Male

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871
Re: Nasa Approves Rocket To Take Humans To Mars

I think I can answer this one for you Blewvane. The purpose to the whole mission to start with is because they know what they aren't telling us outright. Which is we've fucked this planet up so bad that we are probably going to have to leave it in a few decades at most (Or should I say, they are not we are?). It will come down to has the money. It sounds radical, but not so much if you really look at the scheme of things.

With a reasonable effort put into studying how bad the environment and oceans are, you will find out that we may have already went beyond what can be undone according to many researchers.

I won't start plastering a bunch of statistics on here, but there are some pretty startling numbers when it comes to everything environmental. But some ocean facts I've seen are the most startling.

For those with netflix, watch "Mission Blue". It has statistics and footage concerning the ocean that makes this documentary more scary that any fucking horror movie.

If we ALL could snap our fingers worldwide and we all had solar powered houses and cars 24 hours from now and we all started recycling at the same time, it may still already be too late to turn things back.

Yet still, we as a society teach and practice that breeding is something we should all do as a sport and have several kids. Thus destroying the earth even faster.

Now, if you mean why are they wanting to do this on Mars RATHER than the moon, the answer is because they believe Mars can be terraformed. In fact, it's obvious that it was once a planet like ours. And if you're willing to stretch just a little, it looks like we may lived on that planet before here. Now there's something to think about!

The Following User Says Thank You to azdesertsnake01 For This Useful Post:
Blewvane
Old 09-04-2014, 10:27 AM
petedeamon
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:377
yes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1919

Great idea!!!!! The future of prisons and the answer to the worst.

Old 09-05-2014, 05:18 PM
azdesertsnake01
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:640
Male

Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871

Quote:
Originally Posted by petedeamon View Post
Great idea!!!!! The future of prisons and the answer to the worst.
Yeah, the only problem is, that is NOT what it's going to be used for. It is for those who can afford it, to go there when the earth craps out here. Which is not far off at all.

Old 09-05-2014, 10:40 PM
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Poster Rank:28
Arse fucker

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdesertsnake01 View Post
I think I can answer this one for you Blewvane. The purpose to the whole mission to start with is because they know what they aren't telling us outright. Which is we've fucked this planet up so bad that we are probably going to have to leave it in a few decades at most (Or should I say, they are not we are?). It will come down to has the money. It sounds radical, but not so much if you really look at the scheme of things.

With a reasonable effort put into studying how bad the environment and oceans are, you will find out that we may have already went beyond what can be undone according to many researchers.

I won't start plastering a bunch of statistics on here, but there are some pretty startling numbers when it comes to everything environmental. But some ocean facts I've seen are the most startling.

For those with netflix, watch "Mission Blue". It has statistics and footage concerning the ocean that makes this documentary more scary that any fucking horror movie.

If we ALL could snap our fingers worldwide and we all had solar powered houses and cars 24 hours from now and we all started recycling at the same time, it may still already be too late to turn things back.

Yet still, we as a society teach and practice that breeding is something we should all do as a sport and have several kids. Thus destroying the earth even faster.

Now, if you mean why are they wanting to do this on Mars RATHER than the moon, the answer is because they believe Mars can be terraformed. In fact, it's obvious that it was once a planet like ours. And if you're willing to stretch just a little, it looks like we may lived on that planet before here. Now there's something to think about!
I looked into this a while ago to see if i should be concerned. From what i learned, it is most likely that water levels will rise and the poles will reverse. Making fresh water and oxygen from salt water is something we can already do, the ocean is full of food, and the planet has plenty of resources to mine. I concluded it would perhaps be better concentrating on deep ocean capable habitats than trying to fly to another planet and terraforming it.
If shit hits the fan i have guns and will use them to steal someones boat.

Old 09-06-2014, 01:43 AM
azdesertsnake01
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:640
Male

Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871

Sorry, but there are some problems with that theory. Like in fact, no, there is DEFINITELY not plenty of food in the ocean. According to most numbers, some fish such as tuna are down by 95% in the past few decades. I could go on and on with statistics, but if by chance, you have netflix, watch the documentary I mentioned previously, "Mission Blue". I can't find it anywhere online but netflix. It's not on torrent or even the newsgroups as of now. So, netflix it is.

It explains more than I can here. After watching it, I must say, I had no idea the oceans were in bad shape like that. It shows it and gives the numbers. As far as plenty of resources to mine, I don't know you mean by that specifically, but alas, most of all of our resources are lacking too.

Say for instance, if there were no fishing rules and regulations and fisherman were allowed to get all they wanted, within a year, the catch wouldn't cover the gas it took to get the boat out into the ocean. Every year, the fish get smaller and smaller because we are fishing the ocean to death.

Something I always tried to explain to fellow survivalists back in the 90's was, don't forget if factories stop putting out food, you aren't going to alone on the range hunting critters to eat.

There will be about 300 fellow Americans doing the same. So how long do you think our resources will last at that rate? I give it 24 hours or so. Probably less considering how panicked everyone will be and will be getting whatever they can to survive and stockpiling. You would be down to eating grub worms and roaches after that for protein.

These lovable little dogs and cats that people post pics of on facebook with their cute little pussy captions, that some of these idiots spend more money on than some people do their kids, would be on the dinner plate. They wouldn't even have an apple to put in it's mouth though, lol. But even then, it would only delay the inevitable.

As far as the poles reversing, who knows if that will turn out to be true, it's one of many theories. But if it does, that won't be as simple as it sounds. That alone could single handidly end the earth.

One concern is that under certain conditions, the oceans may be no more, period. But I won't go into that too deeply. Also, keep in mind, that China is now discussing repealing their one child law. For those who are reading this and don't know, china only allows each couple to have one child. That was how they decided to control their cockroach like population growth.

They are already moving out into the world with their new found wealth that we have foolishly provided them with, buying up land and property in almost all countries with our own fucking money!

So if the worlds most populated country does that and they start popping out kids like some of the races do in the U.S. now, the world will deteriorate at a rate that we couldn't previously even dream. Worse case scenario, in 20 years, the Earth could be dead and void. Best case, it would be almost dead an void, lol.

In fact, I think very few people truly understand how bad the shit is we are facing worldwide very soon. The whole time, all our governments know how to do is argue and bitch and corporations grab for the mighty dollar as though time will never end. The stock market is where our beating heart is!

I often ask myself the question if humanity even deserves to survive. Most of the time, the answer "No" comes back to me.

I have wondered what if aliens were to beam me up to their ship right now and tell me that they are getting ready to destroy the world?

However, if I can convince them that humanity is worth saving, they would stop. I have asked myself, what would I say?
I picture myself stuttering which I never do, and not having a real answer for them. Picture yourself in that predicament. What would you say???

Some people have said that we are being watched by beings from other planets. If we are, they must think we are a fucking universal disaster.

The whole time, most people here think breeding is a sport that should be practiced often. A baby bump is considered a blessing. Lol, we are doing ourselves in at a rate that is multiplying at an ever faster rate.

Old 09-06-2014, 09:19 AM
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Arse fucker

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdesertsnake01 View Post
Sorry, but........
My point was that it would be alot easier to set up a deep sea colony (meaning under water) than it would to set up a colony on mars.
I maintain my previous post. Fresh water and oxygen is easily extracted from sea water, hydrogen is easy to extract as well and can be used for fuel. The byproduct of burning hydrogen + oxygen is?????? Water Vapour!!!
Food? Wild fish and other ocean life, fish and other ocean dwelling critters can be farmed, did you know you can eat sea weed?, vegetable crops grown inside the structure will also help remove Co2, and we can even grow meat in labs now as well. So plenty to eat but i do agree there will not be a McDonalds on every street corner.
We are not running out of minerals, we are just running out of places where they are easy and economical to extract.
The only way this ^ wouldn't work is if we suffered an extinction level event that flash boiled all the water or busted the planet into pieces.

As for Mars. We don't have the technology or ability to get enough people, building material, and machinery to construct a self sustaining martian colony. We don't have the technology or ability to terraform a planet. We don't know how to create a thick atmosphere and magnetic field to stabalize temperatures and protect us from cosmic radiation.

Maybe in 300 - 500 years we might have developed technologies that will allow us to start a martian colony and drive around in hover cars, but it certainly won't be in our or our childrens lifetime.

Old 09-06-2014, 10:12 AM
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:163
Female

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss6035

Over 200,000 people have applied to go and live on Mars in their Mars One space programme apparently. Just google the Mars One project and it will tell you all about the plan to send the first group of people out there in 2024 I believe! One way ticket only. Go out there, live there and stuck there forever!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Karma For This Useful Post:
azdesertsnake01
Old 09-06-2014, 10:22 AM
ralucagymnast
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:289

Quoted: 1032 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2812

Terraforming Mars is possible, it would take about 50 years. I would definitely go; we need a Plan B for sure. We are heading into another great war believe me. A friend of mine was telling me about his friend who is a shipbuilder; not giving away any more details so dont ask me, but I will say that they are at this very moment building warships the likes of which hasnt been seen before, in the words of my friends friend they are "Unbelievable; the weaponry is like nothing on earth". Also these ships have to be ready in 5 months time, ahead of the expected time, so they want them in a hurry. Why?

Old 09-06-2014, 11:48 AM
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Arse fucker

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralucagymnast View Post
Terraforming Mars is possible, it would take about 50 years. I would definitely go; we need a Plan B for sure. We are heading into another great war believe me. A friend of mine was telling me about his friend who is a shipbuilder; not giving away any more details so dont ask me, but I will say that they are at this very moment building warships the likes of which hasnt been seen before, in the words of my friends friend they are "Unbelievable; the weaponry is like nothing on earth". Also these ships have to be ready in 5 months time, ahead of the expected time, so they want them in a hurry. Why?
Reading your theory on how we are going to terraform Mars should be interesting. Explain in detail how each step would be accomplished, just don't post links to wikipedia and NASA. Don't forget to include the process of how to establish a permanent magnetosphere to protect the planet from cosmic radiation, increase the planets gravity to a level more suitable for flora and fauna, and let us know exactly who is going to do it and where the money for all this comes from.

As for the arms buildup, this is the wrong thread to go into a lengthy discussion on that topic.

Old 09-06-2014, 12:24 PM
ralucagymnast
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:289

Quoted: 1032 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2812

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewvane View Post
Reading your theory on how we are going to terraform Mars should be interesting. Explain in detail how each step would be accomplished, just don't post links to wikipedia and NASA. Don't forget to include the process of how to establish a permanent magnetosphere to protect the planet from cosmic radiation, increase the planets gravity to a level more suitable for flora and fauna, and let us know exactly who is going to do it and where the money for all this comes from.

As for the arms buildup, this is the wrong thread to go into a lengthy discussion on that topic.
Not Wikipedia or NASA; this guy Robert Zubrin is the founder of the Mars Society so he knows his stuff. http://www.universetoday.com/9730/zu...aforming-mars/
By the way the stuff about the ships is kind of relevant here, as scientists start to think about the possibility of having to exit Earth one day. And I wasnt trying to provoke a lengthy discussion about any arms build up.