Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6768 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671
Re: Obama Has Interview on BET

If you have ever watched the shows on BET then you'd know why those shows aren't on major networks.

I think most major networks aren't looking to identify with a race. But identify with as many people as possible.

Old 12-10-2014, 01:16 AM
Mr Poo
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:122

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
If you have ever watched the shows on BET then you'd know why those shows aren't on major networks.

I think most major networks aren't looking to identify with a race. But identify with as many people as possible.
If you don't have the funding, you can't make anything new or groundbreaking on television.

It's called a target audience, and each genre of television and channel itself has a specific one they go after. It varies by age, race, preferences and spending patterns. So it's not to crazy to think someone created a network to target a specific audience.

Bravo is the gay network..
Nickelodeon is the kid network..
E channel and lifetime are the women networks..
Fox News is the Republican network..
MSNBC is the Democrat network..

The only oddity is that it says it's Black Entertainment Television in the name.. Wouldn't be surprised if they pulled a Redskins in the future and started calling themselves ET.

They've been owned by Viacom for the last 15 years..

Old 12-10-2014, 09:29 AM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:89
dude
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4567 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
11/20 14/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssss11689

I believe our predominantly white owned entertainment community has been very welcoming to the black community in letting black people into our prime-time broadcast, productions, and entertainments. In-spite risk, since there has been very little impact negatively.

-There are more black game show host (some even taking spot.s of whites from shows as old as most of us here) on shows aired on every major broadcast.

There are Black leading/supporting roles on series, on every major broadcast.

Black news anchors.

Black only- sitcoms aired on all major networks.

Blacks replacing roles traditionally even historically portrayed with white people. In some cases, even some of our old fairy-tales.

Commercials using black kids, families, etc.

Major magazines, and publications like Sports illustrated, vogue, cosmopolitan, etc featuring black models/figures in their illustrations,

The list goes on, and for most part, the fact that all major broadcast still do quite well, would suggest the white viewers are not turning the channel every time a black person takes the set.

Now, as far as black entertainment, they have many exclusive blacks only things, and the fact they are able to air it openly is what grinds many people's gears.

"Black entertainment television"
"Ebony magazine"
"Bounce, 'TV our way'"
"Black family channel"
advertisements promoting black only audiences like "Black people meet" dot com.
just to name a few.

Which is fine by me, if they want to target specific audiences. HOWEVER, What's good for the goose, is good for the gander. But, we all know, anything aired promoting the white race directly, would be shut down immediately.

On topic, and immersed with this side discussion, I think it was repugnant of our commander in chief to have a sit down interview with a black only network.

Old 12-10-2014, 11:47 AM
niknik
Offline:
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post
I believe our predominantly white owned entertainment community has been very welcoming to the black community in letting black people into our prime-time broadcast, productions, and entertainments. In-spite risk, since there has been very little impact negatively.

-There are more black game show host (some even taking spot.s of whites from shows as old as most of us here) on shows aired on every major broadcast.

Black news anchors.

Blacks replacing roles traditionally even historically portrayed with white people. In some cases, even some of our old fairy-tales.

Major magazines, and publications like Sports illustrated, vogue, cosmopolitan, etc featuring black models/figures in their illustrations,

The list goes on, and for most part, the fact that all major broadcast still do quite well, would suggest the white viewers are not turning the channel every time a black person takes the set.

Now, as far as black entertainment, they have many exclusive blacks only things, and the fact they are able to air it openly is what grinds many people's gears.

"Ebony magazine"
"Bounce, 'TV our way'"
"Black family channel"
just to name a few.

Which is fine by me, if they want to target specific audiences. HOWEVER, What's good for the goose, is good for the gander. But, we all know, anything aired promoting the white race directly, would be shut down immediately.

On topic, and immersed with this side discussion, I think it was repugnant of our commander in chief to have a sit down interview with a black only network.
I think it was In bad taste. It's no different than what Michelle Obama did a couple months back. She went on a black radio station and basically said "we" should vote Democrat no matter what.

Implying that blacks should stick together, and see the nation the same. Which if you break it down she's kinda implying Republicans are racist. Which does nothing but divide us even more.

I don't understand why they think this strategy is honorable.

Old 12-10-2014, 06:53 PM
Mr Poo
Offline:

Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post

Black news anchors.

"Ebony magazine"
"Bounce, 'TV our way'"
"Black family channel"
just to name a few.

The only thing you're not taking into account about BET is that isn't not a black ONLY network, not in the least. It's predominately black people, but they don't discriminate. They also don't promote the black race directly, they more promote the culture that Ozwald loves so much..

Old 12-10-2014, 07:48 PM
niknik
Offline:
Conservative OG

Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671

I think BET takes the color thing as far as they can without being sued for discrimination. Because by law they cannot be black "only"

Old 12-10-2014, 07:53 PM
Mr Poo
Offline:

Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

Quote:
I think BET takes the color thing as far as they can without being sued for discrimination. Because by law they cannot be black "only"
They embrace anyone that embraces the culture, regardless of their ethnicity. They have white and asian hosts on many shows. Although I don't know of any hispanics that I can ever remember.

Old 12-10-2014, 08:02 PM
niknik
Offline:
Conservative OG

Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Poo View Post
They embrace anyone that embraces the culture, regardless of their ethnicity. They have white and asian hosts on many shows. Although I don't know of any hispanics that I can ever remember.

Oh. So the white people you describe as "wiggers"?

Old 12-10-2014, 08:23 PM
Mr Poo
Offline:

Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

Quote:
Oh. So the white people you describe as "wiggers"?
That's correct. Those are the whites who embrace that culture..

Old 12-10-2014, 08:32 PM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:89
dude
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4567 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
11/20 14/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssss11689

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Poo View Post
That's correct. Those are the whites who embrace that culture..
Culture that (by their own admission) is a "black thang?“

Lol. Anyway, don't take my "blacks only" as a literal. More so a broad stroke, on a small canvas.

The stage is set, with a one directional theme. Having a white janitor in the background doesn't change the entire theatre.