Go Back  

New York Coke Ring Busted After Pic/vids Found on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now
Old 04-13-2013, 09:40 AM
Angelahh
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:84
meow
Contributions: 41

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12278
New York Coke Ring Busted After Pic/vids Found on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube

April 12, 2013
New York

A massive and dangerous Manhattan coke ring that made millions delivering door-to-door coke for $120 a gram is now out of business -- thanks in part to the gangsters' own incriminating online boasting and photo-posting, officials said today.

The investigation eventually led to the indictment of Adrian (Ace) Rivera and 40 alleged members of three street gangs that operated out of housing projects in the lower East Side. The accused partied hard at a Queens jiggle joint where accused gangster Krista Zuniga danced -- then posted photos of their cavorting onto Facebook and Instagram, officials alleged.

"Trappin all day everyday," one of the gang's alleged cash-flashing kingpins labeled one such photo. Other gangsters posted pictures and YouTube videos of themselves flashing gang signs and waving wads of cash.

Krista Zuniga, pictured below, the stripper girlfriend of accused ringleader Adrian Rivera.

Rivera’s network included more than a dozen livery cab drivers and runners, who would deliver coke to a clientele ranging from investment bankers to college students, Kelly added. The blow was marked up significantly from the typical street value of the drug, about $80 a gram.

As they continued to dig into Rivera’s online world, aided by his online bragging, they found he was operating the drug business that sold $2 million worth of cocaine over the two years that followed the beginning of the probe. Investigators ran three wiretaps and under cover cops made some 75 cocaine buys beginning in 2011, and officials estimate that the gang made $2 million between that year and now.

In later communications, the gangsters mused about pooling the federal Hurricane Sandy assistance checks they were expecting and reinvesting it into the cocaine delivery business, the source said.

"This is a longterm operation that has made a tremendous amount of money in New York City, upstate New York, Westchester County and New Jersey," assistant district attorney Michelle Warren told the judge.

Arraignments of the defendants were expected to last throughout the day before Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Laura Ward.

Edited for space from the New York Post and the NY Daily News.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Angelahh For This Useful Post:
Dragonlady66, EPIC_FAIL, icheerthebull, kellyhound, Megamel29
Old 04-13-2013, 09:59 AM
mpcronin
Offline:
Captain
Poster Rank:224
meat & veggies
Contributions: 16

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3913
Re: New York Coke Ring Busted After Pic/vids Found on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube

Morans...

Old 04-13-2013, 12:31 PM
Angelahh
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:84
meow
Contributions: 41

Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12278
Re: New York Coke Ring Busted After Pic/vids Found on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube

Im looking forward to seeing these photos... im guessing since they havent had the trial yet that they are evidence

Old 04-14-2013, 12:04 PM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 413

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
14/20 20/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss61197

good, i hope these thugs get a long period of jail time.

Old 04-14-2013, 04:47 PM
icheerthebull
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:290
Contributions: 3

Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2802

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyhound View Post
good, i hope these thugs get a long period of jail time.
In fairness there is no evidence so far of them being thugs, on the contary, from the news report I would asume they ran a reliable legitimate service. I admit its kind of harsh of them to knock up the prices.

Make no mistake I have seen the dark side of drugs but this case so far appears to be a victimless crime. Having said that what the fuck did they expect to happen when they posted shit like that on the internet. The police around the world will shoot innocent people and these guys think they can get away with bragging about there crimes on the internet.

Off topic- its kind of funny how many 'gangsters' will preach about 'snitches getting stiches' then post videos of illegal stuff on the net even street fight videos involving sucker punches and 5 on one attacks have the people involved posing infront of the camera

Old 04-14-2013, 11:09 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Originally Posted by icheerthebull View Post
In fairness there is no evidence so far of them being thugs, on the contary, from the news report I would asume they ran a reliable legitimate service. I admit its kind of harsh of them to knock up the prices.

Make no mistake I have seen the dark side of drugs but this case so far appears to be a victimless crime. Having said that what the fuck did they expect to happen when they posted shit like that on the internet. The police around the world will shoot innocent people and these guys think they can get away with bragging about there crimes on the internet.

Off topic- its kind of funny how many 'gangsters' will preach about 'snitches getting stiches' then post videos of illegal stuff on the net even street fight videos involving sucker punches and 5 on one attacks have the people involved posing infront of the camera
Normally I agree with you, but IMHO I don't think cocaine is victimless..... i think its a plague, from the shit going on in Mexico to the crackheads on the streets here.

Old 04-15-2013, 04:00 AM
icheerthebull
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:290
Contributions: 3

Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2802

I know that's why I did say I have seen the bad side of it, I am really focusing on this group and their involvement in the drug trade. Perhaps victimless crime was a poor choice of words. Addiction is a plague I agree and the cartels are a scourge on all the nations they operate in. However the state consistently fails to deal with this. A heroine addicts dealer goes to prison, does the addict give up? Of course not because there is a long line of people ready to take that dealers place.

How much money was spent on this case alone? A lot I would imagine. Given that the war on drugs has been a complete failure, some would even say counter productive, shouldn't this money be spent on helping those with addiction problems. The number of addicts has dropped significantly in Portugal since drugs were de-criminalised. I find pictures of the MDs/shareholders of drug/alcohol/tobacco company's siping champaign at the White House just as vulgar as a few drug dealers posting their pictures on facebook