined to believe the "shitty employee" story because making up shit like that would put them in a very legally actionable position -- he could sue them for talking false shit on him just to cover their own asses, especially if they put it in writing and broadcast it over a pervasive medium such as the internet.

What's really funny is that even though the statement about his shitty work record takes some of the heat off of them, it still makes it painfully obvious that they didn't give one fuck about firing a grossly sub-par employee until his behavior went public on a grand scale.

I (Heart) Municipal Politics!
This

The Following User Says Thank You to Nite For This Useful Post:
30564U