Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1894 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93392
Mum Jailed For 14 Years For Murdering Baby

Quote:
A mother has been jailed for life with a minimum of 14 years for murdering her 11-month-old baby son.

Click image for larger version

Name:	comp-4-522x293.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	510053

Emma Wilson, 25, from Windsor in Berkshire attacked her own toddler inflicting a catalogue of 'catastrophic' injuries.

Callum Wilson was born on April 23 2010 and spent his first months with foster parents.

In November 2010, Callum returned to the care of his mother at her flat in Paddock Close.

In March 2011 neighbours described hearing five or six loud bangs coming from the flat, the following morning Ms Wilson called paramedics to help her son who she said was "lifeless and not doing anything".

During the trial at the Old Bailey prosecutor Paul Dunkels QC told the jury: "The effect of the injuries would have been immediate and catastrophic."

In court Ms Wilson tried to blame the injuries on the toddler's two year old brother who she said was "boisterous".

The jury though returned a unanimous verdict of guilty to murder.

The jury were also shown a series of 'selfie' photograph taken in the days before the fatal attack where Ms Wilson was smiling at the camera with her son behind her - at this stage he could be seen with minor injuries.

Judge Stephen Kramer QC told Wilson: "You are adept at lying and once you have decided to lie you are adept at sustaining that lie."

As she was taken down to the cells Wilson was in tears, as were members of her family who were watching on from the public gallery.

Speaking after the verdict, Det Ch Insp Ian Hunter from Thames Valley Police said: “This case has been a harrowing and emotional journey for all involved.

"Callum's life was cruelly cut short and he suffered an abhorrent catalogue of abuse at the hands of his mother.

"This conviction demonstrates the absolute commitment of the prosecution team and witnesses to ensure justice was served. Our thoughts will always be with Callum."

A neighbour and friend of Ms Wilson, who didn't want to be identified, told Sky News: "I thought she was a good mum.

"I don't know why if people saw him going downhill at nursery or whatever they didn't step in earlier."

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Faline For This Useful Post:
BBKF, Darkest Angel, Kelseecat65, Megamel29
Old 01-24-2014, 05:24 PM
Nite
Offline:
Retarded Genius
Poster Rank:3

Mentioned: 384 Post(s)
Quoted: 16132 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
11/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss88611
Re: Mum Jailed For 14 Years For Murdering Baby

I wonder why the baby was removed and then returned to her.
Any chance there is any information on this?
Tragedy all around

The Following User Says Thank You to Nite For This Useful Post:
Megamel29
Old 01-24-2014, 05:43 PM
Faline
Offline:
♥ Moderator ♥
Poster Rank:2
Gore Goddess
Contributions: 226

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1894 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93392

Bit more info:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-25874635
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/windsor-bab...ld-son-1433700
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ured-body.html

If you google her name there should be more.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Faline For This Useful Post:
Megamel29, Nite
Old 01-24-2014, 05:57 PM
divreaper
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:412
male

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 349 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1719

Why just why

Old 01-24-2014, 07:36 PM
Jere
Offline:
blow me
Poster Rank:69
pillager

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 345 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13669

minimum 14 years a life sentence should mean life in prison... shes getting off easy even if she doesn't get paroled she got off easy...

Kelseecat65, shinycatcreations
Old 01-24-2014, 08:39 PM
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3102

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss73

More details including injury grrrrr

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-25874635

A woman has been jailed for life after beating and blinding her 11-month-old son who she then murdered.

Callum Wilson, from Windsor, suffered a detached retina, an "unsurvivable brain injury", broken bones and bruising, and died in hospital in March 2011.

Emma Wilson, 25, of Paddock Close, had blamed the injuries on Callum's "boisterous" older brother.

She was sentenced to life with a minimum of 14 years, at the Old Bailey in London.

Wilson was convicted of murder in December after she was unanimously found guilty by a jury following a five-week trial at the same court.

Wilson became pregnant in 2009 after a relationship with Lee Workman, who was unaware he was the father, prosecutor Paul Dunkels QC said during the trial.

'Brother blamed'
As with her first child, Wilson showed no physical signs of pregnancy and was able to keep Callum's birth a secret.

The court heard her then-partner, Neil Mitchinson, had insisted Callum be put up for adoption, something Wilson "deeply regretted".

Callum was born on 23 April 2010 and spent the first few months of his life with foster parents.

In November 2010 he was returned to his mother, but on 18 March 2011 he was taken by ambulance to Wexham Park Hospital in Slough suffering serious injuries

Following medical tests he was taken to the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford, where he died on 21 March.

The infant was found with a brain injury, rib, arm and leg fractures and bruising across his face and body.

During Wilson's trial, Mr Dunkels told the jury she had claimed "constant pushing and rolling" of Callum by his then 23-month-old brother may have been to blame for the injuries.

He added: "But he could not have fractured Callum's ribs, which was consistent with violent squeezing of Callum's chest."

She also blamed Callum's brother after health and social workers spotted scratches on him during visits to Wilson's flat, the jury was told.

Continue reading the main story

Start Quote

The sentence today is a reflection of the abuse Callum suffered at the hands of someone entrusted to care for him and the pain he must have felt during his short life”

Det Supt Ian Hunter
'Violent act'
The court heard Wilson also lied to staff and parents at a playgroup at Woodlands Park Village children's centre in Maidenhead, claiming Callum was her cousin's son.

She provided a false surname and address for the youngster and claimed on one occasion that bruising on Callum's face had been caused by an older sister who in fact did not exist, prosecutor Paul Dunkels said.

Staff noticed Callum change from a "happy, smiling baby" to "emotionless and listless", he added.

Photographs were shown to the jury of Callum with visible bruising to his face.

The Crown Prosecution Service said at least one picture was taken by Wilson of her with Callum in the background, but there was no evidence to suggest that it was after the baby had died.

Mr Dunkels said the prosecution did not believe Wilson intended to kill her son but claimed she carried out "a violent act" against a "vulnerable" child.

Following the sentencing, Det Supt Ian Hunter said: "The sentence today is a reflection of the abuse Callum suffered at the hands of someone entrusted to care for him and the pain he must have felt during his short life.

"It also reflects on the dedication and efforts of the investigating officers and prosecution team to deliver justice for Callum during what was a difficult and emotional case for many of them.

"Of course, sadly it does not bring Callum back and our thoughts will always remain with him."

A serious case review report is due to be published by the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead's Local Safeguarding Children Board in four to six weeks time

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shinycatcreations For This Useful Post:
Darkest Angel, Megamel29
Old 01-25-2014, 04:44 AM
ak74
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:884

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss524

she will be fucked violently by the other inmates

Old 01-25-2014, 08:27 PM
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3102

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss73

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak74 View Post
she will be fucked violently by the other inmates
Good! I know alot of prisoners dont like baby killers. She had to hit him hard to detach a retina and cause unsurvivable brain damage. I know babies are more fragile then we are , but you still have to hit pretty hard to do that kind of damage. We should give the prisoners a list of injuries she gave her son and let them go down the list and do the exact same to her.

Old 01-25-2014, 09:45 PM
BBKF
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:654
Female

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss838

Nothing pisses me off more than thinking about a child in pain. I could really hurt someone if I knew they were abusing a little one.

Old 01-25-2014, 11:10 PM
Megamel29
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:283
Female
Contributions: 6

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

This monster slowly and painfully murdered her baby over five months and then tried to pin it on her other child. She should never again see the light of day.