Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8123
N. Korea Threatens Attack on S. Korea

North Korea issues unusually specific threat

North Korea's military vowed a new and unusually specific threat to its neighbors, saying it would reduce South Korea "to ashes" in less than four minutes.

The statement, released Monday when programming was interrupted on North Korea's state TV by a special report, comes amid rising tensions on the Korean peninsula.

Earlier this month, North Korea was unsuccessful in a long-range missile launch, prompting worries that North Korea may conduct another nuclear test. South Korean officials say new satellite images show that North Korea has been digging a tunnel in what appears to be preparation for a third atomic test.

According to the Associated Press, the statement from North Korea was unusual in promising something soon and in describing a specific period of time.

The North Korean military threatened to "reduce all the rat-like groups and the bases for provocations to ashes in three or four minutes, (or) in much shorter time, by unprecedented peculiar means and methods of our own style."

For months the North has castigated South Korean President Lee Myung-bak and the conservative administration for insulting their leadership and criticizing a new cruise missile capable of striking anywhere in the south.

South Korean officials responded, urging North Korea to end the threats. "We urge North Korea to immediately stop this practice," Unification Ministry spokesman Kim Hyung-suk said, according to the Associated Press. "We express deep concern that the North's threats and accusations have worsened inter-Korean ties and heightened tensions."

Meanwhile, in a meeting Sunday with a North Korean delegation in Beijing, China's senior official on foreign policy praised the leadership shown by North Korea's new young leader, Kim Jong Un.

The meeting follows the April 13 launch of what the United States called a disguised ballistic missile test by North Korea. The rocket disintegrated minutes after launch.

Old 04-23-2012, 06:12 PM
Tyberius
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:746

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss694
Re: N. Korea Threatens Attack on S. Korea

I think North Korea is gonna start WW3. They're calling the west "imperials" and that kind of shit never ends well. I've seen their troops and how they fanatically cheer Kim-Jong and they look brainwashed.
Nazi Germany all over again.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Tyberius For This Useful Post:
BigFoot, candymosh, HairyGrape, Insideoutbodies, Pelle, Rille, rob666, StoneMason, Sweeney, tonyn
Old 04-23-2012, 06:22 PM
DannyDrama
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:356
Contributions: 1

Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2093

They're just butthurt because they fucked up. But you're right, nothing Korean ends well.

Old 04-23-2012, 06:51 PM
lroy10
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:1104

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss356

Have the North Koreans even figured out they shouldn't hold the zippo to the middle of wick yet? Yeah, the North Koreans are attacking alright, watch out for out the rocks and arrows. And tell us what does the winner get Bob? More people you can't feed! Wooo Hooo! WTF, just stop, please. We get it, your badasses in the North.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:40 PM
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Poster Rank:28
Arse fucker

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730

Ask yourselves how it got to this point to start with. Why didn't the UN disolve NK back in the 1950's? This is the cold war all over again.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:04 PM
Dynamo47
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:379
Male

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1905

This is where the US and our allies need to simply pummel the hell out of them with attacks from the sea and air. No ground troops simply air and sea attack and cripple them once and for all.

They are like that annoying little yappy dog that is always threatening to bite you and never does... until your back is turned.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dynamo47 For This Useful Post:
BigFoot, Brometheus, Sweeney, TwistedPrincess
Old 04-23-2012, 10:34 PM
Zambini
Offline:
Instigator Extraordinaire
Poster Rank:53
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 8124 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss17008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo47 View Post
This is where the US and our allies need to simply pummel the hell out of them with attacks from the sea and air. No ground troops simply air and sea attack and cripple them once and for all.

They are like that annoying little yappy dog that is always threatening to bite you and never does... until your back is turned.
Doesn't work unless you use Nukes

Didn't work on Germany
Didn't work on Japan
Didn't work in Vietnam

Either use Nukes or invade

I vote for Nukes, change a few Countries around the world.

Attitude adjustment time

Dynamo47
Old 04-24-2012, 02:46 AM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewvane View Post
Ask yourselves how it got to this point to start with. Why didn't the UN disolve NK back in the 1950's? This is the cold war all over again.
I think they gave it their best shot, but China was fighting with the North Koreans and it would have gotten really, really nasty.
In hindsight, finishing the fight might have just saved the inevitable.....

Old 04-24-2012, 02:47 AM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo47 View Post

Yappy little dog with a million man army, and nuclear bombs + the means to deliver them..... If they are ever backed into a corner, god help South Korea.

Old 04-24-2012, 04:04 AM
xstunt1ngx
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:632

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss883

Time to start building my underground bunker...

The Following User Says Thank You to xstunt1ngx For This Useful Post:
Deluxe247