Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871
Re: NSA Pretended to Be Facebook to Infect Millions of Computers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedSisterr View Post
what are the odds that they could get their hooks in DR? Not sayin they would but sites like this I would think would be target due to the nature of it and of course the history behind it? my thoughts....... but trust no one, question everything.....
As already proven, they have the power to spoof any site they wish including Facebook. So needless to say this site isn't bullet proof. But you can bet EVERYTHING you own that they are at the VERY least recording the IP's of everyone who visits this site and how often they access it.

So Twisted, how do you think people like you and I would appear to them with our almost daily visits to this site?

The reason the NSA would give for tracking people on here if it came to light would be that they are concerned about murders and serial killers visiting this site.

Not to mention they would make a statement like "what kind of mentally disturbed person would it take to be a follower of this site?" Of course they are doing all of this for public safety, lol.

If they showed a few of the pics and videos from this site (most likely ones involving dead children in order to get the strongest pull on the heart strings of the public) and said how they are monitoring it for the public good, 95% of the mouth breathing public would eat it up and would be crying out for the site to be closed down along with all sites like it.

If they REALLY wanted to close it down, they would use their power to get the media to be unrelenting on the subject until the public believes this site is the worst threat to public safety since Hitler.

Eventually the outcry from the mouth breathing public would be so great there is no way this site would survive.

Whatever you do, NEVER expect the public to be smart or think for themselves. If there are so many people on this site which is an open minded site, who aren't smart and don't think for themselves, how can you expect it from the general public?

Also, as a techie myself and someone who can put things together in his mind before they happen (so often it scares even me sometimes), I can tell you that several years in the future, things like surfing this site could be held against you in a court trial.

Already there have been lawyers wanting access to what the NSA has in order to solve everything from murder cases to proof on cheating spouses in divorce cases.

So it's not too hard to picture a future where if you got into a fight in a bar defending yourself from someone who started shit with you, your past on this site would be brought up in court.

The prosecution would say that your interest in this site proves that you are a sick individual obsessed with death and negative behavior toward others. Case closed, you're guilty!

Or as the judge in Idiocracy said "geety"!

The Following User Says Thank You to azdesertsnake01 For This Useful Post:
TwistedSisterr
Old 03-16-2014, 08:29 PM
azdesertsnake01
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:640
Male

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
I ditched Facebook long ago and closed out my account. Since then I have rebuilt my computer with new hard drives. Problem solved.

Not a fan of social media for a lot of reasons, privacy being one of the top ones.
That's great, I'm no Facebook fan myself. However if you think you've solved your problems, you have only fooled yourself.

I REALLY appreciate the posting of this article, however due to what I have seen in posts from a few people, I think they are somehow getting the impression that facebook is either the only threat or at least the biggest.

That is NOT true. If you treated it as though the NSA is tracking EVERYTHING you do online and keeping record of it, you would be dead on.

Cthulhu, if you are on a windows computer, kudos for rebuilding your computer and with new hard drives. Your security is great after that. LOL, that is until you signed online again for the first time after your new rebuilding. Considering you're on this site posting, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I presume you have went back online with it haven't you?

I can't stress it enough folks, especially in the case of windows, there IS NO WAY AND NEVER WILL BE A WAY to even come close to securing it. Let alone entirely secure it. If the general public fully understood how windows works they would understand it will never be and could never be a secure system.

No matter what windows does to update their software etc., it's built on a foundation of sand. So, much like a house, if you build it on a foundation of sand, no matter how high or how well you build it, it's still going to degrade and fall apart.

You can bet that the NSA hackers absolutely hate it when one of their targets is on a Mac or Linux system. NOTHING is bullet proof, but a Mac for instance eliminates AT LEAST 90% of their ability to get control of the computer. That along with just a few minor modifications and you're well ahead of most of how they attack computers.

Not to pat myself on the back, but I predicted what is now public knowledge on the NSA thing. My first predictions on this subject were almost 20 years ago. For about 15 years, I have been letting friends know that I suspected the government of having back doors into our software.

That of course opened me up to accusations of being a conspiracy nut, paranoid, tin foil head, etc. I have not been a fan of computer cameras since they day they first appeared. I ALWAYS took them as a security threat.

And now considering they are and have been for sometime playing with mind reading technology, even the tin foil heads turned out to be dead on accurate. So how scary is that? Lol.

My friends and acquaintances who I would share my suspicions with would always say who would be doing things like that? When I couldn't answer EXACTLY who, they would laugh and say I was being paranoid. Now, 20 years later we know the who is the NSA.

So in the words of Ice-T in one of his songs "Who's laughing now bitch? Who's laughing now?"

Old 03-16-2014, 10:36 PM
azdesertsnake01
Offline:
Male

Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871

Oh and I have to follow up with this about windows. A friend of mine who can program in 4 different languages including C++ made a comment about windows a few years back to me.

He said "users have been waiting for 20 years for windows to be corrected and be better software. He said what they don't understand that I do being a programmer is that windows is and always will be broken.

He said if microsoft went in and seriously corrected their software, ALL 3rd party software would stop working immediately. He said everyone else has written their software for decades broken and fucked up in order match microsofts fucked up software.

So if windows were somehow magically corrected, which is impossible, then all other software ever written for windows, games etc, would fail to even run!"

These are my words, As much as I know about computers and software myself, I must say when he said that it was a moment of enlightenment for me. He stated what I knew, but hadn't really thought of in that way before.

So boys and girls, as long as you run windows, don't ever think you can secure it. If you run 5 antivirus and 5 antimalware apps at all times, it still will NEVER catch everything. I should know, I have cleaned about 130 computers of the worst of viruses and malware in my lifetime.

I now only use a Mac and refuse to work on windows computers anymore. Even for family and friends. If they want to own those motherfuckers, let them spend the years of their time figuring out how to keep them running. I would rather have someone leave a box with the black plaque in it at my house than have a fucking windows computer here.

Some things I also would like to enlighten people on is the following,

The 2 most popular antivirus solutions used on windows are mcafee and norton.
Through my studies and A LOT of personal experience, I can tell you that those two antiviruses also are the top two in a different category. That is THEY ARE BOTH THE 2 WORST ANVIRUSES AVAILABLE FOR WINDOWS! Ironic huh?

The best antivirus in my opinion happens to be free even. It's the free version of AVG. Until I refused to work on windows computers anymore, I would illustrate this to friends who wanted me to clean their computers. I would scan their computers with norton AND mcafee. Even if I had to install one of them when they only had only one of them installed.

Sometimes they would pick up a few viruses, sometimes none. Then I would download and scan it with AVG. Almost every time, AVG would pick up anywhere from a few to dozens of viruses and malware that norton and mcafee had not.

But as I have said repeatedly, there's nothing you can ultimately to protect a windows computer.

The Following User Says Thank You to azdesertsnake01 For This Useful Post:
TwistedSisterr
Old 03-17-2014, 03:43 AM
Ntwadumela
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT MAJOR
Poster Rank:206
Male
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 890 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss4233

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdesertsnake01 View Post
That's great, I'm no Facebook fan myself. However if you think you've solved your problems, you have only fooled yourself.

I REALLY appreciate the posting of this article, however due to what I have seen in posts from a few people, I think they are somehow getting the impression that facebook is either the only threat or at least the biggest.

That is NOT true. If you treated it as though the NSA is tracking EVERYTHING you do online and keeping record of it, you would be dead on.

Cthulhu, if you are on a windows computer, kudos for rebuilding your computer and with new hard drives. Your security is great after that. LOL, that is until you signed online again for the first time after your new rebuilding. Considering you're on this site posting, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I presume you have went back online with it haven't you?

I can't stress it enough folks, especially in the case of windows, there IS NO WAY AND NEVER WILL BE A WAY to even come close to securing it. Let alone entirely secure it. If the general public fully understood how windows works they would understand it will never be and could never be a secure system.

No matter what windows does to update their software etc., it's built on a foundation of sand. So, much like a house, if you build it on a foundation of sand, no matter how high or how well you build it, it's still going to degrade and fall apart.

You can bet that the NSA hackers absolutely hate it when one of their targets is on a Mac or Linux system. NOTHING is bullet proof, but a Mac for instance eliminates AT LEAST 90% of their ability to get control of the computer. That along with just a few minor modifications and you're well ahead of most of how they attack computers.

Not to pat myself on the back, but I predicted what is now public knowledge on the NSA thing. My first predictions on this subject were almost 20 years ago. For about 15 years, I have been letting friends know that I suspected the government of having back doors into our software.

That of course opened me up to accusations of being a conspiracy nut, paranoid, tin foil head, etc. I have not been a fan of computer cameras since they day they first appeared. I ALWAYS took them as a security threat.

And now considering they are and have been for sometime playing with mind reading technology, even the tin foil heads turned out to be dead on accurate. So how scary is that? Lol.

My friends and acquaintances who I would share my suspicions with would always say who would be doing things like that? When I couldn't answer EXACTLY who, they would laugh and say I was being paranoid. Now, 20 years later we know the who is the NSA.

So in the words of Ice-T in one of his songs "Who's laughing now bitch? Who's laughing now?"
If 90 % of the world used Apple, they would be in the same boat as windows. It would actually be worse since they lack the experience of being the worlds most popular OS.

Microsoft is doing a fine job considering the ridiculous amounts of viruses targeted at their software; not to mention a user of Microsoft OSs are free to do what they please.

Apple knows they will be exposed, which is why they forbid most third party software.

Old 03-17-2014, 04:34 AM
azdesertsnake01
Offline:
Male

Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntwadumela View Post
If 90 % of the world used Apple, they would be in the same boat as windows. It would actually be worse since they lack the experience of being the worlds most popular OS.

Microsoft is doing a fine job considering the ridiculous amounts of viruses targeted at their software; not to mention a user of Microsoft OSs are free to do what they please.

Apple knows they will be exposed, which is why they forbid most third party software.
That is TOTALLY incorrect. These cliches have been repeated from windows users for years. Macs as I said are NOT totally bullet proof, nothing is. HOWEVER, even if every virus writer in existence put in their best efforts, they would find macs a VERY hard target.

You said "Apple knows they will be exposed, which is why they forbid most third party software".

Apple does NOT forbid 3rd party software nor do they even have control over it! What the hell are you talking about? Lol. Seriously??? Do you think apple makes every app in existence for macs? Or every app made is somehow sent to apple for approval before it's put online? Lol. Well, that proves you're about as qualified to comment on this subject as I am qualified to advise Stephen Hawking!

Or MAYBE you are referring to IOS, which apple keeps stern control of in order to not allow the privacy invading software and viruses like Android has? If so, IOS and Mac software like mavericks are two different entities. Thus further proving you aren't quiet qualified to debate on this I'm afraid my friend.

If you don't know the difference between the Mac operating system and IOS, I would hardly consider you the go to guy on apple advice, lol.

So you think NOT ONE hacker in the world has gotten the idea of making a major virus for macs? As much as they love their names being known for their incredible feats, not one of them has tried and succeeded?

I think anyone capable of thinking can see that is not true. It has been tried many times and they didn't succeed. People who understand the difference in how windows is set up and how the mac is set up understand why.

For instance, macs have NO registry. Which is what is responsible for the vast majority of viruses and malware spreading. Programs are set up totally different too. Instead of throwing out hundreds or even thousands of tentacles throughout the system, macs keep all software tentacles usually to a few. The main program itself and in a couple of more areas.

So even the largest app is easily controlled and removed. Also, they don't degrade over time like windows. Which is also due to the registry and how it gets more and more bloated like a fat guy until, well, he can't move anymore. Much like windows.

I had a friend debate with me 6 years ago that he wanted to stay on windows because they MIGHT one day make a virus for the mac. He had heard that from a PC repair guy.

Lol. That is beyond laughable. Apparently he didn't think that a guy who made his living off of the misery of windows users needing repairs swayed this guys opinion on which system to use.

Anyhow, fast forward 6 years, I have been enjoying the virus and malware free lifestyle for the past 6 years while he has had 6 years of windows misery and had WAY too viruses to speak of in that 6 years.

So, you are way off base with your reply here. Anyone who is knowledgeable in computers will tell you that windows is the most insecure system and will be for quiet a few years to come.

You said the following, "Microsoft is doing a fine job considering the ridiculous amounts of viruses targeted at their software; not to mention a user of Microsoft OSs are free to do what they please."

First of all, microsoft isn't doing a fine job at anything and has never done a fine job at anything. They have put out one abortion after another. Anyone capable of using google can verify that if they have a short term memory and don't remember.

Just because they cornered the market in the mid 90's and continue to hold it because people are afraid of change, doesn't mean windows is the best. The reason microsoft is getting so many viruses thrown at them is for the same reason the fat kid gets picked on at school. Which is it's the easiest target, it's bloated and doesn't fight back well, lol.

As far as MS users being able to do as they please, yes. You are totally correct on that. I NEVER said they didn't have that right. As long as I don't have to repair it or continuously do maintenance on it, I could care less.

I'm just simply giving advice here that is 100% correct unless you can prove otherwise. If you think macs are only safe because there are so few of them, that's your choice. It's incorrect, but it's your choice to believe that. In the mean time, I will enjoy my virus free mac while you have to deal with windows. How anyone can say, yes macs are ONLY safe because....blah blah, is beyond me. The point is they are the safest period. They are safe not because of reasons you listed, but because the way they are naturally set up is NOT easily targeted like windows is.

It's up to each individual whether they listen or act on what I have suggested. If your system is fucked up and infected with the latest malware and viruses, that's your problem. In fact, I'm glad it will be your private information and credit cards stolen, not mine, lol.

And if you're willing to use a system that is easy to infect and penetrate, that too is your problem. At least the NSA will be spending time on people like you rather than some of the rest of us, lol.

Just watch national geographics. It's ALWAYS the weakest and slowest antelope that gets eaten by the lions and tigers. The faster ones get away, lol.

Old 03-17-2014, 07:42 AM
Metal Mike
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:60
The Untrollable

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 9256 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15388

Yeah, the Windows registry system is a fucking trainwreck. At least with Linux, I only have to deal with Compiz taking a shit every few days.

Speaking of Linux, it's possible to run Windows within Linux. Would doing so expose your PC the same way that running Windows normally would, or does running it within Linux protect it?

The Following User Says Thank You to Metal Mike For This Useful Post:
azdesertsnake01
Old 03-17-2014, 08:30 AM
azdesertsnake01
Offline:
Male

Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Mike View Post
Yeah, the Windows registry system is a fucking trainwreck. At least with Linux, I only have to deal with Compiz taking a shit every few days.

Speaking of Linux, it's possible to run Windows within Linux. Would doing so expose your PC the same way that running Windows normally would, or does running it within Linux protect it?
As far as making it run Windows, much as I have pointed out when someone speaks of making a Mac dual bootable with windows, why would you? It's like buying a Lamborghini and putting a fucking volkswagen 4 cylinder engine in it, lol.

Anyhow, as far as whether it would expose your computer, most likely if windows got a virus for instance, it would do it's damage to windows only. It of course couldn't directly infect Linux because .exe's won't run on Linux (or Mac).

UNLESS it's one of the more brutal breeds of virus that fucks with the bios, etc. Then it could cause problems with your Linux boot up too. Also if the virus were intended to wipe the hard drive, then Linux too would be lost.

One advantage that you MIGHT have, but only trial and error would tell, is that most viruses try to delete files under the C: drive folders. So since Linux I'm quiet sure doesn't use that directory, that would reduce a lot of damage.

I will admit that I have done very little on a Linux system, so I'm not as knowledgeable on it as I am Mac and windows.

Linux is good, but I don't have a lot of experience with it. I like the fact that I have to only reboot my Mac about once every 3 weeks or so. MUCH better than the old 3 times a day with windows. And that's when it is running good and virus free.

Old 03-17-2014, 11:22 AM
TwistedSisterr
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:427
Tenacious Bigmouth
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 619 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Mike View Post
Maybe they're already here. Let's find out...

shoot the president death to america death to aongress war on washington allahu akbar shoot the president death to america death to aongress war on washington allahu akbar shoot the president death to america death to aongress war on washington allahu akbar shoot the president death to america death to aongress war on washington allahu akbar shoot the president death to america death to aongress war on washington allahu akbar shoot the president death to america death to aongress war on washington allahu akbar shoot the president death to america death to aongress war on washington allahu akbar shoot the president death to america death to aongress war on washington allahu akbar shoot the president death to america death to aongress war on washington allahu akbar shoot the president death to america death to aongress war on washington allahu akbar shoot the president death to america death to aongress war on washington allahu akbar shoot the president death to america death to aongress war on washington allahu akbar shoot the president death to america death to aongress war on washington allahu akbar shoot the president death to america death to aongress war on washington allahu akbar shoot the president death to america death to aongress war on washington allahu akbar shoot the president death to america death to aongress war on washington allahu akbar shoot the president death to america death to aongress war on washington allahu akbar shoot the president death to america death to aongress war on washington allahu akbar shoot the president death to america death to aongress war on washington allahu akbar shoot the president death to america death to aongress war on washington allahu akbar shoot the president death to america death to aongress war on washington allahu akbar shoot the president death to america death to aongress war on washington allahu akbar shoot the president death to america death to aongress war on washington allahu akbar shoot the president death to america death to aongress war on washington allahu akbar shoot the president death to america death to aongress war on washington allahu akbar shoot the president death to america death to aongress war on washington allahu akbar shoot the president death to america death to aongress war on washington allahu akbar shoot the president death to america death to aongress war on washington allahu akbar shoot the president death to america death to aongress war on washington allahu akbar shoot the president death to america death to aongress war on washington allahu akbar shoot the president death to america death to aongress war on washington allahu akbar shoot the president death to america death to aongress war on washington allahu akbar shoot the president death to america death to aongress war on washington allahu akbar shoot the president death to america death to aongress war on washington allahu akbar shoot the president death to america death to aongress war on washington allahu akbar

*cracks knuckles*

And now we wait...
no YOU wait lol
jk, ya, doubt they will take your bait but if you do it on fb they might!!!
you so funny

Old 03-18-2014, 07:26 AM
spycosis
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:683
XY

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss783

Keyboard log files and Print Screen commands are all they need.
I constantly have Windows Task Manager running. The government hacking software will not show up in the processes but the performance graphs will show all data being sent in and out, and also the monitoring software will show up as spikes of CPU activity. I also check my hard drive free space, as any reduction in space that continues while your system is idle is a possible sign there is some software recording your activity.