Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1894 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93392
Ohio Execution Took 15 Minutes With New Drugs

Quote:
An Ohio killer appeared to gasp several times as a previously unused combination of drugs was used to execute him.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mugshot-1-522x293.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	508523

It took more than 15 minutes for Dennis McGuire to die after doses of two drugs, the sedative midazolam and the painkiller hydromorphone, were used in the lethal injection.

It was one of the longest executions since Ohio resumed capital punishment in 1999.

McGuire received the death penalty for the 1989 rape and fatal stabbing of Joy Stewart, a pregnant woman, in Preble County in western Ohio.

Shortly before he was put to death, McGuire said: "I'm going to heaven, I'll see you there when you come."

His daughter, Amber, said "Oh my God" as she watched her father's final moments. His adult children sobbed in a witness room.

Officials opted for the new execution method when supplies of the state's previous drug dried up after the maker decided it no longer wanted it used for lethal injections.

Federal public defender Allen Bohnert called McGuire's death "a failed, agonising experiment by the state of Ohio".

Prior to the execution, McGuire's lawyers warned that he was at substantial risk of a medical phenomenon known as air hunger, which would cause him to experience terror as he strained to catch his breath.

But Ohio officials presented counter evidence disputing the risk.

A statement released by Carol Avery, the sister of McGuire's victim, said: "We have forgiven him, but that does not negate the need for him to pay for his actions."

Ms Stewart's slaying went unsolved for 10 months until McGuire, jailed on an unrelated assault and hoping to improve his legal situation, told investigators he had information about the woman's death.

His attempts to blame the crime on his brother-in-law quickly unravelled and soon he was accused of being the killer.

More than a decade later, DNA evidence confirmed McGuire's guilt, and he acknowledged that he was responsible in a letter to the state's governor last month.

McGuire, 53, sought a reprieve in recent weeks but his legal team's argument that a jury never got to hear the full extent of his chaotic and abusive childhood was dismissed.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Faline For This Useful Post:
BBKF, diamondsmiles, Eyeswideshut2nite, Firegirl1, gatagato, K9Grip, kellyhound, Kelseecat65, Megamel29, Oswald2001, Photoplay, shoelessjojackson, Stalker420
Old 01-16-2014, 04:57 PM
Flaka
Offline:
Tuya
Poster Rank:19

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 2170 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss37570
Re: Ohio Execution Took 15 Minutes With New Drugs

Fuck him. Hope it was painful!

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Flaka For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, diamondsmiles, Faline, Firegirl1, Kelseecat65, Megamel29, pbaj12, slapchoppa, woodsetton, Xfactor
Old 01-16-2014, 05:18 PM
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3102

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss73

Another story I'm torn about. In my opinion, people like this should be tortured in the middle of the street in front of a mob, then hidden somewhere to die an agonizing death with thier wounds not treated. BUT....since the u.s. don't roll like that and we are "civilized" compared to some other countries then I think it should have been quicker like it was supposed to be. Either long and drug out on purpose or quick like it's supposed to be. Do I make any sense? Lol

Old 01-16-2014, 06:21 PM
slapchoppa
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:539

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1138

fuck that guy. 15 minutes was too quick.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slapchoppa For This Useful Post:
Firegirl1, Kelseecat65, Oswald2001
Old 01-16-2014, 07:16 PM
Azimuth
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:33
Woman

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 3618 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss23376

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaka View Post
Fuck him. Hope it was painful!
Yeah I'm going to have to agree with you on this one for sure.

Oswald2001
Old 01-16-2014, 10:55 PM
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Poster Rank:28
Arse fucker

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730

Anyone found guilty of committing rape, murder, or other extreme acts of violence should be sentenced to death. The sentence should be carried out immediately and their death should be swift.
In this case the man was being executed for his crime, their is no greater punishment available. The victims family should have been given the option to carry out the sentence to provide them with closure if they desired so. Someone should be held accountable for this very large fuckup.
Torturing a criminal during sentence execution is immoral, no matter what crime they committed. As i have always said, if something needs to die then it has the right to die quickly. How can an advanced civilized society condone tourturing a human condemned to death and claim a moral high ground?

What sort of society do you want your children to inherit from us? Any sane person wanting to be taken seriously would want their kids to live in a law abiding, civilized, polite, and free society that strived to be better than the previous generation.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Blewvane For This Useful Post:
BBKF, clndstn46, corrico, K-Blast, luciddrmr, THELORDABORTION
Old 01-16-2014, 11:41 PM
Shadedwill
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:250
Male (evidently surprisingly)

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1739 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3421

Just put me under and shove a sharpened screwdriver up and under the back of my skull, into the foramen magnum

Old 01-16-2014, 11:43 PM
Megamel29
Offline:
Poster Rank:283
Female
Contributions: 6

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewvane View Post
Someone should be held accountable for this very large fuckup.
Torturing a criminal during sentence execution is immoral, no matter what crime they committed. As i have always said, if something needs to die then it has the right to die quickly. How can an advanced civilized society condone tourturing a human condemned to death and claim a moral high ground?

What sort of society do you want your children to inherit from us? Any sane person wanting to be taken seriously would want their kids to live in a law abiding, civilized, polite, and free society that strived to be better than the previous generation.
You have an excellent point but what is the solution? Is there a different combination of drugs that would be more effective? Or maybe we go back to using the electric chair? Well, that's probably too painful too.

I'm sure his victim suffered far more than he did, but yeah torture isn't allowed for this rapist/killer.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Megamel29 For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, Firegirl1, Shadedwill
Old 01-17-2014, 12:05 AM
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Poster Rank:28
Arse fucker

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megamel29 View Post
You have an excellent point but what is the solution? Is there a different combination of drugs that would be more effective? Or maybe we go back to using the electric chair? Well, that's probably too painful too.

I'm sure his victim suffered far more than he did, but yeah torture isn't allowed for this rapist/killer.
My heart does not bleed for that cunts suffering, i hope it hurt, but that does not change the fact that it is wrong.
There are other methods of execution that are far quicker and less painful than the electric chair and lethal injection.
Inert gas asphyxiation is one of them.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitrogen_asphyxiation
Another way would be to destroy the brain stem, maybe use a 1 ounce slug or 00 buck shell fired from a shot gun. Messy but quick, cheap, and effective.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blewvane For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, BBKF, K9Grip, Megamel29
Old 01-17-2014, 12:13 AM
Megamel29
Offline:
Poster Rank:283
Female
Contributions: 6

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewvane View Post
My heart does not bleed for that cunts suffering, i hope it hurt, but that does not change the fact that it is wrong.
There are other methods of execution that are far quicker and less painful than the electric chair and lethal injection.
Inert gas asphyxiation is one of them.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitrogen_asphyxiation
Another way would be to destroy the brain stem, maybe use a 1 ounce slug or 00 buck shell fired from a shot gun. Messy but quick, cheap, and effective.

I think probably the inert gas asphyxiation would be more likely than anything with a gun. Sounds like an inexpensive, quick and painless way to take someone out.

And I don't mind that this murderer suffered. But the law is against that, so

The Following User Says Thank You to Megamel29 For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles