** Colorado Girl **

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss4407
Ninja Cow

PLATTSMOUTH, Neb. — What's a girl to do when she finds herself all alone in a strange town being stalked by a bunch of strangers? For starters, she might want to hide out in the daytime and forage for food at night.

That's just what a large, black heifer — possibly of the Angus variety — has been doing since Sept. 15.

Plattsmouth animal control officer Sue Baker said residents are calling the bovine "ninja cow" because it will suddenly appear at night to graze and then heads for the woods when it sees people.

"We've been trying to catch her for a long time," Baker said. "I started chasing her when I got a call in the middle of the night about a cow on the loose. I found a panel from a cattle truck in the street, and we know another cow was corralled that same night by a farmer near Highway 75 in Sarpy County."

Baker has been unable to locate anyone missing an animal. When the cow is caught, it will be up to the city to decide what to do with it.

Sgt. David Murdoch of the Plattsmouth Police Department said the cow is increasingly showing up on city streets, possibly because the grass outside of town is turning coarse with the cold weather and city lawns are much softer. Feed is being left out in three locations — on a tennis court, at the city water tower and a pen north of town — where gates can be closed behind the cow.

"She hasn't done any damage, but there are a lot of cow pies around," Murdoch said. "The thing is, what we really don't want her to do is wander out into the road and get hit by a car. She would do a lot more damage than a deer."

Baker contacted John and Jessica Vallery of the W.J. Cattle Co. for help on Tuesday. The couple live south of Plattsmouth and work their own cattle herd.

The Vallerys nearly herded the "ninja cow" into the fenced tennis court Tuesday night, but just then someone happened by and the animal darted off. Jessica Vallery said the cow ran into some nearby woods and not even an infrared camera operated by a local firefighter could locate it.

The Vallerys asked Baker to let them search for the cow at least until Monday. They intend to track it on foot, horseback and four-wheeler.

"I would hate to see (officials) have to put her down," Jessica Vallery said. "I know she is probably scared. If it snows this weekend that will be in our favor because she'll be easier to track, but she is very smart and it won't be easy."

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
noja cow.jpg  

Salladhor Saan - GAME OF THRONES

The Following User Says Thank You to LadyPox For This Useful Post:
Dragonlady66
Old 12-08-2011, 02:43 PM
LadyPox
Offline:
Dothraki Chick
Poster Rank:203
** Colorado Girl **

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss4407
Re: Ninja Cow

Plattsmouth's long ninja nightmare came to a close Wednesday afternoon when a cow that had been roaming its streets since mid-September was finally corralled.

Police Chief Steve Rathman said the animal — dubbed the ninja cow because it grazed on lush city lawns at night and then vanished when people approached — was captured about 1 p.m. on the north side of town. Terry Grell of Louisville, Neb., Neil Johnson of Nehawka, Neb., and Gregg Eisenbarth of Plattsmouth caught the cow on horseback.

Grell said the trio tracked the cow in the morning, moved her into an open area with a trailer nearby and then allowed her to calm down before using their ropes for the capture. The cow calmly walked into the trailer for a ride to Grell's place outside of Louisville.

“It's nice that the she was taken care of without harm,” Rathman said. “We did everything in our power to humanely capture (the cow) and I'm very glad it ended as it did.”

A calf that is believed to have been born to the cow was transferred to a farm south of Plattsmouth run by John and Jessica Vallery on Tuesday. The calf has already formed an attachment with a cow in the Vallery's herd.

Grell said he wants to give the ninja cow “time to quiet down” before deciding on whether to move her. He said he is open to having the cow and calf reunited.

“She seem like a real good, quiet cow,” Grell said. “This probably would have been a little easier if she hadn't been chased for weeks. She just needs time to settle down.”

Plattsmouth Mayor Mike Bowman said heard about the capture during a city planning meeting and immediately decided to issue a pardon.

“The city and will not seek collection of any money for trespassing or damages,” Bowman said. “We're just glad that residents on the north side of town will be able to sleep soundly again.”

Salladhor Saan - GAME OF THRONES

The Following User Says Thank You to LadyPox For This Useful Post:
Dragonlady66
Old 12-08-2011, 03:12 PM
collaredgirl65
Offline:
Smartest Retard
Poster Rank:127
Female

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8016

Ninja cow, gotta love it.

Old 12-08-2011, 05:35 PM
ices
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:240
Male

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 661 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3658

Samurai butcher failed in his attempts for burgers I see.

Old 12-08-2011, 05:59 PM
PoetsOfTheFall
Offline:
℃я@їℊ‷﹩**ℓ☺ ♥℮
Poster Rank:54
female

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 6577 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16633