Quoted: 9256 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15388
Re: NBC to Donald Trump: You're Fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post
Do a little role reversing, gender, race adjustments, and see how the government "gets involved". Thought you were smarter than that.
You should also try thinking that I have a habit of speaking to the way things are supposed to work as opposed to the way that they actually are.

However, most of what I see from the government in matters like this are rhetorical opinions and editorials disguised as speeches and press releases. Obama's suggestion that federally-mandated gun control is an inevitability during his statement on the Charleston church shooting and Eric Holder's self-pitying race card soliloquy in Missouri are perfect examples of what I'm taking about: they can sway public opinion and even incite violence and disorder, but as what are essentially opinions, they're not technically illegal or in violation of anyone's rights. The problem is that there exists no legal disciplinary standard regulating such conduct or public utterances on the parts of elected (<-- keeps trying to autocorrect to "ejected") officials, so there's nothing to hold them to what I like to call a "statesman's standard." They'll even throw their own federal government under the bus as it suits them: if you recall, both the left and the right slung the same exact "9 unelected persons" argument at the Supreme Court when they didn't get their way on the ACA and gay marriage, respectively.

But then things like the Justice Department's exoneration of Darren Wilson come along and remind us that regardless of divisive political tactics and character assassination in the court of public opinion, there is a line which reality, the Constitution, and the facts at hand will simply prevent the federal parasite from crossing. At that point those in government -- and in the Executive Branch in particular -- realize that regardless of their zealotry and their pre-set agendas, there are still some things that they simply can't get away with. It doesn't change their intentions or their desire to jump in and poison the well in a manner better suited to cable news pundits, but it does pit their motivations against their instincts for political self-preservation (which is usually stronger than any set of ideals).

Old 07-09-2015, 04:56 AM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4567 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11689

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Mike View Post
You should also try thinking that I have a habit of speaking to the way things are supposed to work as opposed to the way that they actually are.

However, most of what I see from the government in matters like this are rhetorical opinions and editorials disguised as speeches and press releases. Obama's suggestion that federally-mandated gun control is an inevitability during his statement on the Charleston church shooting and Eric Holder's self-pitying race card soliloquy in Missouri are perfect examples of what I'm taking about: they can sway public opinion and even incite violence and disorder, but as what are essentially opinions, they're not technically illegal or in violation of anyone's rights. The problem is that there exists no legal disciplinary standard regulating such conduct or public utterances on the parts of elected (<-- keeps trying to autocorrect to "ejected") officials, so there's nothing to hold them to what I like to call a "statesman's standard." They'll even throw their own federal government under the bus as it suits them: if you recall, both the left and the right slung the same exact "9 unelected persons" argument at the Supreme Court when they didn't get their way on the ACA and gay marriage, respectively.

But then things like the Justice Department's exoneration of Darren Wilson come along and remind us that regardless of divisive political tactics and character assassination in the court of public opinion, there is a line which reality, the Constitution, and the facts at hand will simply prevent the federal parasite from crossing. At that point those in government -- and in the Executive Branch in particular -- realize that regardless of their zealotry and their pre-set agendas, there are still some things that they simply can't get away with. It doesn't change their intentions or their desire to jump in and poison the well in a manner better suited to cable news pundits, but it does pit their motivations against their instincts for political self-preservation (which is usually stronger than any set of ideals).
I'll just assume you missed the "I see what you did there" aspect of the article.

When a double standard is in place, that if the roles were reversed, and some legal action could have been taken, in form of civil rights violations, then yeah, freedom of speech is in question.

aside from that, the article is in way of awareness that our freedom of speech will soon be on the line as way of "hate speech".

Old 07-10-2015, 12:23 AM
blaze915
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:577
ALPHA MALE

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1042

Good post

Old 07-10-2015, 06:15 AM
Metal Mike
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:60
The Untrollable

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 9256 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15388

Quote:
I'll just assume you missed the "I see what you did there" aspect of the article.

When a double standard is in place, that if the roles were reversed, and some legal action could have been taken, in form of civil rights violations, then yeah, freedom of speech is in question.

aside from that, the article is in way of awareness that our freedom of speech will soon be on the line as way of "hate speech".
And that's exactly why I'm more concerned with what's happening to the Rebel Flag than what's happening to Donald Trump. What they're doing to Trump is no different from what they do to every Presidential candidate. They did it to Romney with his "43%" comments. And if they can't use what someone says, then they'll just dig deeper and find a mistress or unpaid taxes or shady business deals.

To take legal action against someone, first there have to be damages. If damages can't be proven, then no one is owed anything, justice or otherwise. Speech by itself very rarely causes the kind of damages that can be proven in court. Plus someone in Trump's position also has legal ways of defending himself, as would be the case with his hauling Univision into court (which I personally love, because even if he knows he can't win, he's got so much goddamn money that it would probably qualify as entertainment for him to just fuck them over by tying them up in court for the next decade ).

Old 07-10-2015, 10:05 AM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
dude

Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11689

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Mike View Post
And that's exactly why I'm more concerned with what's happening to the Rebel Flag than what's happening to Donald Trump. What they're doing to Trump is no different from what they do to every Presidential candidate. They did it to Romney with his "43%" comments. And if they can't use what someone says, then they'll just dig deeper and find a mistress or unpaid taxes or shady business deals.

To take legal action against someone, first there have to be damages. If damages can't be proven, then no one is owed anything, justice or otherwise. Speech by itself very rarely causes the kind of damages that can be proven in court. Plus someone in Trump's position also has legal ways of defending himself, as would be the case with his hauling Univision into court (which I personally love, because even if he knows he can't win, he's got so much goddamn money that it would probably qualify as entertainment for him to just fuck them over by tying them up in court for the next decade ).
The flag thing is just proof there is a bigger picture people choose to ignore.

I suspect it is just a starting point to lead on to bigger things. I'm confident one day, we will see a new national flag roll out.

Old 07-11-2015, 05:54 PM
Kelseecat65
Offline:
The Eternal Optimist
Poster Rank:26
Contributions: 29

Mentioned: 166 Post(s)
Quoted: 11715 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss27615

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodgasm View Post
I actually really liked you before this post . Donald Trump is a fucking idiot and so are you.
I'm an idiot because you do not agree with my views?

I'm not going to lower myself to your level and call you an idiot, because last time I checked, grown adults are allowed to have different opinions. Most, still get along just fine, but if you agree that people crossing over the border illegally is OK, then you and I will never move beyond that point.

Trump is straight to the point, and in this ridiculously politically correct world we live in today, it's refreshing to see someone up there who is willing to say what needs to be said.

He is not afraid to do what is necessary to make this country stronger again.

A secure border is needed. Aside from illegals sneaking across the border, how many ISIS potentials are going to start, or already are doing it? Setting up shop and preparing for their next big move, here on OUR soil?

He is not against anyone from Mexico or other Hispanic countries, UNLESS they are here illegally. What is so wrong with that? Nothing.

His statement was made towards anyone who got here by sneaking across the border. To those that are not here legally. It was not directed at anyone who came here the right way.

There are plenty of LEGAL Hispanic people who are here, who have done exactly what they were supposed to do in order to be here, to find a job and to live the "American dream".

It's a slap in their face, to their hard work to become legal, for us to continue to allow anyone to cross that border illegally.

This country has tons of ILLEGALS here, they sneak in, they add to the population, they don't pay income tax, some use fake social security numbers, the kids are coming in with chicken pox, MRSA staph infections, and scabies, illegals take jobs away from the LEGAL immigrants that got into this county the right way. Some are gang members, some are criminals that continue that behavior while here, some are murders and how is that fair to a LEGAL immigrant who did everything right? It's not.

How fair is that to an American citizen who was born here and along comes an illegal immigrant who should NOT be here to begin with and murders them, steals from them, etc? It's not.

My great grandparents jumped thru hoops to get here, legally.

Eric's dad was 15 when he came over with his family from Amsterdam, legally. This was several years AFTER Eric's grandfather came here. His grandfather had to be sponsored, to work a job, to prove his worth to even be here, then after jumping thru all of those hoops, his wife and 2 kids (Eric's dad being one of the kids) were allowed to come over and become citizens.

That is how it needs to be, not sneaking across the border. Anyone who sneaks across the border I would liken to a criminal breaking into my house. There is nothing honorable about that.

If someone wants to be an American Citizen, then do it the right way.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kelseecat65 For This Useful Post:
TheVrist
Old 07-11-2015, 07:52 PM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
dude

Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11689

There is no talking to people that most likely vote for this;

Kelseecat65
Old 07-11-2015, 08:02 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
There is no talking to people that most likely vote for this;

She's just as bad.

It was the Clinton's the signed into NAFTA wasn't it?

The Following User Says Thank You to rob666 For This Useful Post:
Kelseecat65
Old 07-11-2015, 08:09 PM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
dude

Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11689

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
She's just as bad.

It was the Clinton's the signed into NAFTA wasn't it?
Yeah, and yeah, she is just as bad. Bill was just her puppet. Nixon may have been, and Obama may have been bought out by the same people that runs her show.

Kelseecat65, rob666
Old 07-11-2015, 10:09 PM
MeMyselfandI
Offline:
Nope
Poster Rank:160
Male
Contributions: 13

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss6069

Quote:
Trump at least gives people a run for their money in debates, and interviews
Saw that earlier...he sure lit her up. Glad to see he's not afraid to speak his mind. I think I read he also passed Jeb in the polls too

The Following User Says Thank You to MeMyselfandI For This Useful Post:
Kelseecat65