Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8054
Re: North 'regrets' S. Korean Soldiers' Injuries, South to Halt 'propaganda' Br

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCorpse View Post
I knew nothing would happen!

I was over there a few years ago right when North Korea were threatening that they had weapons pointed at Seoul. As I spent time in Seoul I asked several locals if they were concerned that North Korea may strike, they all just indicated that North Korea were all talk, always making threats, and will never do anything. They seemed very comfortable and laughed while explaining it. While I doubt there was a 0% chance of something happening it certainly made it easier for me to relax. Lovely country Korea, if not for the language barrier (only a small percentage of people spoke conversational English and I'm not interested enough to learn another language) I'd spend more time there.
Ever bring up their weird myth about "fan death"? Everyone knows an electric fan circulates air.

Except the Koreans. They think fans will kill you in your sleep.

Interesting they're so nonchalant about the North. I'd have thought most South Koreans would be scared shitless living next door to a bizarre repressive regime which not only has nukes but whose leader fraternizes with the likes of Dennis Rodman.

Apparently some parts of N. Korea are quite lovely, some of the wilderness anyway. Such a pity the DPRK is such a terrible backwards shithole, imagine how much better off the North Koreans would be if the totalitarian kleptocracy never began.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipersna View Post
Maybe they are coming to their senses, unite their cat-like reflexes into a superkorea and take over the world!
Yeah, and I'm growing another arm out of my left shoulder.

Old 08-26-2015, 12:14 PM
MrCorpse
Offline:
*DR's nice guy*
Poster Rank:44
Male

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Quoted: 6877 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 14/20
Today Posts
6/11 ssss19097

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anom Alley View Post
Ever bring up their weird myth about "fan death"? Everyone knows an electric fan circulates air.

Except the Koreans. They think fans will kill you in your sleep.

Interesting they're so nonchalant about the North. I'd have thought most South Koreans would be scared shitless living next door to a bizarre repressive regime which not only has nukes but whose leader fraternizes with the likes of Dennis Rodman.

Apparently some parts of N. Korea are quite lovely, some of the wilderness anyway. Such a pity the DPRK is such a terrible backwards shithole, imagine how much better off the North Koreans would be if the totalitarian kleptocracy never began.

Yeah, and I'm growing another arm out of my left shoulder.
It's been going on for a long time so I guess the South Koreans are just used to it. Most of them (except for the oldest ones) have lived next to that shit their whole lives!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrCorpse For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001, winvens
Old 08-26-2015, 12:17 PM
MrCorpse
Offline:
*DR's nice guy*
Poster Rank:44
Male

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Quoted: 6877 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 14/20
Today Posts
6/11 ssss19097

Quote:
Originally Posted by commondenom View Post
it would be great for the people in that region if the koreas just gave up on their pissing contest.....

north korea must be a fucking nightmare to live in....

you know, they have something there called 'three generations of imprisonment' which is used on political prisoners (basically anyone who says kim jong il (or whichever il jong it was) didn't score 11 holes in one in one round of golf)....apparently they throw you in prison....your children will be thrown in prison too and the children of your children who will no doubt be born in prison will also have to live their lives in prison...... FUCKED UP!!!!
Whenever North Korea does finally break free the family in charge or North Korea and all the people high up in politics will be executed.

They are the ones in control and they get to live a lavish lifestyle while in control even though the majority live in poverty so it is in their best interest to keep this going as long as possible!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrCorpse For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001, winvens
Old 08-27-2015, 12:10 PM
Xfactor
Offline:
Avoiding Limelight
Poster Rank:98
Male
Contributions: 5

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 527 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss10967
Re: North Regrets South Korean Soldiers Injuries

North Korea needs a News Website.

Old 08-27-2015, 02:25 PM
Oswald2001
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:99

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 2765 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 15/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss10537

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xfactor View Post
North Korea needs a News Website.

http://www.kcna.co.jp/index-e.htm : based in Pyongyang

http://www.dailynk.com/english<br />.../> /index.php : based in South Korea

http://www.nknews.org/ : based in Washington, D.C.

Old 08-28-2015, 09:22 AM
dwizzy22
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:635
male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss880

And no one loves John Wayne. Fuck"....

Old 08-28-2015, 12:38 PM
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6771 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13673

The North will never engage in war with the South.
No matter how much chest pounding the North does, they know they are out gunned. The South could defeat the North in less than a week. If they fought ww2 rules that is. If they fought modern American war rules it could drag on for months.

The North doesn't have all the modern satellite tracking and recon equipment the South does.

Only card the North has is nuclear weapons, and their willingness to bomb civilians. Which is why the South would most likely strike with everything they have as soon as war broke out.

The Following User Says Thank You to niknik For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001
Old 08-28-2015, 01:45 PM
Oswald2001
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:99

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 2765 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 15/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss10537

The North Korean 'leadership' is mostly scared of what will become of them personally.

They know that they can never win militarily and after their certain military defeat will come retribution in many forms for the people in their government and their military that are most responsible.

Firing squads and hangings galore.

That is, unless the North Korean mobs of newly freed people get to them first.

Old 08-28-2015, 05:38 PM
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6771 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13673

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswald2001 View Post
The North Korean 'leadership' is mostly scared of what will become of them personally.

They know that they can never win militarily and after their certain military defeat will come retribution in many forms for the people in their government and their military that are most responsible.

Firing squads and hangings galore.

That is, unless the North Korean mobs of newly freed people get to them first.
They should have never been allowed to get nuclear weapons. If war was to break out, it would seem their only option would be to use them.

Which would be within their right if they were attacked and simply defending their existence.

But they will most likely be the aggressor, so their use wouldn't be justified.

The Following User Says Thank You to niknik For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001
Old 08-28-2015, 07:11 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
The North will never engage in war with the South.
No matter how much chest pounding the North does, they know they are out gunned. The South could defeat the North in less than a week. If they fought ww2 rules that is. If they fought modern American war rules it could drag on for months.

The North doesn't have all the modern satellite tracking and recon equipment the South does.

Only card the North has is nuclear weapons, and their willingness to bomb civilians. Which is why the South would most likely strike with everything they have as soon as war broke out.
They won't just roll over and give up. It would be carnage on a scale never seen before, and they will use every weapon in their arsenal.

I don't see how you can categorize an outcome where millions of people die as a win for anyone.

The Following User Says Thank You to rob666 For This Useful Post:
winvens