Go Back  

NYPD Officer Charged with Conspiracy to Kidnap, Rape, Murder, Eat at Least 100 Women 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now

Old 10-26-2012, 08:35 PM
khathryn
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:587
Inny

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss987
Re: NYPD Officer Charged with Conspiracy to Kidnap, Rape, Murder, Eat at Least 100 Wo

There have been plenty of people in the past who have been arrested for conspiring to commit murder. I think it's better to catch them before than to wait until they DO it, don't you?

It's not like they were just talking out their twisted fantasies. They had actual plans, and actual victim profiles with actual victim information. They were PLANNING to commit a REAL crime upon REAL women.

Now, if they didn't have the information on the women, and they didn't have the specific plans, I agree that it would be unlawful. If they were just a couple of twisted fucks discussing what they would LIKE to do, or what they have DREAMED of doing, or what they could IMAGINE doing... that just deserves a raised eyebrow and possible psychiatric help.

Old 10-26-2012, 09:15 PM
Brometheus
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:287
Contributions: 18

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2865
Re: NYPD Officer Charged with Conspiracy to Kidnap, Rape, Murder, Eat at Least 100 Wo

so i guess its safe to say.. he had "binders full of women"?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brometheus For This Useful Post:
blue devil, khathryn
Old 10-26-2012, 09:16 PM
Brometheus
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:287
Contributions: 18

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2865

^ forgot to put on sunglasses..

Old 10-26-2012, 09:25 PM
khathryn
Offline:
Inny

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brometheus View Post
so i guess its safe to say.. he had "binders full of women"?
Made me laugh out loud... now my cats are looking at me funny!

The Following User Says Thank You to khathryn For This Useful Post:
Brometheus
Old 10-27-2012, 06:07 AM
azdesertsnake01
Offline:
Poster Rank:640
Male

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871

Quote:
Originally Posted by khathryn View Post
There have been plenty of people in the past who have been arrested for conspiring to commit murder. I think it's better to catch them before than to wait until they DO it, don't you?

It's not like they were just talking out their twisted fantasies. They had actual plans, and actual victim profiles with actual victim information. They were PLANNING to commit a REAL crime upon REAL women.

Now, if they didn't have the information on the women, and they didn't have the specific plans, I agree that it would be unlawful. If they were just a couple of twisted fucks discussing what they would LIKE to do, or what they have DREAMED of doing, or what they could IMAGINE doing... that just deserves a raised eyebrow and possible psychiatric help.
I think you missed the point where I said I did NOT support him. Also you missed the point that I made that the system is moving more toward "preventing" crimes before they happen. There are many more examples of this becoming more common. Just search the net. As I pointed out before, it's where this is going to lead that really matters.

There is even new software that is designed to predict crimes. Wake up and look where things are going. As always it will done in the name of all that is good. That's how the people fall for the dumb shit.

Old 10-27-2012, 06:57 AM
khathryn
Offline:
Inny

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss987

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdesertsnake01 View Post
I think you missed the point where I said I did NOT support him. Also you missed the point that I made that the system is moving more toward "preventing" crimes before they happen.
Nooo. I didn't think you were sitting on the sidelines with a set of pompoms for the creep! My point was that conspiracy to commit a crime IS a crime in and of itself, and that by arresting on those grounds, a violent crime can be avoided.

I don't doubt that you are right, that there are ways in which "prevention" will be abused and taken too far. I just don't think this is the best case to use to exemplify that concern, given the amount of evidence they have of the conspiracy.