Pelvic Sorcerer

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 6866 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
9/20 10/20
Today Posts
8/11 ssss15200
Re: Ohio Execution Took 15 Minutes With New Drugs

I don't understand the logic of intentionally killing someone, but trying to make it as painless as possible.

The Following User Says Thank You to PlinyTheYounger For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 01-17-2014, 02:56 PM
Arkoquisa
Offline:
King of East Texas
Poster Rank:274
XY
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 723 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 12/20
Today Posts
2/11 sssss3064

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaka View Post
Fuck him. Hope it was painful!
he was given hydromorphone... he went out feeling better than he ever did in his entire life, dillies FUCK you up and put you in the happiest slice of personal heaven known to man. One time a friend gave me one once for my back, WOW is all I can say, went from not being able to walk to running around in super happy fun land... inject battery acid make him want death while inflicting the most pain possible!!!!!

diamondsmiles
Old 01-17-2014, 04:39 PM
Xfactor
Avoiding Limelight
Poster Rank:98
Male
Contributions: 4

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 525 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss10964

Was it a sign from god. " Going to heaven? "

Old 01-17-2014, 05:15 PM
Shadedwill
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:250
Male (evidently surprisingly)

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1739 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3421

The thing about painful executions is that while I wish for these bastards to suffer, we don't have to be like these bastards ourselves. It feels almost like a "fuck you, we're better and you're not worth it" if we give them a quick and painless death, which is what they deserve.
Short short version; we're better then they are.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shadedwill For This Useful Post:
BBKF, Blewvane, diamondsmiles, invertigo, Megamel29
Old 01-17-2014, 05:54 PM
Kelseecat65
Offline:
The Eternal Optimist
Poster Rank:26
Contributions: 29

Mentioned: 166 Post(s)
Quoted: 11715 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss27615

The family filed a lawsuit today because of the pain their dad suffered during the execution...waa waa waa...
FUCK HIM.

Perhaps he should have been put to death in the same manner his victim was...
He raped, sodomized and choked her.
He slashed her throat, cutting so deeply both her carotid artery and jugular vein were severed.

She was 8 months pregnant and her unborn child died as well, likely in the time between her body was dumped in the woods and when it was found the next day.

In my opinion, he got off too easy.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelseecat65 For This Useful Post:
BBKF, diamondsmiles, Megamel29, zuzusmom
Old 01-17-2014, 07:28 PM
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Poster Rank:28
Arse fucker

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadedwill View Post
The thing about painful executions is that while I wish for these bastards to suffer, we don't have to be like these bastards ourselves. It feels almost like a "fuck you, we're better and you're not worth it" if we give them a quick and painless death, which is what they deserve.
Short short version; we're better then they are.
Good to see someone else understands the importance of standing on the moral high ground as well.
I have swam in a river of shit and i have also stood on the shore, i prefer to stand on the shore looking at the shit i am not swimming in.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blewvane For This Useful Post:
BBKF, invertigo, Megamel29, Shadedwill
Old 01-17-2014, 08:17 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 11/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss21526

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinycatcreations View Post
Another story I'm torn about. In my opinion, people like this should be tortured in the middle of the street in front of a mob, then hidden somewhere to die an agonizing death with thier wounds not treated. BUT....since the u.s. don't roll like that and we are "civilized" compared to some other countries then I think it should have been quicker like it was supposed to be. Either long and drug out on purpose or quick like it's supposed to be. Do I make any sense? Lol
It would makes sense to me except that some people who act like animals deserve what they have inflicted on others.

I don't agree with a lot of barbaric things done in other countries, except for their treatment of rapists and murderers.

He was lucky! They predicted it would take 25 minutes

The Following User Says Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
Kelseecat65
Old 01-17-2014, 08:18 PM
drusilladimitria
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:1055
Female

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss386

Was it definitely air hunger and not agonal respiration?

Old 01-17-2014, 08:20 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Female

Activity Longevity
6/20 11/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss21526

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlinyTheYounger View Post
I don't understand the logic of intentionally killing someone, but trying to make it as painless as possible.
Me either

It only bothers me when an innocent person is jailed, tortured or killed

I always think of Todd Willingham, Ray Krone, Clarence Elkins and Barry Beach, to name a few

PlinyTheYounger
Old 01-17-2014, 09:38 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Female

Activity Longevity
6/20 11/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss21526
**Killer's Daughter: Ohio Execution Most Awful Moment of Life

Andrew Welsh-Higgins and Kantele Franko of Associated Press

January 17, 2014

Ohio inmate, Dennis McGuire, made loud snorting noises during one of the longest executions since Ohio resumed capital punishment in 1999.

COLUMBUS, Ohio — A convicted killer took 26 minutes to die during an execution in which he gasped repeatedly — the longest execution in Ohio since the state resumed capital punishment 15 years ago, records show.

The case has led to cries of cruel and unusual punishment and demands for a moratorium on executions in Ohio.

The timeline of Dennis McGuire's death indicates he began receiving Ohio's never-before-tried combination of lethal drugs at 10:27 a.m. Thursday and was pronounced dead at 10:53 a.m.

The next-longest execution was the 22 minutes it took killer, Reginald Brooks, to die in 2011, according to an Associated Press analysis of the timelines of the 53 Ohio executions since 1999. Brooks received a lethal dose of a different drug.

Ohio Execution Takes Almost 25 Minutes

January 17, 2014

McGuire, 53, was put to death for the 1989 rape and fatal stabbing of a pregnant newlywed, Joy Stewart. He was executed with doses of a sedative and painkiller that had never been used before to put an inmate to death in the U.S.

He gasped, made snorting sounds and repeatedly opened and shut his mouth during the execution.

Most inmates over the past 15 years, took 15 minutes or less to die, the records show. In years when Ohio's lethal injection mix consisted of three drugs, many inmates died in less than 10 minutes, according to the records. Also, executions under the old method did not cause the kind of sounds McGuire made.

Ohio's prison system, which is reviewing the execution, declined to comment on the amount of time it took McGuire to die.

McGuire's unusually slow execution amounted to torture, the man's adult children said Friday as they announced plans to sue over his death.

"I don't feel like anybody deserves that — families, or my dad, anybody on death row — nobody deserves to go through that," said McGuire's son, also named Dennis.

McGuire's daughter, Amber McGuire, said she was so horrified that she covered her ears so she wouldn't hear the sounds he made.

The execution violated McGuire's constitutional protection against cruel and unusual punishment, said attorney, Jon Paul Rion, representing McGuire's children. He called it unquestionably cruel.

"The question is whether or not the state of Ohio should duplicate the actions of a criminal. And our answer is no," Rion said. "If we are going to condemn the actions of a person as being wrong because it creates pain, because it creates victims, because it creates an injustice, because it deprives people of life unjustly, then the state of Ohio should not duplicate those actions."

It's almost certain lawyers will use McGuire's execution to challenge Ohio's plans to put a condemned Cleveland-area killer to death in March.

Prison officials gave McGuire intravenous doses of two drugs, the sedative midazolam and the painkiller hydromorphone. The method was adopted after supplies of a previously used drug dried up because the manufacturer declared it off limits for capital punishment.

McGuire's lawyers had attempted last week to block his execution, warning that the untried method could lead to a medical phenomenon known as, "air hunger," and could cause him to suffer, "agony and terror," while struggling to catch his breath.

An attorney for the state of Ohio argued that while the U.S. Constitution bans cruel and unusual punishment, "you're not entitled to a pain-free execution."

U.S. District Judge, Gregory Frost, sided with the state. But at the request of McGuire's lawyers, he ordered officials to photograph and preserve the drug vials, packaging and syringes.

After McGuire was put to death, his attorney called on Republican Gov. John Kasich to impose a moratorium on executions, as did a state anti-death penalty group.

The execution is also likely to echo across the country as other states contemplate new drug methods, said Richard Dieter, executive director of the Death Penalty Information Center, which opposes capital punishment.

"Judges will now realize that the warnings being raised about these untried procedures are not just false alarms," he said in an email. "States will now have more of a burden to show that they are using a well-thought-out best practice."

Video may be viewed here. Not, "dignified enough?" Really?!?!? Boofuckinghoo! Perhaps this will make other potential killers to think twice! Who knows how many others would have been killed?

So, he chose to do things in his life that led to him becoming a guinea pig. The victim didn't choose to end hers and her baby's lives.

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/da...moment-of-life

Kelseecat65