Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3613
Nun Lied About Rape

EAST FLATBUSH, N.Y. (WPIX) —
A Brooklyn nun who claimed she was the victim of a brutal rape is now recanting her story, telling police she made the whole thing up to cover up a consensual sexual encounter with a bodega worker.

According to police, the nun -- identified as 26-year-old Mary Turcotte -- told authorities she was attacked by a towering black man on the night of Jan. 22 as she made her way to the Apostles of Infinite Love convent on Glenwood Ave. in East Flatbush.

It turns out that the incident never happened and Turcotte was attempting to deter attention away from a real sex romp that reportedly happened inside the Brooklyn convent, sources told the New York Daily News.

"Nothing happened, none of it," a woman who answered the door at the convent told the News Tuesday. "It was all proven to be false. It wasn't her fault. She is going to move out and we are going to get her some help."

It was a far cry from what Turcotte told police nearly a week earlier.

Turcotte claimed the alleged attacker ambushed her before choking her to unconsciousness. The man then reportedly dragged her eight blocks. Authorities immediately grew suspicious of her story considering Turcotte was donning a habit at the time of the apparent attack and found it difficult to believe that it didn't catch the eyes of passersby, the News reported.

The nun told detectives she woke up in a snowbank with her breasts exposed and underwear pulled down to her ankles. The attack was reported to police on Thursday.

Authorities immediately put out an alert searching for a black man between 40-50 years old, approximately 6' 4" and 250 pounds, as described by Turcotte. The search was called off after the nun came clean about her dirty, little lie.

It wasn't immediately clear if the nun will face criminal charges.

Old 02-04-2011, 02:56 PM
Black Knight
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:210
Male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss4193
Re: Nun Lied About Rape

OMG, a towering black man. This woman should be ashamed of herself. Not only did she break her vow of celibacy but made a racist statement and lied to the police. Boy the Catholic church is really bringing them in nowadays.

Old 02-04-2011, 05:30 PM
Xfactor
Offline:
Avoiding Limelight
Poster Rank:98
Male
Contributions: 4

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 525 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss10960

I bet she doesn't want to be a Nun anymore.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:39 PM
Softballmama13
Offline:
My Rank: SECOND LIEUTENANT
Poster Rank:183
female

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss5301

So she was horny, but to blame a black man is terrible!!Very,very racist indeed!!! Shame on her!!!

Old 02-04-2011, 08:52 PM
TheHag
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:242
formerly male

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3613

Yeah. That's the worst part about this. She had to go and blame a black guy. Some people are just seriously fucked in the head.

Old 02-04-2011, 10:01 PM
dooshman
Offline:
*Born Retard*
Poster Rank:58
Dude

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16098

The sad part of this is my sister's a nun, and some of you'all might not like what I'm about to admit: but in the past, I was proud of what she became. However, with all the recent scandal that's come out of the Catholic church, including this bullshit, I'm kind of shy about revealing her profession to anyone, face to face, for fear of ridicule. And trust me, she's a very caring and upstanding woman. She'd surrender her habit in a heartbeat before she'd even think of engaging in something immoral.

This nun, who's the topic of this thread, should be removed from the church forever. Not only did she break her vows by engaging in such distasteful, irrational and immoral acts for one in her position, she could've also gotten a lot of innocent people in trouble over her lies.

Old 02-04-2011, 10:05 PM
SnowBun
Offline:
My Rank: GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:496
female

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1277

Come on, she's just some cloistered nun. She probably said it was a towering black guy because that's the kind of story she might have heard before, it doesn't mean she was racist. The guy she had an alleged affair with might be black too.

Old 02-04-2011, 10:05 PM
TheHag
Offline:
formerly male

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3613

You should not be shy about what your sister does. You know what kind of woman she is and it's no one's place to judge her based on her line of work or what she has devoted her life to. I'm not religious but if that's what she believes in and wants to devote her life to, then good for her. At least she stands for something!

Old 02-04-2011, 10:22 PM
dooshman
Offline:
*Born Retard*
Poster Rank:58
Dude

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16098

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHag View Post
You should not be shy about what your sister does. You know what kind of woman she is and it's no one's place to judge her based on her line of work or what she has devoted her life to. I'm not religious but if that's what she believes in and wants to devote her life to, then good for her. At least she stands for something!
A few years back I was about to punch a coworker for mouthing off about my sister, perhaps, doing some hanky-panky with the priests in her parish. So to keep the peace, I just assume refrain from disclosing the fact of my sister so quickly to those whom I suspect might be inclined to be loud-mouthed and stupid. BTW, I'm still quite proud of her. So that hasn't changed at all.

Old 02-04-2011, 10:26 PM
TheHag
Offline:
formerly male

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3613

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowBun View Post
Come on, she's just some cloistered nun. She probably said it was a towering black guy because that's the kind of story she might have heard before, it doesn't mean she was racist. The guy she had an alleged affair with might be black too.
Racist or not, she lied and could have gotten multiple men arrested for suspicion of rape which could have cost them jobs, girlfriends, all kinds of stuff.