Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2628
Re: Mubarak Resigns, Hands Power to Military

Quote:
Originally Posted by daughterothenight View Post
The tectonic shift going on in Egypt, and in the broader Middle East, may have dramatic effects on the future price of oil, the extent of American regional influence, Israeli security, and a host of other key questions.
Might I just say fuck the American influence, fuck the price of oil, and fuck Israel's security. We've all been party for decades to this regime that has tortured and murdered its own citizens. It was oh so bad when Saddam did it, but Murbarak was just a bit too convenient.

Enough with the political bullshit, our politicians and diplomats have had an easy ride for too long. Let's make them earn their pay through unsexy good old fashioned diplomacy. They insist we work ever harder, now let's return the favour.

Old 02-13-2011, 06:09 AM
Nite
Offline:
Retarded Genius
Poster Rank:3

Mentioned: 384 Post(s)
Quoted: 16112 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
11/20 14/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssss88592

Quote:
i trust them about as far as i can throw them. here's a cut and paste off of their own website. they are a violent group just like all of the rest of them. honestly, hell is too damn good for these bastards.

Hamas restored palestinians" dignity

The Deputy Chairman of the MB concluded his interview by stressing that Hamas had played a vital role in redeeming the dignity of the Palestinian people, by directing painful strikes at the Israeli occupying forces, thereby shattering its security doctrine and causing it human casualties, an economic slowdown and reduced touristic activity within the Zionist state.
hmmmm
never heard bout that...............
will investigate further

Old 02-13-2011, 06:17 AM
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:30
guess

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss24741

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChockFullOfChock View Post
Might I just say fuck the American influence, fuck the price of oil, and fuck Israel's security. We've all been party for decades to this regime that has tortured and murdered its own citizens. It was oh so bad when Saddam did it, but Murbarak was just a bit too convenient.

Enough with the political bullshit, our politicians and diplomats have had an easy ride for too long. Let's make them earn their pay through unsexy good old fashioned diplomacy. They insist we work ever harder, now let's return the favour.
ok . . .

give me something i can work with here sweetheart.

Old 02-13-2011, 07:01 AM
guess

Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss24741

mind you, it's late and i'm only copying from wiki now, so i'm sure you can find more info elsewhere, but here are a few more things on the MB that bother me:

The Muslim Brotherhood's goal, as stated by Brotherhood founder Hassan al-Banna was to reclaim Islam’s manifest destiny, an empire, stretching from Spain to Indonesia.

Sayyid Qutb, an Islamic intellectual and supporter of the Brotherhood wrote in his 1963 book, Milestones, (Ma'alim fi al-Tariq):

The leadership of mankind by Western man is now on the decline, not because Western culture has become poor materially or because its economic and military power has become weak. The period of the Western system has come to an end primarily because it is deprived of those life-giving values, which enabled it to be the leader of mankind. It is necessary for the new leadership to preserve and develop the material fruits of the creative genius of Europe, and also to provide mankind with such high ideals and values as have so far remained undiscovered by mankind, and which will also acquaint humanity with a way of life which is harmonious with human nature, which is positive and constructive, and which is practicable. Islam is the only System which possesses these values and this way of life.

italics are mine.

Old 02-13-2011, 07:03 AM
guess

Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss24741

their website is even scarier.

Old 02-13-2011, 03:30 PM
ChockFullOfChock
Offline:
Madonna vergine bugiarda.
Poster Rank:301
Male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2628

Quote:
ok . . .

give me something i can work with here sweetheart.
Just venting at no one in particular.

I want to see some good come out of this, that's all.

Old 02-13-2011, 04:30 PM
guess

Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss24741

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChockFullOfChock View Post
Just venting at no one in particular.

I want to see some good come out of this, that's all.
yeah, i understand. being a pessimist and thinking that nothing good will ever come of the various situations in the middle east, sometimes i think it would be better to nuke the whole sandlot.