Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21526
Re: Ohio Execution Took 15 Minutes With New Drugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megamel29 View Post
I think probably the inert gas asphyxiation would be more likely than anything with a gun. Sounds like an inexpensive, quick and painless way to take someone out.

And I don't mind that this murderer suffered. But the law is against that, so
And no messy, slippery blood to clean up

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
Megamel29, Oswald2001
Old 01-18-2014, 01:07 PM
Kelseecat65
Offline:
The Eternal Optimist
Poster Rank:26
Contributions: 29

Mentioned: 166 Post(s)
Quoted: 11715 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss27615
Re: **Killer's Daughter: Ohio Execution Most Awful Moment of Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsmiles View Post
Not, "dignified enough?" Really?!?!? Boofuckinghoo! Perhaps this will make other potential killers to think twice! Who knows how many others would have been killed?

So, he chose to do things in his life that led to him becoming a guinea pig. The victim didn't choose to end hers and her baby's lives. [/color]

To peacefully leave this world surrounded by hearts and flowers is BS if you have done such awful things to another human being.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kelseecat65 For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001
Old 01-18-2014, 02:14 PM
Shakey
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:18
MAN

Mentioned: 448 Post(s)
Quoted: 21486 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
17/20 14/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss37787

Waaah, I'm having air hunger.

Old 01-18-2014, 02:16 PM
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Poster Rank:28
Arse fucker

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelseecat65 View Post

To peacefully leave this world surrounded by hearts and flowers is BS if you have done such awful things to another human being.
The death penalty is more than a punishment, it is a guarantee that the criminal will never be allowed the chance to committ such acts ever again. Allowing torture during a government sanctioned murder is unacceptable if we are going to progress as a moral and polite society.

To be honest i like the fact that violent offenders being executed are 'uncomfortable' during their final moments, but i know it is wrong.

Western society needs to set an example the rest of the world can follow if we want to continue to be worthy of leading the planet in its advancement. The moral high ground is important and we need to hold it otherwise we're no different from the filth we look down at, we need to remain better than those that are lawfully put to death.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blewvane For This Useful Post:
cupcake725, gatagato, Megamel29, Shadedwill
Old 01-18-2014, 10:22 PM
Kelseecat65
Offline:
The Eternal Optimist
Poster Rank:26
Contributions: 29

Mentioned: 166 Post(s)
Quoted: 11715 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss27615

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewvane View Post
The death penalty is more than a punishment, it is a guarantee that the criminal will never be allowed the chance to committ such acts ever again. Allowing torture during a government sanctioned murder is unacceptable if we are going to progress as a moral and polite society.

To be honest i like the fact that violent offenders being executed are 'uncomfortable' during their final moments, but i know it is wrong.

Western society needs to set an example the rest of the world can follow if we want to continue to be worthy of leading the planet in its advancement. The moral high ground is important and we need to hold it otherwise we're no different from the filth we look down at, we need to remain better than those that are lawfully put to death.
I understand what you are saying and a long time ago, in a less jaded view of the world that I lived in, I would have agreed with you.

However, when someone takes another one's life, especially in such a violent manner, all moral high grounds I once had, are gone.

I wonder if I've lived so long on this earth and have seen so many bad guys do this shit, that the part of me that should feel as you do, is broken.

Old 01-19-2014, 12:12 AM
cupcake725
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:249
female
Contributions: 2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2014 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3457

I'm trying to feel sympathy for this guy. I can't.

The Following User Says Thank You to cupcake725 For This Useful Post:
Kelseecat65
Old 01-19-2014, 09:05 AM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 413

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1757 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 20/20
Today Posts
7/11 ssss61186

sounds like the perfect new drugs to me

Old 01-20-2014, 09:54 PM
drusilladimitria
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:1056
Female

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss386

Quote:
An attorney for the state of Ohio argued that while the U.S. Constitution bans cruel and unusual punishment, "you're not entitled to a pain-free execution."

The Following User Says Thank You to drusilladimitria For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001
Old 01-20-2014, 10:39 PM
Oswald2001
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:99

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 2764 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss10534

This is complete nonsense.

This is a simple overdose situation and the body can gurgle and twitch involuntarily while a person is completely unconscious.

Also, the BS about finding the 'right' drug for executions is ridiculous.

Just shoot him up with 50 times the lethal dose of heroin.

It's not hard to kill someone that is strapped to a gurney with needles already in his veins.

The Following User Says Thank You to Oswald2001 For This Useful Post:
Kelseecat65
Old 01-21-2014, 02:08 PM
spycosis
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:683
XY

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss783

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewvane View Post
Anyone found guilty of committing rape, murder, or other extreme acts of violence should be sentenced to death. The sentence should be carried out immediately and their death should be swift.
In this case the man was being executed for his crime, their is no greater punishment available. The victims family should have been given the option to carry out the sentence to provide them with closure if they desired so. Someone should be held accountable for this very large fuckup.
Torturing a criminal during sentence execution is immoral, no matter what crime they committed. As i have always said, if something needs to die then it has the right to die quickly. How can an advanced civilized society condone tourturing a human condemned to death and claim a moral high ground?

What sort of society do you want your children to inherit from us? Any sane person wanting to be taken seriously would want their kids to live in a law abiding, civilized, polite, and free society that strived to be better than the previous generation.
I agree with you. I'd go so far as to say that we don't even have the right to decide who lives and who dies, as much as I want to see real evil people killed, I think it ain't up to us. And it's a sort of false revenge, because the dead do not suffer, yet we imagine death as an undesirable state to exist in. I think to lock a human away for the rest of their natural life with no hope of release, is as severe a punishment as you can give to anyone. Admitted it does not deliver the acute physical agony of burning someone to death, but the suffering of a life sentence is protracted and allows time for someone to feel truly sorry for what they have done. That is an important experience for the prisoner to go through before he dies in his cell old and forgotten. That's how to get revenge on someone - make them cry for years on end until they die of sadness. I can't help feeling Bin Laden got away with it all too lightly having received such a swift death sentence.